Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Production: Clowney Vs. Bowers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucNY

Hall of Famer

: June 14, 2013, 01:43:56 PM

Clowney Sophmore year stats
                23.5 TFL (2nd NCAA)
                13.0 Sacks (3rd NCAA)
Awards: 2012 Consensus All-America
                2012 Ted Hendricks Award
                6th in Heisman Voting

Bowers Junior year stats

26.0 TFL (1st NCAA)
                15.5 Sacks (1st NCAA)

Awards:  2010 ACC Defensive Player of the Year
                2010 Bronko Nagurski Award
                2010 Consensus All-America
                2010 Ted Hendricks Award

What's my point? Well my point is production and my point is Bowers was as dominating of a player as there has been in college football in some years. Since his knee issue he has dropped off the face of the earth. I believe it is healthy again and I expect HUGE things from this guy and apparently so does our staff, evidenced by ZERO movement at DE, besides lower level draft picks.

This Clowney guy has been hyped to the max but there was a day not to long ago that Bowers was supposedly one of the top 3 overall best players in the draft. His credentials stand up to Clowney who is the next "LT".

Go get em Bowers!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 14, 2013, 01:47:14 PM

cue this standard response, again and again;  "it doesn't matter it's just 'potential'"  :-)

(interesting post though and i hope he has a big year)
: June 14, 2013, 01:50:55 PM VinBucFan

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 14, 2013, 01:49:41 PM

- Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 14, 2013, 01:50:47 PM

cue this standard response, again and again;  "it doesn't matter it's just 'potential'"  :-)

(interesting post though)

Apparently year 3 is the year for Buccaneer defensive lineman

McCoy
Bowers (better be)
Clayborn (better be)
Miller
Bennett (3rd year with our team)

- Everyone

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#4 : June 14, 2013, 01:52:48 PM

McCoy
Bowers (better be)
Clayborn (better be)
Miller

well, and in line with your first post, there are some here that seem to think McCoy's year last year and Clayborn's year before were a fluke  . .  .I am excited to see them all line up together

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 14, 2013, 01:54:12 PM

McCoy
Bowers (better be)
Clayborn (better be)
Miller

well, and in line with your first post, there are some here that seem to think McCoy's year last year and Clayborn's year before were a fluke  . .  .I am excited to see them all line up together

True, time will tell. Either way I'm excited to see Bowers, McCoy, Spence and Clayborn all lined up together and healthy. Should be fun to watch.

- Everyone

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 14, 2013, 03:35:48 PM

Y'all saying "can't wait to see them line up together" better knock on wood. Some crazy stuff always happens and we end up with a makeshift line by week 3.

Edit: I also can't wait to see Bowers this year.
: June 14, 2013, 03:39:03 PM Bucs N Beers

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#7 : June 14, 2013, 03:42:45 PM

Y'all saying "can't wait to see them line up together" better knock on wood. Some crazy stuff always happens and we end up with a makeshift line by week 3.

Edit: I also can't wait to see Bowers this year.

damn, dont jinx us!   ;)

BucFanHudson32

Second String

#8 : June 14, 2013, 04:23:04 PM

Bowers is going to be great..That's why I was the only person on this board that didn't get upset when Bennett walked..With Bowers there is extreme potential,Bennett hit his ceiling and was only  a little better than average...

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#9 : June 14, 2013, 04:43:34 PM

Bowers is going to be great..That's why I was the only person on this board that didn't get upset when Bennett walked..With Bowers there is extreme potential,Bennett hit his ceiling and was only  a little better than average...

You weren't alone...

BucFanHudson32

Second String

#10 : June 14, 2013, 05:14:19 PM

You weren't alone...

Werd up B

gone

Hall of Famer
#11 : June 14, 2013, 05:28:21 PM

Nobody was upset about Bennet leaving because they think Bowers isn't going to be good.  They were upset because he is coming off of major injurieS and while it may be "extreme", potential is still just potential so there is no guarantee, there is no way to know how much his injuries will cut into his "extreme potential", and finally because you need more than two DEs and Bennet was a productive third DE who stepped in for a starter and played well, that's not a guy you want to see leave lightly.   

There were many circumstances around letting him go and the timing just didn't work out for us and him, so it is what it is, but there is nothing wrong with wishing we had found a way to keep him.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 14, 2013, 05:30:11 PM

Bowers is nowhere near the consensus number overall pick.  Clowney is that once a generation player.  He's the Megatron at DE.  This thread is just another homer based wish.  Let's hope the guy stays upright.   No more broken players.  If any of our "potential" stars go down I have little doubt MD gets the can.  Dude has drafted broken players for years now(he's trading for them).

freddy

Hall of Famer

#13 : June 14, 2013, 05:37:29 PM

Bowers is nowhere near the consensus number overall pick.  Clowney is that once a generation player.  He's the Megatron at DE.  This thread is just another homer based wish.  Let's hope the guy stays upright.   No more broken players.  If any of our "potential" stars go down I have little doubt MD gets the can.  Dude has drafted broken players for years now(he's trading for them).

Bowers was very much talked about as the #1 overall pick.

"Once considered in the mix for the first overall pick, Bowers is fighting to remain a top 10 pick after his April 1 pro day raised concerns following January surgery on a torn meniscus in his right knee."
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2011-04-17-daquan-bowers-des_N.htm

I had high hopes for him last year, hoping he can stay healthy this year.  If healthy all year, I think he can be a monster.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 14, 2013, 05:37:59 PM

Nobody was upset about Bennet leaving because they think Bowers isn't going to be good.  They were upset because he is coming off of major injurieS and while it may be "extreme", potential is still just potential so there is no guarantee, there is no way to know how much his injuries will cut into his "extreme potential", and finally because you need more than two DEs and Bennet was a productive third DE who stepped in for a starter and played well, that's not a guy you want to see leave lightly.   

There were many circumstances around letting him go and the timing just didn't work out for us and him, so it is what it is, but there is nothing wrong with wishing we had found a way to keep him.

+1

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Production: Clowney Vs. Bowers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools