Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Gun Control Thread. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 40

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#240 : June 19, 2013, 02:38:31 PM

Best way to treat mental health is to shoot the crazy bastards.

simple, effective solution . . good idea!

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#241 : June 19, 2013, 03:34:51 PM

Oh, and I'm here at my own leisure, jackwagon. I'll answer when I damn well please.

Lol, enough "leisure" time to post a conservative op-Ed piece:

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1306074.0.html

but not enough lesuire time to respond to a few (inconvenient) questions.

There area few poeple here who fallback on the "I'll answer when I please"  . . . yep, there's a commonality to that response . . .you're educated though, so I am sure you know that.   ;)

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#242 : June 19, 2013, 03:45:24 PM

The Washington Post is frequently sited as having a liberal bias. But hey, maybe the DOJ skewed the statistics.

Lol. Try again, cheezmasta.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#243 : June 19, 2013, 03:47:25 PM

Why haven't you answered yet? Must be avoiding the question.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#244 : June 19, 2013, 04:12:48 PM

The Washington Post is frequently sited as having a liberal bias.

and because of that . . . they feature a CONSERVATIVE op-ed piece.  Maybe you missed this:

"Right Turn
Jennifer Rubin's take from a conservative perspective"

Von . . . if you think you are the first pro-gun person to post an op-ed piece, sorry to burst your bubble.  The DOJ stats say what they .  . but so does the DOJ Report . .  and even the actual Washington Post new article reporting on the DOJ Report.  You want to act as if the op-ed piece is the "truth" and the other two don't exist . .  have at it my friend . . . but dont expect me to play along . . 

now, enjoy your leisure time. .  . you know the time you had to find your op-ed piece, but not two simple questions . . .

1. Do you think there should be any effort to control access to guns for people with mental issues? If so, then could you answer my question?
2. Do you think that efforts to address mental health issues should be done to the exclusion of any measures to curtail acces to guns?

: June 19, 2013, 04:19:01 PM VinBucFan

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#245 : June 19, 2013, 04:26:10 PM

Maybe you missed the fact the statistics from the Department Of Justice are the same whether reported by the Washington Post or Donald **CENSORED**ing Duck.

Most intellectually dishonest poster this board has ever seen.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#246 : June 19, 2013, 04:31:43 PM

Maybe you missed the fact the statistics from the Department Of Justice are the same whether reported by the Washington Post or Donald **CENSORED**ing Duck.

Most intellectually dishonest poster this board has ever seen.

OMG . . . says the guy who skipped the actual article and went to an op-ed piece that INTENTIONALLY OMMITTED THIS:

"Yet the document also made clear that when people are killed, it is still most likely to be with a gun. In 2011, as in the past two decades, about 70 percent of all homicides were committed with a firearm, and the majority of those firearms were handguns."

Von . .  are you from another planet? You are the one who chose the op-ed piece, not me?  You are the one who asked me to answer your question, which I did, while still refusing to answer mine?

And you're caling calling me dishonest?  Geez . .

oh boy . .  ???

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#247 : June 19, 2013, 04:44:09 PM

The information you claim was omitted is in the first paragraph...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#248 : June 19, 2013, 04:51:58 PM

lolz

Meltdown Mode

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#249 : June 19, 2013, 04:54:42 PM

Huh? This is in the first paragraph of your op-ed piece?

""Yet the document also made clear that when people are killed, it is still most likely to be with a gun. In 2011, as in the past two decades, about 70 percent of all homicides were committed with a firearm, and the majority of those firearms were handguns."

This is the actual first paragraph of the op-ed piece:

If they needed more facts as to why the anti-gun crusade is misplaced, Second Amendment defenders got a whole batch, from the Obama Justice Department.

and this is the first part of the Post article that the op-ed author included in the excerpt:

"Gun violence has dropped dramatically nationwide over the past two decades, but nearly three-quarters of all homicides are still committed with a firearm, the Justice Department said in a report released Tuesday"

I guess you are explaining the omission by saying that there is a bland reference to ONE fact, not the same thing with all due respect, there are alos other omissions, but at this point whatever .  ..  I know, I know . . . I am dumb, uneducated etc.

???

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#250 : June 19, 2013, 04:55:58 PM

lolz

Meltdown Mode

and yet here you are again . . . posting about me     man, if you think I comment on your stalking me to feel important . . . . wow . . .  you are beyond getting a grip ... you might be in lobotomy land.   

Let me prove my point to you and Biggsy by letting you guys step all over yourselves as I know you will.  Here's the challenge:

Between the three of us, let's see who is the first from this point forward to post ABOUT THE OTHER POSTER, not the substance of the discussion, but the person making the comment. Between you, me and Biggsy, let's see who is the very next poster, after I post this comment,  to post a comment referencing the other poster instead of the substance.  That shouldn't be a problem right . . . because you're not stalking me . . . right?  I look forward to both of you proving me wrong. 

lol -- 7:04 pm . . . .  tick, tock . . . tick. . . .tock

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#251 : June 19, 2013, 05:00:03 PM

I'm going home as soon as I finish this Tertiary Report. You keep clutching at straws,  cheezmasta.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#252 : June 19, 2013, 05:04:09 PM

I'm going home as soon as I finish this Tertiary Report. You keep clutching at straws,  cheezmasta.

"dumb" "dishonest" "uneducated" "cheezmasta" . . . . . yet two questions remain . . .lol

good luck with the report

jbear

Pro Bowler

#253 : June 19, 2013, 05:09:08 PM

The Washington Post is frequently sited as having a liberal bias. But hey, maybe the DOJ skewed the statistics.

Lol. Try again, cheezmasta.

Says the guy who's user name is Von Mises.

Breaking News:  You say a lot of **CENSORED** I thought you'd say.  stereotypes affirmed :-*

jbear

Pro Bowler

#254 : June 19, 2013, 05:17:12 PM

I can answer your question quite easily, Vin. I just wanted you to first admit that you hadn't even bothered to educate yourself on the subject you're trying to lecture us on.

The difference in our views on mental illness is that you want to approach the problem with an eye towards controlling them, where I see the solution as making help available to those who need it. In order to control them, a means must be instituted to identify them. If you make help available to those who need it, they can identify themselves. No legions of government employees required to tell everyone what they can or cannot do, much as some might wish for the opportunity of such employment.

I agree and elegantly put. I would have gotten too wordy and messed it up.  To someone who believes in certain principles complicated questions can have simple answers and once again... Pretty much what I thought you'd say. 
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 40
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Gun Control Thread. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools