Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let Me Fund That For You « previous next »
Page: 1

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« : July 11, 2013, 04:18:53 PM »

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced today that it has obtained documents in response to local, state, and federal records requests revealing that a little-known unit of the Department of Justice (DOJ), the Community Relations Service (CRS), was deployed to Sanford, FL, following the Trayvon Martin shooting to help organize and manage rallies and protests against George Zimmerman.

http://www.judicialwatch.org./press-room/press-releases/documents-obtained-by-judicial-watch-detail-role-of-justice-department-in-organizing-trayvon-martin-protests/

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #1 : July 11, 2013, 07:00:00 PM »

When I first heard about this I only caught some of the report and I am curious to find out exactly what the employees of the DOJ were actually doing - first blush doesn't give enough detail, and I hesitate to think even Holder to be dumb enough to have sent members of his staff down as organizers for demonstration.  The 'to work' and other descriptions need to be spelled out and confirmed, as if it is active involvement in organizing demonstrations Holder will have to be dismissed.  Not that that would be bad...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #2 : July 11, 2013, 07:23:34 PM »

What the hell is going on in this country? 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #3 : July 11, 2013, 10:59:04 PM »

that's a great question

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

gone

Hall of Famer
« #4 : July 12, 2013, 01:25:05 AM »

I used to frequent "The Amazing Randi"s skeptic site (before they became yet another self-congratulating left-wingnutters only club) and there was a guy there posting under "Tom Bailey" that didn't believe we had different parties, just one group he called the "Demopublicans".  I used to laugh at that.  Stopped laughing a long time ago. 

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« #5 : July 12, 2013, 01:53:20 AM »

Yeah, it ain't so funny anymore.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #6 : July 12, 2013, 11:18:28 AM »

This is the allegation from the guy at Judicial Watch:

"“These documents detail the extraordinary intervention by the Justice Department in the pressure campaign leading to the prosecution of George Zimmerman,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “My guess is that most Americans would rightly object to taxpayers paying government employees to help organize racially-charged demonstrations.”

The key words are "help organize." (in bold).  If that is true its VERY DISTURBING and should be thoroughly investigated because it is outrageous beyond belief.

That said, if you look at the actual documents referenced in the article and recognize first that there are less than 10 documents from thousands, they don't seem to support that claim. For example, five documents are expense reimbursement requests?  Do you carefully word your expense reimbursement requests?  Probably not, but even then one says this" “to provide technical assistance to the City of Sanford, event organizers, and law enforcement agencies for the march and rally on March 31.” "technical assistance to the City" does not equal "help organize," right?  It seems more like "help organize . . . the City's response to demonstrations," doesnt it?

There's more if you take the time to analyze it. 

Again, the actual allegation made by Judicial Watch is shocking and outrageous, I am just not sure the evidence presented actually backs up the claim. Judicial Watch even describes the CRS in a manner that makes it sound like some secretive organization.  Not sure that is true.This is from a simple Google search:

"The Community Relations Service is the Department's "peacemaker" for community conflicts and tensions arising from differences of race, color, and national origin. Created by the Civil Rights Act of 1964, CRS is the only Federal agency dedicated to assist State and local units of government, private and public organizations, and community groups with preventing and resolving racial and ethnic tensions, incidents, and civil disorders, and in restoring racial stability and harmony.

With passage of the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act, CRS also works with communities to employ strategies to prevent and respond to alleged violent hate crimes committed on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or disability. CRS facilitates the development of viable, mutual understandings and agreements as alternatives to coercion, violence, or litigation. It also assists communities in developing local mechanisms, conducting training, and other proactive measures to prevent racial/ethnic tension and violent hate crimes committed on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, or disability.  CRS does not take sides among disputing parties and, in promoting the principles and ideals of non-discrimination, applies skills that allow parties to come to their own agreement. In performing this mission, CRS deploys highly skilled professional conciliators, who are able to assist people of diverse backgrounds."

THE ALLEGATION IS SHOCKING AND OUTRAGEOUS . .  . but do the facts back up the allegation? Just something to consider. The allegation may be true, but the evidence sure is thin.

Btw, I have created two threads calling for Holder's dismissal
« : July 12, 2013, 11:22:12 AM VinBucFan »

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

gone

Hall of Famer
« #7 : July 12, 2013, 04:43:22 PM »

"“These documents detail the extraordinary intervention by the Justice Department in the pressure campaign leading to the prosecution of George Zimmerman,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “My guess is that most Americans would rightly object to taxpayers paying government employees to help organize racially-charged demonstrations.”

The key words are "help organize." (in bold).  If that is true its VERY DISTURBING and should be thoroughly investigated because it is outrageous beyond belief.

That said, if you look at the actual documents referenced in the article and recognize first that there are less than 10 documents from thousands, they don't seem to support that claim. For example, five documents are expense reimbursement requests?  Do you carefully word your expense reimbursement requests?  Probably not, but even then one says this" “to provide technical assistance to the City of Sanford, event organizers, and law enforcement agencies for the march and rally on March 31.” "technical assistance to the City" does not equal "help organize," right?  It seems more like "help organize . . . the City's response to demonstrations," doesnt it?

Again, the actual allegation made by Judicial Watch is shocking and outrageous, I am just not sure the evidence presented actually backs up the claim. Judicial Watch even describes the CRS in a manner that makes it sound like some secretive organization.  Not sure that is true.This is from a simple Google search:

"The Community Relations Service is the Department's "peacemaker" for community conflicts and tensions arising from differences of race, color, and national origin. Created by the Civil Rights Act of 1964, CRS is the only Federal agency dedicated to assist State and local units of government, private and public organizations, and community groups with preventing and resolving racial and ethnic tensions, incidents, and civil disorders, and in restoring racial stability and harmony.

With passage of the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act, CRS also works with communities to employ strategies to prevent and respond to alleged violent hate crimes committed on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or disability. CRS facilitates the development of viable, mutual understandings and agreements as alternatives to coercion, violence, or litigation. It also assists communities in developing local mechanisms, conducting training, and other proactive measures to prevent racial/ethnic tension and violent hate crimes committed on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, or disability.  CRS does not take sides among disputing parties and, in promoting the principles and ideals of non-discrimination, applies skills that allow parties to come to their own agreement. In performing this mission, CRS deploys highly skilled professional conciliators, who are able to assist people of diverse backgrounds."

THE ALLEGATION IS SHOCKING AND OUTRAGEOUS . .  . but do the facts back up the allegation? Just something to consider. The allegation may be true, but the evidence sure is thin.

You are really determined to miss the forest for the trees, aren't you?

gone

Hall of Famer
« #8 : July 12, 2013, 04:46:57 PM »

there's a video at the link that might help explain it:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/07/obama-supporters-support-repealing-the-bill-of-rights.php

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #9 : July 12, 2013, 04:53:54 PM »

You are really determined to miss the forest for the trees, aren't you?

yeah, that's why I have posted two threads calling for Holders ouster and another that says the President's Men have a problem with the truth?  ???

If you read the article carefully, its an allegation with very thin actual evidence, somebody taking a handful of documents from thousands and making a claim. I am not saying it isnt true, just saying that its written to people who are accepting of the narrative with less scrutiny, the article does not stand up to much scrutiny.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

« #10 : July 12, 2013, 04:58:06 PM »

there's a video at the link that might help explain it:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/07/obama-supporters-support-repealing-the-bill-of-rights.php

I have a queasy feeling in my stomach and it doesn't have anything to do w/ the chili I ate for lunch.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

« #11 : July 12, 2013, 10:25:18 PM »

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced today that it has obtained documents in response to local, state, and federal records requests revealing that a little-known unit of the Department of Justice (DOJ), the Community Relations Service (CRS), was deployed to Sanford, FL, following the Trayvon Martin shooting to help organize and manage rallies and protests against George Zimmerman.

http://www.judicialwatch.org./press-room/press-releases/documents-obtained-by-judicial-watch-detail-role-of-justice-department-in-organizing-trayvon-martin-protests/
I was very upset to see this...I am so disappointed in seeing this...I have always said that that only people who want to keep this country divided want to promote divide and conquer mentality...OBD

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #12 : July 13, 2013, 06:09:24 AM »

The media and the political structure have fully embraced this divide and conquer/ us vs . them mentality.  What is the end game of all this?

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #13 : July 13, 2013, 10:37:25 AM »

The media and the political structure have fully embraced this divide and conquer/ us vs . them mentality.  What is the end game of all this?

As long as you can keep such conflicts festering those in the White house are guaranteeing their positions for the future.. In some ways those that are involved in military decisions do the same thing.

The common denominator?  All on the taxpayers dime...  Keeps the new ruling class of America very rich.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

« #14 : July 13, 2013, 07:38:22 PM »

As long as you can keep such conflicts festering those in the White house are guaranteeing their positions for the future.. In some ways those that are involved in military decisions do the same thing.

The common denominator?  All on the taxpayers dime...  Keeps the new ruling class of America very rich.
Which is why this country is seeking the best possible neutral but balanced politician in the USA....When I say country I mean "We the People"...OBD

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let Me Fund That For You « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools