Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2010 Season.... Possibly the worst season this franchise has ever had. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 14, 2013, 03:21:15 PM

That was a great season and the most exciting Bucs ball in years. I can't believe that any true fans didn't enjoy the hell out of it.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 14, 2013, 03:44:19 PM

That was a great season and the most exciting Bucs ball in years. I can't believe that any true fans didn't enjoy the hell out of it.

+1

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

vicious00cycle

Starter
#32 : June 14, 2013, 04:13:17 PM

All smoke and mirrors though sadly. 9 wins against losing teams, like 4 of 'em 4th QTR comebacks, an agonizingly close loss to Baltimore, week 17 saw us beat up the Saints JV squad in the second half.... The year that everything looked so bright. COY candidate in Rah, Dom looked like a draft guru, Free was easily a top 5 QB by that season's end, an undrafted running back was hurdling defenders on the way to a 1,000 yard season. Again, the season in itself was a wild ride. Had me believing that we were building a young nucleus of guys through the draft, guys that could finally replace the departed legends of Sapp, Brooks, Lynch.... Guys that a new generation of Bucs fans could call "their" guys. We had our franchise QB, a dude with a cool attitude that kept us alive late in the 4th QTR of games. Seemed that the Tampa's arrow was cemented in the "upwards" position. Two years later, look at us lol. And it's completely divided the fanbase. "Dom's a genius!" "Not he's not. Where are the wins?" "Freeman broke franchise records and almost led this team to the playoffs that one year.... LOCK HIM UP NOW!!!" "Freeman is too inconsistent to be the Franchise QB, he has one year left to prove himself or get booted outta town!" "Rah wasn't that bad, the Glazer's wouldn't let him spend money to bring in the talent he needed!" "Rah was a "players-coach, and didn't have the discipline needed to run a group of men. Good riddance!" Mike Williams has shown that he's not a true #1 receiver, Blount is gone, McCoy certainly hasn't lived up to his draft status, and several other project players have been shown the door. As I said, we go 8-8 that season and don't even sniff the playoffs the last month, similar to last year, maybe all the fans on this board can come together and agree on a few key things involving this franchise lol. The amount of Freeman/Dominik threads are disturbing, especially with it being the middle of the offseason lol.

\"He doesn\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\"

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 14, 2013, 04:30:29 PM

In reading all the topics on this board, it seems that 2010 has left the worst possible scars on this franchise moving forward. From Dominik, to Freeman, to Rah.... That one season seems to be the splitting difference in a vast majority of the opinions of fans. 10-6, no playoffs, but it left a glimmer of hope for a lot of characters moving forward. A glimmer that has since all but disappeared...  The epic 10 game collapse the following season doesn't seem to compare. Had Tampa not clearly overachieved against 9 teams with losing records and the Saints JV squad in week 17. Perhaps if they had finished 7-9 or 8-8,  fans everywhere, (including myself), wouldn't be at odds so much over "Production vs. Potential" with this team, on and off the field. Seems that since that dreaded season, every person is pointing to flashes of "potential" from the front office down, or the long term "production", good or bad, of key figures within the organization. The 2013-'14 season is going to be one helluva season that will finally decide the fates of a couple key figures and possibly show which way the arrow is truly pointing for the Pewter and Red. Looking back, I can honestly say that 2010 was my least favorite season because of the long-term ramifications it seems to have come with, though it was an exciting ride at the time. Thoughts?

Nice topic. Following the 2010 season, going 4-2 the next season skyrocketed fans expectations. I remember being one of few fans saying we can't continue winning by playing outstanding only in the last ten minutes of the game. Too many fans disagreed with that.

gone

Hall of Famer
#34 : June 14, 2013, 05:11:09 PM

In reading all the topics on this board, it seems that 2010 has left the worst possible scars on this franchise moving forward. From Dominik, to Freeman, to Rah.... That one season seems to be the splitting difference in a vast majority of the opinions of fans. 10-6, no playoffs, but it left a glimmer of hope for a lot of characters moving forward. A glimmer that has since all but disappeared...  The epic 10 game collapse the following season doesn't seem to compare. Had Tampa not clearly overachieved against 9 teams with losing records and the Saints JV squad in week 17. Perhaps if they had finished 7-9 or 8-8,  fans everywhere, (including myself), wouldn't be at odds so much over "Production vs. Potential" with this team, on and off the field. Seems that since that dreaded season, every person is pointing to flashes of "potential" from the front office down, or the long term "production", good or bad, of key figures within the organization. The 2013-'14 season is going to be one helluva season that will finally decide the fates of a couple key figures and possibly show which way the arrow is truly pointing for the Pewter and Red. Looking back, I can honestly say that 2010 was my least favorite season because of the long-term ramifications it seems to have come with, though it was an exciting ride at the time. Thoughts?

Nice topic. Following the 2010 season, going 4-2 the next season skyrocketed fans expectations. I remember being one of few fans saying we can't continue winning by playing outstanding only in the last ten minutes of the game. Too many fans disagreed with that.

Too many still do.

BucFanHudson32

Second String

#35 : June 14, 2013, 05:21:06 PM

Blunt was a Freak that year!!!! 

Watch him do it again for bellicheat this year,.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#36 : June 14, 2013, 08:10:02 PM

The 2010 season was like going into a cheap low budget film that you had extremely low expectations for and came out with one of the best experiences of your life and had to tell everyone about how good it was. I thought that there was going to be a damn Disney film based around Raheem Morris, Josh Freeman, Blount and Mike Williams after that year. That Josh Freeman was like if you combined Big Ben and Favre into one quarterback. That chubby afro'ed guy was special.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 14, 2013, 08:12:25 PM

"Remember the Buccaneers"

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#38 : June 14, 2013, 08:58:18 PM

2010 was beautiful. Mike Williams exploded onto the scene as a 4th rounder. Josh Freeman played very good. Blount took over for Cadillac and got 1000 yards. Spurlock was a very good 3rd WR.

We started 10 rookies and won 10 games. Could be the best ever coaching performance in franchise history other than the SB year. We won almost every game we should have and got creamed a few times by PIT and NO.

We clearly couldn't hang with the great teams but we were consistent. Only the Lions game at the end of the year did we lose a game we really should have won . We got hosed on that one.

To the bold...

So I just checked...and both NFL.com and ESPN.com have that game as an L.

That play occurred with around 9 minutes to go in the 4th on a 3rd down and goal. The Bucs had not only another shot to score a TD, but the following FG allowed them to tie the game at 17. Then the Bucs got the ball again 5-6 plays later and once again couldn't push it in for a score, so they had to settle for a FG, giving them a 20-17 lead. The "refs stole that game" is such a lame excuse. The Bucs lost that game because Stanton and Megatron did pretty much what they wanted and the Bucs D couldn't tackle Maurice Morris when they needed to. The refs stole nothing. Bad calls happen. Good teams rise above them when given the opportunity, and the Bucs didn't.

Wow dude, i guess you arent the reminiscing type. All those great memories, everything positive that i wrote about that year and you focus on that last line?

As if you are lecturing me or something. Lol. Relax bro. There was a bad call that may have made the difference in that game. Nobody is whining except you. Lol.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 15, 2013, 12:00:50 AM

I focus on it because it's a complete myth that people have been throwing around for 2.5 years. It's complete bullsh*t. That one play had no more to do with the outcome of the game than any other play from that game. If we got hosed on that game, then every other team in every other game in every other season got hosed....cause no officiating crew has a perfect game. Refs being imperfect is a part of the game. Teams that play well enough to rise above it, win....the one's who don't...well...don't. The Bucs didn't play enough to win. Period.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2010 Season.... Possibly the worst season this franchise has ever had. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools