Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Little Brother.......Big Brother......Grandpa « previous next »
Page: 1 2

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 16, 2013, 09:38:30 PM

That helped Rice get ready for the grind of an NFL career.

I also expect to see some of Jeff Demps on 3rd down plays...
I hope so but I'm not convinced Demps will play this year.

Smith has looked good in mini camp.  Even better than the much hyped James.

AJ, was James really "much hyped"?  I saw a bunch about his good character, but was he hyped for his playing ability?

Oddly enough, it was Schiano who was hyping him big time. Not the media.  Usually its the other way around.  Seems like a good kid, and he has a great story, but that doesn't get you anywhere on Sundays in the NFL.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#16 : June 16, 2013, 09:43:10 PM

AJ, was James really "much hyped"?  I saw a bunch about his good character, but was he hyped for his playing ability?

Oddly enough, it was Schiano who was hyping him big time. Not the media.  Usually its the other way around.  Seems like a good kid, and he has a great story, but that doesn't get you anywhere on Sundays in the NFL.

agree its definitely about what you do on the field. I must have missed the Schiano hype. Id love to see the kid succeed, but ultimately as long as someone steps up a bit, great.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 16, 2013, 10:16:51 PM

agree its definitely about what you do on the field. I must have missed the Schiano hype. Id love to see the kid succeed, but ultimately as long as someone steps up a bit, great.

I was wrong, it was Dom.....

Bucs GM Mark Dominik "repeatedly mentioned" No. 189 overall pick RB Mike James as having the "inside track" to the No. 2 job behind Doug Martin.

May 3 - 10:21 AM

Bucs GM Mark Dominik is comparing sixth-round pick Mike James to former longtime Buccaneer FB/RB Earnest Graham.

Source: Stephen Holder on Twitter

: June 16, 2013, 10:19:50 PM The Anti-Java

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#18 : June 17, 2013, 05:39:26 AM

Mike James is like Earnest Graham, but only in the sense that it will take a few years untill he contributes much.  He will be on the practice squad this year
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Little Brother.......Big Brother......Grandpa « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools