Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Gun Control Thread. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#555 : June 29, 2013, 09:14:14 PM

Don't have a problem with background checks myself......Just that most of us know what that leads to.

Most of the people here have had little problem with some adjustments to the background checks, it's the repeated mischaracterization by a desperate individual who gets off on being here 24/7 and arguing with other posters.

sorry for stalking you ......

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#556 : June 29, 2013, 09:21:41 PM

by a desperate individual who gets off on being here 24/7 and arguing with other posters.

Person A:  Hey, what do you do with your life?

Olaf:  uh . .  . I spend most of my time thinking about this guy on the oft-topic message board of a football board . .  . his comments make me so angry . .  that I decided to try to run him off by stalking him . . .

Person A: seriously?

:D

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#557 : June 29, 2013, 09:22:56 PM

oh ... btw ..... borrowing my "lol" line?  Really ..... 

surrender noted f-u-c-k face ........

lolz

yawn

hilarious thing is . . 

if we go back through this thread we'll see 100 posts by vincepb3(the same lame crap over and over again no less) to the 1 post (or less) of just about every other person who has posted in here yet vincepb3 will tell other posters they need to get a life

and

if we go back through this board we will find numerous psychotic melt downs some that include threats of physical violence against other posters from vincepb3, but vincepb3 will tell others they take this board too seriously

and

if we go back through this thread and any thread vincepb3 enters we will see consistent arguing, mudslinging, etc between vincepb3 and an assortment of other posters, but it is never vincepb3's fault

and

if you respond to vincepb3's nonsense (or ridiculous comments) you are posting off topic because you dream of him and are a stalker, but if vincepb3 responds well he is just responding and not stalking

lolz
: June 29, 2013, 09:26:03 PM olafberserker

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#558 : June 29, 2013, 09:29:15 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

by a desperate individual who gets off on being here 24/7 and arguing with other posters.

Olaf:  uh . .  . I spend most of my time thinking about this guy on the oft-topic message board of a football board . .  . his comments make me so angry . .  that I decided to try to run him off by stalking him . . .

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#559 : June 29, 2013, 09:30:41 PM

It ain't easy bein' cheesy, is it Counselor?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#560 : June 29, 2013, 09:32:13 PM

Every response further proves his hypocrisy and ignorance and he has no idea.   As you say .... oblivious

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#561 : June 29, 2013, 09:37:52 PM

Every response further proves his hypocrisy and ignorance and he has no idea.   As you say .... oblivious

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#562 : June 29, 2013, 09:41:58 PM

can't not respond..... vincepb3 posts about me again in .... 3...2...1......

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#563 : June 29, 2013, 09:46:37 PM

can't not respond..... vincepb3 posts about me again in .... 3...2...1......

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#564 : June 29, 2013, 09:46:59 PM

lol
: June 29, 2013, 09:48:39 PM VinBucFan

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#565 : July 01, 2013, 11:16:23 AM

Your last five posts have nothing to do with the subject of this thread, just the sort of thing you constantly accuse everyone else of doing.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#566 : July 03, 2013, 07:45:09 AM

Your last five posts have nothing to do with the subject of this thread, just the sort of thing you constantly accuse everyone else of doing.

Ridiculous comment by a guy banned from a football site.

As anyone can see, my last five posts are a RESPONSE to a stalker who intentionally interrupted the conversation to do what he does ....just like you ... Except not banned. :-)

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#567 : July 03, 2013, 08:56:57 AM

I see that by "ridiculous" you mean "undeniably true."

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#568 : July 03, 2013, 11:43:57 AM

Don't have a problem with background checks myself......Just that most of us know what that leads to.

I get the "slippery slope" argument.  I am actually a small less intrusive government person myself.  It's just that gun laws are so absurd now.  Tons of laws on the books that create an illusion that politicians care, but really they are just terrified of losing their jobs

EGG-XACTLY

You nailed it. There are tons of laws on the books that DON'T WORK.

But you have been arguing for 38 pages that we need "more laws" ??????????

This is the same logic used by our PotUS, bad economy- throw a trillion dollars at it in a stimulus bill. Oh that didn't work, well we didn't use enough money then.

You keep saying "there are too many guns". But the total number of guns is irrelevant. What is relevant is the number of wrong people getting guns. There are 300,000,000 odd guns in the US. There were 11,000 gun related homicides in 2011 so 0.036% of the guns are getting to the wrong people. That means that 99.963% of those 300,000,000 guns are not a problem. Even if you reduced the number of guns by 10x and there were only 30 million guns, those same "wrong people" would still find a way to get them. So it is not the "number of guns" it is the number of "wrong people" that needs addressing. And since MOST of those "wrong people" have prior criminal records, it isn't that hard to identify them.

We don't need "more laws". What we really need to do is repeal about 90% of the laws and replace them with just a few well written ones and then enforce them.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#569 : July 03, 2013, 11:59:49 AM

Illegal Gun users often start their life as LEGAL GUNS babies . . .  thus . . .the more legal guns babies the more chance they become illegal gun users . . . and the more chance that  legal guns babies cause other harm and death  . .  . accidents, suicides etc.

I did not change the logical structure of your post, but merely switched 2 nouns. If it now seems absurd and illogical, it is because of the original unchanged structure of your argument.

a baby = a gun?  .. .  everyone stay away from the loaded baby!!

I didn't say baby = gun. Learn to read.

What I posted is a common logic exercise to test the validity of the structure of an argument. If the structure is sound, then exchanging 1 term (gun) for another (baby) will still make sense. If it doesn't then the structure is illogical.

That you didn't get that is not at all surprising.

playing along . .  . we take many steps in society to try and keep "LEGAL babies" from becoming "illegal gun users."  Why? Because there is a real societal cost to "illegal gun users" and having a person become a "illegal gun user" is in some measure preventable, even if not ABSOLUTELY so.

applying "gun logic" we should do nothing to prevent "legal babies" from becoming "illegal gun users" because there will always be "illegal gun users" . . .

Who here has used your so-called "gun logic"? You are the only here that repeatedly takes an argument and extends it to the absurd. Who here has said " we should do nothing"???

Page: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Gun Control Thread. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools