Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2010 Season.... Possibly the worst season this franchise has ever had. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

vicious00cycle

Starter
: June 13, 2013, 05:41:24 PM

In reading all the topics on this board, it seems that 2010 has left the worst possible scars on this franchise moving forward. From Dominik, to Freeman, to Rah.... That one season seems to be the splitting difference in a vast majority of the opinions of fans. 10-6, no playoffs, but it left a glimmer of hope for a lot of characters moving forward. A glimmer that has since all but disappeared...  The epic 10 game collapse the following season doesn't seem to compare. Had Tampa not clearly overachieved against 9 teams with losing records and the Saints JV squad in week 17. Perhaps if they had finished 7-9 or 8-8,  fans everywhere, (including myself), wouldn't be at odds so much over "Production vs. Potential" with this team, on and off the field. Seems that since that dreaded season, every person is pointing to flashes of "potential" from the front office down, or the long term "production", good or bad, of key figures within the organization. The 2013-'14 season is going to be one helluva season that will finally decide the fates of a couple key figures and possibly show which way the arrow is truly pointing for the Pewter and Red. Looking back, I can honestly say that 2010 was my least favorite season because of the long-term ramifications it seems to have come with, though it was an exciting ride at the time. Thoughts?

\\\\\\\"He doesn\\\\\\\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\\\\\\\"

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 13, 2013, 05:48:08 PM

"Had Tampa not clearly overachieved against 9 teams with losing records and the Saints JV squad in week 17."

Ironically, the people reasonable enough to see it at the time took abuse for it; called trolls, never happy, etc.

vicious00cycle

Starter
#2 : June 13, 2013, 05:55:15 PM

I was caught up in the moment, like many others. I never called anybody a "troll" or "hater" for disagreeing though lol.

\\\\\\\"He doesn\\\\\\\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\\\\\\\"

youngone

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 13, 2013, 05:57:51 PM

I know I was caught up in the moment but that season filled me up with false hope... With that said I loved every minute of that season.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#4 : June 13, 2013, 05:58:30 PM

2010 was the best season in recent memory. Very entertaining. Very exciting.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 13, 2013, 06:05:50 PM

The first row is the average age of the Bucs since 2005.  The second row is the age of the Super Bowl winners.  Bucs had an average age of 27.1 for our winning year in 2002.
The bolded ages are the lowest averages.

I know this is counter to a lot of opinion, but experience counts.

Dominik specialized in acquiring talented players who were bad fits for his coaches. - FootballOutsiders

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 13, 2013, 06:12:00 PM

I know I was caught up in the moment but that season filled me up with false hope... With that said I loved every minute of that season.

+1.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 13, 2013, 06:22:47 PM

2010 was beautiful. Mike Williams exploded onto the scene as a 4th rounder. Josh Freeman played very good. Blount took over for Cadillac and got 1000 yards. Spurlock was a very good 3rd WR.

We started 10 rookies and won 10 games. Could be the best ever coaching performance in franchise history other than the SB year. We won almost every game we should have and got creamed a few times by PIT and NO.

We clearly couldn't hang with the great teams but we were consistent. Only the Lions game at the end of the year did we lose a game we really should have won . We got hosed on that one.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 13, 2013, 06:32:57 PM

I also remember that season as the season I realized our OC had to go. Too bad Raheem couldn't hire Sullivan back then. If he had a decent play caller 2011 would not have been as bad. After all those years of watching Gruden offense I could tell what play was coming on about 90% of the plays.

Obviously the opposition was watching film as well. We had zero chance for success that year with Blount and Graham injured. That season showed how Freeman needs a run game to succeed. And how terrible he was without one. 2011 confirmed what a lot of us thought about ABenn being a bust even though he showed flashes of brilliance. GMAC was injured. No good LB'S. Not many coaches could have saved that season.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 13, 2013, 06:47:19 PM

2010 was beautiful. Mike Williams exploded onto the scene as a 4th rounder. Josh Freeman played very good. Blount took over for Cadillac and got 1000 yards. Spurlock was a very good 3rd WR.

We started 10 rookies and won 10 games. Could be the best ever coaching performance in franchise history other than the SB year. We won almost every game we should have and got creamed a few times by PIT and NO.

We clearly couldn't hang with the great teams but we were consistent. Only the Lions game at the end of the year did we lose a game we really should have won . We got hosed on that one.

To the bold...

So I just checked...and both NFL.com and ESPN.com have that game as an L.

That play occurred with around 9 minutes to go in the 4th on a 3rd down and goal. The Bucs had not only another shot to score a TD, but the following FG allowed them to tie the game at 17. Then the Bucs got the ball again 5-6 plays later and once again couldn't push it in for a score, so they had to settle for a FG, giving them a 20-17 lead. The "refs stole that game" is such a lame excuse. The Bucs lost that game because Stanton and Megatron did pretty much what they wanted and the Bucs D couldn't tackle Maurice Morris when they needed to. The refs stole nothing. Bad calls happen. Good teams rise above them when given the opportunity, and the Bucs didn't.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 13, 2013, 06:52:42 PM

That was a fun season. Didnt end in playoffs like we all hoped it would but they were damn close. Anybody who didnt have fun that season was clearly just looking for anything negative to cling on to. This is the NFL its supposed to be fun! I say those dudes need to learn to relax and enjoy the one life we supposedly have.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 13, 2013, 06:56:19 PM

That was a fun season. Didnt end in playoffs like we all hoped it would but they were damn close. Anybody who didnt have fun that season was clearly just looking for anything negative to cling on to. This is the NFL its supposed to be fun! I say those dudes need to learn to relax and enjoy the one life we supposedly have.

They were out of it with 2 games left to play.

Dominik specialized in acquiring talented players who were bad fits for his coaches. - FootballOutsiders

youngone

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 13, 2013, 07:09:56 PM

Any other season, 10 wins is surely a playoff berth but it was a great one. I remember that Seattle game I think was week 16 and we knew we were out already but we beat the crap out of that team. We kicked San Fran to sleep that year too. I remember when Blount knocked one of their linebackers in to next week. The Cincinnati game when rookie Mike Williams straight up embarrassed Jonathan Joseph in the end zone, and Spurlock with that clutch catch coming to end of that game. Freeman made the Carolina defense look silly that season.

Man, that was great season to be a fan.

Give me another season just like that and I wouldn't complain.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#13 : June 13, 2013, 07:18:28 PM

With two games to play we had a magic number, pretty much the exact opposite of being out of it.

Anyway, we did not win anything significant, we missed out of the ultimate goal, how a worse record would have helped our chances in the following years or how 2010 lowered 'em, is pure speculation, although im still curious how we would have done against weak NFC PO teams that year, 'coz i think we were hot at the end of.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 13, 2013, 08:18:36 PM

With two games to play we had a magic number, pretty much the exact opposite of being out of it.

Anyway, we did not win anything significant, we missed out of the ultimate goal, how a worse record would have helped our chances in the following years or how 2010 lowered 'em, is pure speculation, although im still curious how we would have done against weak NFC PO teams that year, 'coz i think we were hot at the end of.

I don't know about any magic number, but I heard all about the hickory smoke in the parking lot of a BBQ place that was supposed to make you feel really good.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2010 Season.... Possibly the worst season this franchise has ever had. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools