Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Revis' former teammate hoping for chance to face off « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : June 14, 2013, 12:01:13 AM »

Revis' former teammate hoping for chance to face off

Stephen F. Holder, Times Staff Writer 

Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:20am

The Bucs’ season opener at the Jets has already been billed as a grudge match pitting new Bucs cornerback Darrelle Revis against his former teammates.

And it would be an even more interesting matchup should the Jets’ top receiver, Santonio Holmes play.

Holmes is recovering from a major foot injury and can’t yet say when he’ll be cleared to return. But he’s hoping that day comes in time for him to face Revis in a matchup he’s looking forward to.

“It would be a great matchup, it would be a lot of fun to go out there against an old nemesis,” Holmes said Wednesday, according to the New York Daily News. “(As) a guy who’s coming off an injury himself, I wish him much success this season, and hopefully he’s prepared and ready just like I will be.”

While Revis is fully expected to play in the game despite the torn knee ligament he suffered last season, Holmes’ status seems a bit less certain. He was vague when asked about his health.

“It’s been that hard to just get the feeling of your body to move in an everyday motion for so many years,” said Holmes. “To have something like this happen, it kind of puts a damper in your whole physical ability to do anything.”

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
« #1 : June 14, 2013, 12:24:59 AM »

He sounded respectful from those quotes but with Revis covering him, and Geno or Sanchez throwing the ball, he might as well sit out game 1.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #2 : June 14, 2013, 01:19:24 AM »

Sure would be epic to see Revis take one to the house against Sanchez or Geno.   Those Jet fans would go balistic, throwing stuff on the field.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #3 : June 14, 2013, 02:55:22 AM »

Lol @ Jets QB room.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
« #4 : June 14, 2013, 06:04:27 AM »

Lol @ entire Jets Organization

Fixed it for you.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #5 : June 14, 2013, 08:58:27 AM »

He better not say anything to get revis hyped.

Otherwise, he'll make himself look incredibly dumb when revis shuts him down completely.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
« #6 : June 14, 2013, 10:13:32 AM »

I'm so excited to be going to this game!!  Still considering wearing a Revis jersey. lol

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #7 : June 14, 2013, 11:21:13 AM »

Santonio should watch out what he wishes for. Last time I checked and his game was speed so that knee might not be what it was for a while.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« #8 : June 14, 2013, 12:52:00 PM »

Should he have said "I'm scared"? Great story...

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

« #9 : June 14, 2013, 01:07:38 PM »

Revis can shut down Holmes 1 on 1. Keller is gone, and their receivers are horrible behind Holmes.  We had the #1 rush defense in the league last season. I honestly do no think the Jets will score an offensive touchdown against us.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #10 : June 14, 2013, 01:56:48 PM »

Revis can shut down Holmes 1 on 1. Keller is gone, and their receivers are horrible behind Holmes.  We had the #1 rush defense in the league last season. I honestly do no think the Jets will score an offensive touchdown against us.

But if Tebow runs the wildcat....wait, sorry.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #11 : June 14, 2013, 03:08:48 PM »

But if Tebow runs the wildcat....wait, sorry.

lol

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #12 : June 14, 2013, 03:17:16 PM »

Holmes= headcase.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« #13 : June 14, 2013, 06:48:59 PM »

Keller is gone....but they got Kellen...Winslow that is.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #14 : June 14, 2013, 07:39:47 PM »

Sure would be epic to see Revis take one to the house against Sanchez or Geno.   Those Jet fans would go balistic, throwing stuff on the field.
I'm so excited to be going to this game!!  Still considering wearing a Revis jersey. lol

If you wear that jersey and Revis takes a pick to the house, then what they'll be throwing at the field just might be you. Lol
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Revis' former teammate hoping for chance to face off « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools