Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LeBron's Legacy « previous next »
Page: 1

kjbugman

Starter

: June 03, 2013, 04:30:00 PM

Found this article on Lebron.  http://literallysports.blogspot.com/2013/06/lebrons-legacy.html

What do you think his Legacy will be?

BIG MAC AND BIG SACK!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 03, 2013, 05:08:42 PM

I don't think he is too thrilled with that Miami situation.  I think he ends up back in Cleveland.  They have Kyree Irvin and the #1 pick in the draft.

Then LeBron is the big hero for bailing on the dream team and going home.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 03, 2013, 05:14:42 PM

I think he has benefited from playing in the the most watered down version of the NBA. The rules in place are designed for scoring, offensive players have much more freedom than in any other era. This era also has very few skilled big men, far fewer players who are fundamentally sound (I blame that on the And 1 nonsense), and to be honest a large percentage of players in the NBA today..including many starters...would have trouble even making the roster of a team in the 80's to late 90's. He's a good player, obviously, but he's also the most protected player in terms of officiating that I've ever seen, including Jordan. When a call goes against him, like his offensive foul late in game 6, he literally doesn't know how to react. He's so use to every single call going his way (because it typically does), that he's floored when one goes against him.

Next you factor in his mental toughness, that extra edge that all great players need to have. Well, this is where he really falls short. Can you ever picture Jordan's Bulls getting to the finals and getting swept, like Lebron's Cavs did against San Antonio? How about the Heat losing to Dallas in the finals with Lebron looking lost and unmotivated the entire series? How about Lebron stating recently that he has no problem with flopping? This isn't the mentality of a legend IMO.

I believe Lebron is a good player who benefits greatly from the era he plays in, and he'd rather things get handed to him than have to earn it. In the end he won't even be Kobe, much less Michael.
: June 03, 2013, 05:16:22 PM Escobar06

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 03, 2013, 05:42:29 PM

These type of games are where legends are made and this is where Lebron can really struggle. He doesn't handle end game pressure really well. For every gamewinner he has hit, he has about 15 he misses.

If he ends up in Cleveland again, so be it. I like what we're building here and Lebron would probably put the team over the top.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#4 : June 03, 2013, 05:49:43 PM

lebron used to deserve a lot of the criticisms he received...but that guy can flat out play now.  i read he is averages 34ppg in game 7's.  if he had ANY help at all from ANYONE on his team they would have swept the pacers.  all he needs is allen, cole, battier, chalmers, or miller to hit a few shots for him.  wide open shots.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#5 : June 03, 2013, 06:31:28 PM

Lebron needs to ditch his crackhead mom. She didn't an awful job at raising him and I wouldn't want her near my children.
She is out banging his teammates, smoking the pipe and taking his money.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#6 : June 04, 2013, 11:01:26 AM

The article is terrible and does not support any arguments. Lebron has been in the league for a while but it is still early to talk about his legacy.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 07, 2013, 03:18:25 PM

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/9353089/dennis-rodman-says-lebron-james-average-played-90s

Love it...nothing but the truth.  My favorite part :

"Rodman believes his best Bulls team would easily defeat James' Heat.

"It would be no contest. The Heat has better talent than we had, but we had smarter players," Rodman said. "That's the only thing we had, smarter players. ... I would take Bosh out of his damn game easy. That's not even a problem. And how would Dwyane Wade match up with Scottie Pippen? Really? And Scottie Pippen would guard LeBron easy. And how are you going to cover those two guys (Jordan and Pippen)?""

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 07, 2013, 07:38:40 PM

Pippen would not have success guarding LeBron.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 07, 2013, 07:46:43 PM

Under current NBA rules, I agree. Nobody can consistently have success guarding anyone when every rule favors the offensive player. Without that special treatment, Lebron would be lucky to average 10-15 ppg against Pippen. Against Jordan I'm not sure Lebron would even finish the game, you'd probably find him hiding behind the bench weeping by the start of the second half.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 08, 2013, 01:56:39 PM

Under current NBA rules, I agree. Nobody can consistently have success guarding anyone when every rule favors the offensive player. Without that special treatment, Lebron would be lucky to average 10-15 ppg against Pippen. Against Jordan I'm not sure Lebron would even finish the game, you'd probably find him hiding behind the bench weeping by the start of the second half.
i dont think you give lebron the respect his game deserves.  lebron can do anything he wants out there, and at 6-9 270 he could also do very well in the more physical NBA of the past.  lebron isnt 19 years old anymore.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 08, 2013, 02:39:18 PM

I'd say I give Lebron the exact amount of respect he deserves. I think you've forgotten what real defense use to look like compared to what it is today. Much better defense combined with much better defenders and a much deeper league mean Lebron would be exactly what Rodman said, just an average player. Jordan is Jordan because he dominated that era, Lebron wouldn't come close.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 08, 2013, 08:04:05 PM

dennis rodman also said the leader of NKorea was a pretty swell guy.  lebron can hit 3's from midcourt and can take it to the hoop.  i think its laughable you think lebron, probably the most athletic big man ever, who just shot 40% from 3 point land...would have been an average player a decade ago.

there's not a single player near the caliber of lebron today.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#13 : June 08, 2013, 09:09:20 PM

Couldn't care less about Rodman's political views, this is what matters:

Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2011

5-time NBA Champion: 1989, 1990, 1996, 1997, 1998

2-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year: 1990, 1991

IBM Award: 1992

8-time NBA All-Defensive Selection

First Team: 1989-93, 1995, 1996
    Second Team: 1994

2-time All-NBA Third Team: 1992, 1995

2-time NBA All-Star: 1990, 1992

He's a bit more qualified than we are to make an assessment. Lebron is a good player, I'm probably underrating him when I say he'd be average in previous era's, but I'm positive he wouldn't be close to what he is now.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#14 : June 08, 2013, 10:06:16 PM

is he qualifed?  yes.  does he have a history of making outlandish claims for attention?  yes he does.  heck, he's even got pippen guarding lebron AND wade in the quote you posted.  i do agree he could take bosh out of his game...but rodman would be much less effective if he was out on the 3point line with bosh.  as for guarding pippen, theyd just throw the combo of birdman, haslem, and battier at him.  james would do at worst a decent job of limiting jordan.

lebrons a great player, and if he had anyone who could knock down open jumpers he'd have another ring.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LeBron's Legacy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools