Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs Secret Superstar « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #30 : June 13, 2013, 10:24:00 PM »

Very true. Unspectacular guys like Stroughter and Parker didn't put up huge numbers, but they made a lot of clutch catches to convert 3rd and 4th downs.
lets be honest, neither guy made a lot of clutch catches.  and neither guy had any meaningful impact.

Lol. Sometimes I think you don't actually watch our games GT.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #31 : June 13, 2013, 10:30:00 PM »

Dude. Tamme and Dressen are every bit as good as Stocker and Crabtree. So if you think they suck....well ok.

Virgil Green and Julius Thomas were drafted in 2011 and they haven't done much yet....but they are both very exciting prospects. Look em up. I'd love it if we had an unproven young TE with half the potential of either of those guys.
wait - i do think tamme and dressen are probably every bit as good as stocker and crabtree...they just look better because they have manning.  if we had a QB who could scan the field our fans would think stocker and crabtree were very adequate weapons.

why are green and thomas still exciting prospects who are young and unproven...yet stocker isnt?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

youngone

Hall of Famer

« #32 : June 13, 2013, 10:30:15 PM »

Very true. Unspectacular guys like Stroughter and Parker didn't put up huge numbers, but they made a lot of clutch catches to convert 3rd and 4th downs.
lets be honest, neither guy made a lot of clutch catches.  and neither guy had any meaningful impact.

Lol. Sometimes I think you don't actually watch our games GT.

Who could forget that clutch 4th down catch Stroughter made in that falcon game between 2 guys sliding on his back? Or that TD catch that won us the game against GB in what i think was Freeman's first start.

And Parker was pretty much a 3rd down conversion every time he caught the ball.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #33 : June 13, 2013, 10:35:17 PM »

Who could forget that clutch 4th down catch Stroughter made in that falcon game between 2 guys sliding on his back? Or that TD catch that won us the game against GB in what i think was Freeman's first start.
And Parker was pretty much a 3rd down conversion every time he caught the ball.
and that is stroughters lone TD catch.  4 years ago.

and parker ran 5 yard ins...while we were getting throttled by 30 points.  our 3rd down conversion rate is no different with out without them.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #34 : June 13, 2013, 10:38:22 PM »

Dude. Tamme and Dressen are every bit as good as Stocker and Crabtree. So if you think they suck....well ok.

Virgil Green and Julius Thomas were drafted in 2011 and they haven't done much yet....but they are both very exciting prospects. Look em up. I'd love it if we had an unproven young TE with half the potential of either of those guys.
wait - i do think tamme and dressen are probably every bit as good as stocker and crabtree...they just look better because they have manning.  if we had a QB who could scan the field our fans would think stocker and crabtree were very adequate weapons.

why are green and thomas still exciting prospects who are young and unproven...yet stocker isnt?

I'm not gonna argue TEs man. You completely ignored the post and the point of the post and focused on TEs. The POINT was that the Broncos have a top WR duo and still brought in Welker for the slot. They didn't stand pat with an aging McGahee or their former 1st round RB that hasn't stayed healthy. They spent a 2nd round pick on an all purpose back. They didn't say "nah. we don't need anymore weapons" or "we can't have studs at every position" They just got better. Period.

Doesn't matter who's right about the TEs.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #35 : June 13, 2013, 10:41:02 PM »

Wasn't Parker the #1 3rd down receiver in the league in 2011?

Oh well. He's a Saint now. Guess we'll see if we are better off with Ogletree and Underwood.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #36 : June 13, 2013, 10:46:04 PM »

I'm not gonna argue TEs man. You completely ignored the post and the point of the post and focused on TEs. The POINT was that the Broncos have a top WR duo and still brought in Welker for the slot. They didn't stand pat with an aging McGahee or their former 1st round RB that hasn't stayed healthy. They spent a 2nd round pick on an all purpose back. They didn't say "nah. we don't need anymore weapons" or "we can't have studs at every position" They just got better. Period.

Doesn't matter who's right about the TEs.
no, you are right.  the broncos did continue to add.  im not sure they will be better but they did add more pieces.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #37 : June 14, 2013, 10:53:33 PM »

Wasn't Parker the #1 3rd down receiver in the league in 2011?

Oh well. He's a Saint now. Guess we'll see if we are better off with Ogletree and Underwood.

Spurlock is still floating around out there somewhere.  I saw he a visit last week somewhere.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Holy Facepalm

Starter
« #38 : June 15, 2013, 09:57:13 AM »

Looks like his dad should be our backup RB...

“There is going to be a Buccaneer way and they’re going to be Buccaneer men.’’
“There are 1,440 minutes in a day. What you make of them, that’s going to determine our success.’’
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs Secret Superstar « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools