Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL Records That Will Fall in the 2013 Season « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#15 : June 14, 2013, 12:34:17 PM

If Adrian Peterson has back to back 2000 yard seasons he should be enshrined in Canton at the end of the year.

I wouldn't bet against him but I would say that it's unlikely.

Back to back 2000 yard season puts him ahead of a lot of dudes in my book. Brown, **CENSORED**erson, Sanders, Emmit. I think the only one he'd be behind still would be Payton. He still needs a ring to really put an exclamation point on his career. But back to back 2k season has never been done and is so beyond difficult to do. Especially the 2 years following major knee surgery.

Agree I don't think it will happen. But I also wouldn't be surprised if it somehow did happen.

Behind Payton, but ahead of Brown?  That's funny, because Brown would have had a pair of 2,000-yard seasons had he played in a 16-game era.  Payton was amazing, but Brown is the closest thing to a video game running back that we've ever seen.

Personal preference I guess. Payton is my #1, then Brown, then Sanders. Sanders probably doesn't belong that high, he was just so much fun to watch.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#16 : June 14, 2013, 02:20:34 PM

Jim Brown had a size advantage that is no longer available to RBs. Once he got past the LOS he was bigger and faster than anyone on the field. For his era, he was the greatest. He'd be a backup in Minnesota or Houston in today's game, and I'm being objective. I watched the man play.Others have and will continue to surpass Sweetness, but he will always be my favorite player not a Buccaneer. I have real high hopes for this kid we drafted out of Boise State last year. He is just amazing and has such a great attitude. He shares several traits with Walter IMO.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 14, 2013, 09:12:59 PM

Ya Jim Brown was a pretty big dude.  Even in todays NFL he would still be a big RB.   Way before my time, but I still respect his accomplishments.

Wise man too.  Retired at the relatively young age of 29. And went on to make about a hundred movies.

It was interesting that he hated Franco Harris. He felt Franco was a wuss for running out of bounds all the time.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL Records That Will Fall in the 2013 Season « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools