Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Allen vs Dominik. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#30 : June 11, 2013, 09:17:32 AM

Allen v Gruden thread #3,417,539

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 11, 2013, 09:20:09 AM

Vin complaint about posting/thread he doesn't like #3,417,539....

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 11, 2013, 09:20:34 AM

Doms team is lightyears ahead of Allen and Grudens, even without  Revis, Goldson, Nicks and Jackson, who combined for 24 games so far.
Again, where is the winning?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 11, 2013, 09:20:53 AM

I think that would actually be a first, 'tho...

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#34 : June 11, 2013, 09:21:32 AM

keep up please, this was #3,417,540

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#35 : June 11, 2013, 09:23:09 AM

Doms team is lightyears ahead of Allen and Grudens, even without  Revis, Goldson, Nicks and Jackson, who combined for 24 games so far.

we should ask Morris that . . .  because Morris was really equal to Gruden

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 11, 2013, 09:37:04 AM

I have burned through about 456 hand counters in order to keep up...

The number was accurate at the time of posting...you have since added 14 to the overall count.

...don't like my count?...file a complaint. ;)

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 11, 2013, 09:37:44 AM

I have burned through about 456 hand counters in order to keep up...

The number was accurate at the time of posting...you have since added 14 to the overall count.

...don't like my count?...file a complaint. ;)

LMAO

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#38 : June 11, 2013, 09:41:58 AM

If you want to quote me, quote the whole paragraph, which then will answer your question.

Doms team is lightyears ahead of Allen and Grudens, even without  Revis, Goldson, Nicks and Jackson, who combined for 24 games so far. The better our team gets we have to ask ourself if we have HC able to get the most out of though, if you wanna talk wins(Schiano-Gruden/Kiffin).

Gruden/Allens record in 03-08: 45 out of 96.And you wanna talk wins?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 11, 2013, 09:45:20 AM

So how long does Dominik get if he can't find a coach to get the most out of all the talent he's assembled?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#40 : June 11, 2013, 10:00:35 AM

So how long does Dominik get if he can't find a coach to get the most out of all the talent he's assembled?

Aslong its the Glazers who hire guys like Morris, and when we are talking about roster quality compared to those of Allen/Gruden, in this particular thread, Dom gets credited by me.

If you name me a better GM available to us right now, Dom should be replaced by, despite all this assembled talent.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 11, 2013, 10:11:05 AM

If you name me a better GM available to us right now, Dom should be replaced by, despite all this assembled talent.
Dumb question because no one has ever heard of GM candidates before they become GM's, just like no one ever heard of Mark Dominik before he became GM. I could tell you Bob Smith from such-and-such team is going to be the next Ozzie Newsome and no one could say I was right or wrong. There's no college tape or Combine for GM's. You don't know what any of them can do until they do it.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 11, 2013, 10:31:13 AM

Dumb question because no one has ever heard of GM candidates before they become GM's, just like no one ever heard of Mark Dominik before he became GM. I could tell you Bob Smith from such-and-such team is going to be the next Ozzie Newsome and no one could say I was right or wrong. There's no college tape or Combine for GM's. You don't know what any of them can do until they do it.

'Better' is relative of course. As we also do not know if QB XYZ will be really 'better' than Freeman, but if the people in charge really think he will be,  they will make the move, only proven wrong or right after.
Only talking about how bad/good someone is, without any comparision to available options is pointless. What should have been done is different to what could be done in future.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 11, 2013, 10:41:25 AM

Only talking about how bad/good someone is, without any comparision to available options is pointless.
I disagree. I believe many decisions are made by an imaginary idea of what 'NFL average' is and executives, coaches, and players are let go if they're deemed to be below average whether an immediate replacement is available because it's assumed 'NFL average' can be obtained relatively easily at any time. Mark Dominik is not going to only get fired whenever the Glazers think they have someone in hand who can do better; he'll get fired when the Glazers think he's dipped too far below NFL average. Just like Freeman won't be let go only when they have a better replacement; he'll be let go when it's determined he's too average or below and it's time to see if someone else can be better than that.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#44 : June 11, 2013, 10:51:28 AM

Only talking about how bad/good someone is, without any comparision to available options is pointless.
I disagree. I believe many decisions are made by an imaginary idea of what 'NFL average' is and executives, coaches, and players are let go if they're deemed to be below average whether an immediate replacement is available because it's assumed 'NFL average' can be obtained relatively easily at any time. Mark Dominik is not going to only get fired whenever the Glazers think they have someone in hand who can do better; he'll get fired when the Glazers think he's dipped too far below NFL average. Just like Freeman won't be let go only when they have a better replacement; he'll be let go when it's determined he's too average or below and it's time to see if someone else can be better than that.

I agree with your observation and specualtion how things will work out in near future, but this does not mean i consider 'em as the right decision (process), and do not 'agree' to HOW things will be worked out.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Allen vs Dominik. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools