Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Allen vs Dominik. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

: June 11, 2013, 01:44:50 AM

Can you guys give me the final 53 starting roster of the Allen period, and follow it with the current 53 roster of the Dominik period. I'm not aware of the websites where I can get the information, and I want to compare the GM's ability to build a roster. Solid input would be appreciated. Thanks

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 11, 2013, 02:06:07 AM

You might find that here...http://www.bucpower.com/roster13.html

Bucpower.com

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 11, 2013, 02:10:19 AM

If you really cannot tell which GM is better at building a roster, I would think that you are blind.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#3 : June 11, 2013, 02:15:00 AM

I want to paint it out for the Dominik bashers. This roster is so much better than the Allen era, but posters still demand more action. How many 100's of millions of dollars need to be spent, plus great draft picks like Freeman, McCoy, Williams, Clayborn, Bowers, Barron, Martin, and David.

creamsicles

Starter
#4 : June 11, 2013, 02:35:40 AM

I want to paint it out for the Dominik bashers. This roster is so much better than the Allen era, but posters still demand more action. How many 100's of millions of dollars need to be spent, plus great draft picks like Freeman, McCoy, Williams, Clayborn, Bowers, Barron, Martin, and David.

don't soil yourself with your Dom love... I'm optimistic on this season but to say anyone on that list was a great pick besides williams, martin, and david is quite misguided.  There's still time, but most of the guys you list haven't played up to the expected value of their draft slot.  i'm thrilled to see mccoy perform last year, but he was the #3 overall pick and couldn't stay on the field the first couple of years... he's supposed to be excellent every year as the #3 overall!  All the other guys have shown more potential than consistent performance.

as we all know, dom's legacy rests on freeman's shoulders this year... most of the other pieces appear to be adequate or better.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#5 : June 11, 2013, 03:21:35 AM

Creamsicles, I have a question for you, name me 5 GM's that have added more talent the last 3 years than Dominik has. Sure, Dominik isn't the greatest, but he has been a miracle worker in making this roster transform from a bunch of scrubs, to a legit playoff contender.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : June 11, 2013, 03:57:15 AM

Hate to tell you this, but about 20 teams in the league are "legit playoff contenders."  The idea isn't to brag at the idea of our team going further, but actually leading it there. 0-for-4. We all hope it isn't 0-for-5.

In Verner We Trust

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#7 : June 11, 2013, 04:53:53 AM

Hate to tell you this, but about 20 teams in the league are "legit playoff contenders."  The idea isn't to brag at the idea of our team going further, but actually leading it there. 0-for-4. We all hope it isn't 0-for-5.

Hate to tell you this, but we were pretty much the Cleveland Browns or Oakland Raiders when Dominik was given this job. Our team was awful throughout, our playoff game with Gruden came with luck and Jeff Garcia playing lights out. That roster was awful, and how many guys on that roster are still in the NFL? 2?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 11, 2013, 05:09:17 AM

How many players are still left in the NFL is an irrelevant argument. You're talking five years ago. A lot of players who were good five years ago are long gone. As for the Cleveland Browns or Raiders, we made the playoffs in 2007 and before that in 2005. If that was awful, what is not making it for four years? That's more than enough time to turn around a team. Besides, we all agreed Allen should be fired by then. At what point do you stop resorting to excuses?

In Verner We Trust

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 11, 2013, 05:49:02 AM

Hate to tell you this, but we were pretty much the Cleveland Browns or Oakland Raiders when Dominik was given this job. Our team was awful throughout, our playoff game with Gruden came with luck and Jeff Garcia playing lights out. That roster was awful, and how many guys on that roster are still in the NFL? 2?

+1

It had absolutely nothing to do with having the #2 defense.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 11, 2013, 06:07:54 AM

Can you guys give me the final 53 starting roster of the Allen period, and follow it with the current 53 roster of the Dominik period. I'm not aware of the websites where I can get the information, and I want to compare the GM's ability to build a roster. Solid input would be appreciated. Thanks
was Allen allowed to spend around $300 mil signing vets from other teams his last two years?  Take off Revis, Goldson, Nicks, Jackson, and Wright and how many games would this current team win?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#11 : June 11, 2013, 06:41:53 AM

In 4 drafts, cant evaluate this year's to any degree,  Dom has drafted by my count 4 good players and 4 question marks.  That's with having a lot of high picks.  Might be better than the guy before him that got fired but he isn't no rock star just yet.  He needs a few of those question marks to pan out.  Most importantly, josh freeman. 
: June 11, 2013, 06:57:27 AM Skull and Bones

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 11, 2013, 07:52:25 AM

We had a an arena league roster when Dom took over in 2009. Dom is far from perfect, and has made many mistakes over the past 4+ years, but the difference between Allen's last 53 and our current group of guys is night and day.

Draft Aaron Donald

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#13 : June 11, 2013, 08:02:04 AM

Agreed  Jdouble

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 11, 2013, 08:08:55 AM

We had a an arena league roster when Dom took over in 2009. Dom is far from perfect, and has made many mistakes over the past 4+ years, but the difference between Allen's last 53 and our current group of guys is night and day.

Allen inherited an aging roster that was missing 4 premium picks in the 2002-2004 drafts with practically no cap room. He squeezed two division championships out and almost a third while completely fixing the cap problem in the process.

Dominik inherited a great cap situation and full load of draft picks. He had full freedom to build the roster in his image. He targeted Albert Haynesworth, trading picks for Winslow, signed Ward, took Price #35 overall, traded up for Benn in the 2nd, re-signed Ryan Sims, Clayton, Trueblood and Black and is 16 games under .500.

Signing/trading for All-Pros doesn't make you good at your job.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Allen vs Dominik. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools