Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bloomberg and Obama target of terrorism « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #45 : June 03, 2013, 10:16:26 AM »

Are you on medication? You remind me of Creed from The Office.

lolz, and the complete lack of self-awareness reminds me of Michael.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #46 : June 03, 2013, 10:19:19 AM »

Are you on medication? You remind me of Creed from The Office.

lolz, and the complete lack of self-awareness reminds me of Michael.

The Scarecrow pile on. As predictable as the sun. Lol. Weak as hell, but funny as all get out.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #47 : June 03, 2013, 10:21:13 AM »

Just. F*ck. Already.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #48 : June 03, 2013, 01:06:23 PM »

It's highly amusing watching the guy who keeps citing gun violence statistics, and who clearly favors strict gun laws, jump from thread to thread to tell everyone THEY are the ones living in fear. I've held off long enough, I was hoping at some point you were going to say "just kidding", but it seems as though you really believe it's everyone else who's afraid. I think we might be dealing with someone very special in your case.

I said fear is the motivation behind the "slippery slope" argument . . . the argument you keep reverting to . . . the argument Spartan's comments illustrate.

Its not that complicated

Fear? Or maybe just observation couple with the ability to think. I see what the Govt is currently doing, hear what they want to do and put the pieces together.

Take Diane Feinstein, biggest driver of Gun control in the senate, she is on record saying she would ban all guns:

Obama has been quoted on saying he does not believe people should own guns.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/author-quotes-then-professor-obama-saying-i-dont-believe-people-should

"I don't believe people should be able to own guns," Obama told Lott one day at the University of Chicago Law School.

Now look back at how the aforementioned Obama "evolved" on gay marriage. aka, it was politically feasible to follow a policy he had previously kept quiet. Couple that with the revelations of the last few months how this Administration has no qualms on abusing it's power and you still think I have "fear" of a slippery slope? Or simply coming to a logical conclusion?   
« : June 03, 2013, 01:07:57 PM spartan »

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #49 : June 03, 2013, 02:15:08 PM »

It's highly amusing watching the guy who keeps citing gun violence statistics, and who clearly favors strict gun laws, jump from thread to thread to tell everyone THEY are the ones living in fear. I've held off long enough, I was hoping at some point you were going to say "just kidding", but it seems as though you really believe it's everyone else who's afraid. I think we might be dealing with someone very special in your case.

I said fear is the motivation behind the "slippery slope" argument . . . the argument you keep reverting to . . . the argument Spartan's comments illustrate.

Its not that complicated

Fear? Or maybe just observation couple with the ability to think. I see what the Govt is currently doing, hear what they want to do and put the pieces together.

Take Diane Feinstein, biggest driver of Gun control in the senate, she is on record saying she would ban all guns:

Obama has been quoted on saying he does not believe people should own guns.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/author-quotes-then-professor-obama-saying-i-dont-believe-people-should

"I don't believe people should be able to own guns," Obama told Lott one day at the University of Chicago Law School.

Now look back at how the aforementioned Obama "evolved" on gay marriage. aka, it was politically feasible to follow a policy he had previously kept quiet. Couple that with the revelations of the last few months how this Administration has no qualms on abusing it's power and you still think I have "fear" of a slippery slope? Or simply coming to a logical conclusion?

Here you go Escobar ^^

Now, if you guys have some strange objection to the word "fear" that's fine, characterize it however you wish, BUT the simple truth is that the driving objection to any gun restrictions is concern that you (gun owners) will be forcibly disarmed.

For what it is worth, the United States Supreme Court recently afffirmed that the Second Amendment ensures a right to bear arms. Sure a later Court could change its stance, but it took about SIXTY YEARS for the Court to move from Plessy to Brown v. Board of Education and many more years for Brown to have any meaningful impact.

The point -- we are a long way way from any legal change,  if it ever happened, and your grandkids would have plenty of notice.
« : June 03, 2013, 02:27:58 PM VinBucFan »

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #50 : June 04, 2013, 09:34:27 AM »

Here you go Escobar ^^

Now, if you guys have some strange objection to the word "fear" that's fine, characterize it however you wish, BUT the simple truth is that the driving objection to any gun restrictions is concern that you (gun owners) will be forcibly disarmed.

For what it is worth, the United States Supreme Court recently afffirmed that the Second Amendment ensures a right to bear arms. Sure a later Court could change its stance, but it took about SIXTY YEARS for the Court to move from Plessy to Brown v. Board of Education and many more years for Brown to have any meaningful impact.

The point -- we are a long way way from any legal change,  if it ever happened, and your grandkids would have plenty of notice.

The level of disdain this President and Democrats in general have for the Constitution fills me with such hope this will never happen, and the fact that if it does it will be "a long way away" is so encouraging. Most Democrats see the 2nd Amendment as an aberration for a multitude of reasons and they want to (at best) strip it to a shell,and they keep on coming back. 'Compromise" and "common sense reform" are mere tools in chipping away until they will eventually get their end goal.

As I have said in the past, if I saw some "common sense" reforms that were actually effective in achieving their intended goals,  I would listen, but I don't. All I see are people attempting to manipulate circumstance to forward their agenda. That's not fear Vin, that's not being stupid.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #51 : June 04, 2013, 03:15:27 PM »

Here you go Escobar ^^

The level of disdain this President and Democrats in general have for the Constitution fills me with such hope this will never happen, and the fact that if it does it will be "a long way away" is so encouraging. Most Democrats see the 2nd Amendment as an aberration for a multitude of reasons and they want to (at best) strip it to a shell,and they keep on coming back. 'Compromise" and "common sense reform" are mere tools in chipping away until they will eventually get their end goal.

Spartan I am a fiscal conservative and I believe in limited government and the right to bear arms BUT the reason you have that feeling about Democrats is that they are responding to the obscenly ridiculous positions of gun advocates who seem to REJECT any restriction, including things as simple as universal background checks, sometimes for no reason other than inconvenience (as witnessed in every thread on here). 

I am no Democrat, but YOU (gun owners) need to get your own house in order before you start chastising Democrats.  As I said many times, the current posture of gun owners is so absurd it will lead to a massive overreaction and yYou (gun owners) will lose freedom you could have maintained.

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #52 : June 04, 2013, 08:00:40 PM »

Vin, with all due respect I don't have to change what I do just because you don't like it. If you don't like what I do, that is your problem not mine, and it is not my job to change what I do to make you happy.

You have run with this narrative before that I, and people like me need to get our act together and make it so that you find it acceptable. Sorry to break the bad news but no I don't.

You have also pushed the narrative that "we" are against all background checks. No we are not, we are simply against the current proposals for background checks because they are full of all kinds of mistakes and unintended consequences. And for the record it is not my job to fix it. it's yours because you are the one making (supporting)  the proposal.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #53 : June 04, 2013, 08:50:54 PM »

Vin, with all due respect I don't have to change what I do just because you don't like it. If you don't like what I do, that is your problem not mine, and it is not my job to change what I do to make you happy.

You have run with this narrative before that I, and people like me need to get our act together and make it so that you find it acceptable. Sorry to break the bad news but no I don't.

You have also pushed the narrative that "we" are against all background checks. No we are not, we are simply against the current proposals for background checks because they are full of all kinds of mistakes and unintended consequences. And for the record it is not my job to fix it. it's yours because you are the one making (supporting)  the proposal.

I wasn't telling you what to do I was saying you (hard core gun owners) are crying crocodile tears and talking nonsense when you suggest Democrats are the problem. He'll, rank and file NRA members don't even supposedly share the views of Wayne and his minions. How could they, it's preposterous.

You do what ever you want. I just commented on the repercussions. Examples are there to see of minority groups overplaying their hand.

Spartan, on background checks I will call your bluff. You tell me what plan you would accept that would close the current wide open system that allows me to go online or to my neighbor right now and buy an AR15 and 500 rounds of ammo without a background check? Before you said universal background checks would keep you from giving a gift go your wife so you opposed them. Changed your mind? I look forward to your response
« : June 04, 2013, 08:55:39 PM VinBucFan »

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #54 : June 05, 2013, 01:15:29 PM »

For one I think if both parties have a concealed weapons permit they ought to be able to sell or give weapons between them without checks.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #55 : June 05, 2013, 01:27:50 PM »

For one I think if both parties have a concealed weapons permit they ought to be able to sell or give weapons between them without checks.

That is a caveat to a restriction, right?  Fair enough, I guess, but does that mean you are for universal background checks with just that caveat? I guess not because you said "for one"

Btw, this was ny comment from before:

Spartan, on background checks I will call your bluff. You tell me what plan you would accept that would close the current wide open system that allows me to go online or to my neighbor right now and buy an AR15 and 500 rounds of ammo without a background check?
« : June 05, 2013, 01:30:15 PM VinBucFan »

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #56 : June 05, 2013, 07:28:20 PM »

That is a caveat to a restriction, right?  Fair enough, I guess, but does that mean you are for universal background checks with just that caveat? I guess not because you said "for one"

Btw, this was ny comment from before:

Spartan, on background checks I will call your bluff. You tell me what plan you would accept that would close the current wide open system that allows me to go online or to my neighbor right now and buy an AR15 and 500 rounds of ammo without a background check?

How about anonymous background checks? Not as stupid as it sounds before you say anything.

Right now when you buy a firearm from a FFL dealer you have to fill out about 3 pages of paperwork and the call the FBI/ATF or whoever. They get some kind of clearance number and then keep that paper work.  If I want to sell a gun, I can take it into a FFL or police station with the purchaser. We need to provide ID with SSN, photo and address. A background check is run but no record of the check is kept by the FFL of Law enforcement. If the purchaser fails, the sale should not continue.

I do not think you should require a background check if I want to lend my gun to a friend. For example if I take him to a range to introduce him to shooting. Similarly I don't think a range (for example) should have to run a background check to rent guns at a range if someone wants to go shooting for 30 minutes.

While I am at it, I will 'fess up and state that I see those who are driving gun control and I have no confidence they are trying to solve any problem, which to some extent enforces my resistance. All they are doing is seizing on an opportunity to eliminate, restrict or curtail something they don't like. That is not necessarily you Vin because I think you are up front on your reasons, but others? Not so much,
« : June 05, 2013, 07:31:10 PM spartan »

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #57 : June 07, 2013, 01:19:17 PM »

I see those who are driving gun control and I have no confidence they are trying to solve any problem, which to some extent enforces my resistance. All they are doing is seizing on an opportunity to eliminate, restrict or curtail something they don't like.

I think you are right about that and that is precisely the type of overreaction I have been posting about. It will just get worse because another Sandy Hook is right around the corner.  You cant have unfettered access to guns in this society without Sandy Hooks and Columbines etc.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #58 : June 07, 2013, 01:20:28 PM »

Others can decided whether fear is at play, but this is from today's news:

"A Texas woman has been arrested in connection with the mailing of three letters containing a form of the poison ricin to President Obama, New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg and the director of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, federal authorities said.

Shannon Rogers Guess Richardson of New Boston, Texas, originally called the Federal Bureau of Investigation claiming that her husband had sent the letters, officials said. The investigators found that she had sent the letters herself, they said.

The woman was arrested in Arkansas on charges that will be filed Friday afternoon, the authorities said.

No doubt the divorce issues muddy the waters because this could be nothing more than the ex-wife trying to set up her ex-husband, but both are gun owners:

Nathaniel Richardson is also a known gun owner. A family friend revealed to the New York Post that the Army vet used to have “dozens of pictures of his guns” on his Facebook page, but that they have been taken down. Meanwhile, Shannon Guess has also posed in photos with a gun.
« : June 07, 2013, 01:23:37 PM VinBucFan »

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #59 : June 08, 2013, 03:56:18 PM »

a new Civil War?

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2013/0608/Colorado-secede-Counties-weigh-exit-plan-to-form-state-of-North-Colorado

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bloomberg and Obama target of terrorism « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools