Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Production: Clowney Vs. Bowers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 14, 2013, 05:39:34 PM

Bowers is nowhere near the consensus number overall pick.  Clowney is that once a generation player.  He's the Megatron at DE.  This thread is just another homer based wish.  Let's hope the guy stays upright.   No more broken players.  If any of our "potential" stars go down I have little doubt MD gets the can.  Dude has drafted broken players for years now(he's trading for them).

Bowers was very much talked about as the #1 overall pick.

"Once considered in the mix for the first overall pick, Bowers is fighting to remain a top 10 pick after his April 1 pro day raised concerns following January surgery on a torn meniscus in his right knee."
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2011-04-17-daquan-bowers-des_N.htm

I had high hopes for him last year, hoping he can stay healthy this year.  If healthy all year, I think he can be a monster.

When did "in the mix" become CONSENSUS???!!!!

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 14, 2013, 05:40:25 PM

Bowers is nowhere near the consensus number overall pick.  Clowney is that once a generation player.  He's the Megatron at DE.  This thread is just another homer based wish.  Let's hope the guy stays upright.   No more broken players.  If any of our "potential" stars go down I have little doubt MD gets the can.  Dude has drafted broken players for years now(he's trading for them).

Any player can get injured at any time. Manning was broken when he left the Colts I guess you wouldn't have signed him. Frank Gore another "Broken player". It's football Injuries happen..The players we signed could go on to have healthy careers. Clowney could be a NFL bust. Coming into the NFL all players are based on Potential. 

freddy

Hall of Famer
#17 : June 14, 2013, 05:51:42 PM

Bowers was very much talked about as the #1 overall pick.

"Once considered in the mix for the first overall pick, Bowers is fighting to remain a top 10 pick after his April 1 pro day raised concerns following January surgery on a torn meniscus in his right knee."
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2011-04-17-daquan-bowers-des_N.htm

I had high hopes for him last year, hoping he can stay healthy this year.  If healthy all year, I think he can be a monster.

Right after Top three became "consensus number overall pick".

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 14, 2013, 06:01:12 PM

If in the mix to be the #1 pick isn't "near consensus" what is near consensus?

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 14, 2013, 06:02:49 PM

Hopefully Bowers will be DA MAN this season. Gotta find out what we got in one Da'Quan Bowers; If not this year, then WHEN?? It is time to give him the helm and hope he doesn't sink the ship... 8)

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 14, 2013, 06:15:43 PM

If in the mix to be the #1 pick isn't "near consensus" what is near consensus?

You aren't reading lil fella.  No where near THE consensus number as in he is the consensus number and bowers isn't NEAR him.  What don't you understand?

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#21 : June 14, 2013, 06:21:19 PM

Is this really a thread. Bowers had one Great year in college and we are hoping he can start to have years like that in the pros especially considering the talent around him. Clowney only has years in which he completely dominates, College or Pros will be the same. I like Bowers. I'm happy we have him. But there is no comparison.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 14, 2013, 06:25:10 PM

Bowers is nowhere near the consensus number overall pick.

Okay, since you're going to be disrespectful about it, here is me reading what you said. "Bowers is nowhere near consensus number overall pick". I guess I can agree with you since that means nothing. It seems your new point is that he's nowhere near the "consensus" 2014 #1 overall pick. I'd agree with that since Bowers isn't in the 2014 draft. In response, I could tell you that Clowney was much further away from being the #1 overall pick in 2011. It doesn't mean much, but neither did your statement.

But since we all know you're not being truthful, that your point was that Clowney is the consensus #1 pick (a quick google search tells me you're wrong about that) and the Bowers wasn't close to consensus #1 overall pick when he came out (a quick memory search and google search tells me you're wrong about that), I know you're scrambling to save face.

You aren't reading lil fella.  No where near THE consensus number as in he is the consensus number and bowers isn't NEAR him.  What don't you understand?

Yeah, this comment contradicts your response to people that were saying Bowers was in the mix to be #1 before he got hurt:

So, yeah, let's continue to have a respectful discussion because that attempt at being a clown wasn't a good look for you.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 14, 2013, 06:27:43 PM

Dude...I never said "in the mix"!!!  F ing read.  There should be some kind of competency test before you can post.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 14, 2013, 06:32:19 PM

You said "near consensus". Other people said "in the mix". You clearly said "in the mix" in your response, when you said, "When did 'in the mix' become CONSENSUS???!!!!". I pointed out that you didn't say, "CONSENSUS>!:!!??M!" you said, "near consensus". "Near consensus" means "not consensus, but near it". If you are "near consensus", you are "in the mix" to be #1.

So yeah, keep being a **CENSORED**. I'm trying hard not to be one. I usually succeed, but you're talking to people like we're idiots when you clearly don't have enough of a grasp of what you're trying to say to express it clearly and without contradiction.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#25 : June 14, 2013, 06:38:16 PM

Dude...I never said "in the mix"!!!  F ing read.  There should be some kind of competency test before you can post.

OK, take a step back. A poster before you stated that Bowers was in consideration as a top 3 pick.

Bowers was supposedly one of the top 3 overall best players in the draft. His credentials stand up to Clowney who is the next "LT".

Your first comment was.....

That is the basis of the response.  If you were not replying to BucNY, then frankly your post in general doesn't even make sense..

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 14, 2013, 06:43:42 PM

You said "near consensus". Other people said "in the mix". You clearly said "in the mix" in your response, when you said, "When did 'in the mix' become CONSENSUS???!!!!". I pointed out that you didn't say, "CONSENSUS>!:!!??M!" you said, "near consensus". "Near consensus" means "not consensus, but near it". If you are "near consensus", you are "in the mix" to be #1.

So yeah, keep being a **CENSORED**. I'm trying hard not to be one. I usually succeed, but you're talking to people like we're idiots when you clearly don't have enough of a grasp of what you're trying to say to express it clearly and without contradiction.

NOWHERE NEAR!!!! Replace nowhere with NOT!!!!  Holy crap.  I'm arguing with twelve year olds.

You can't read.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 14, 2013, 06:45:13 PM

OK, take a step back. A poster before you stated that Bowers was in consideration as a top 3 pick.

Bowers was supposedly one of the top 3 overall best players in the draft. His credentials stand up to Clowney who is the next "LT".

Your first comment was.....

That is the basis of the response.  If you were not replying to BucNY, then frankly your post in general doesn't even make sense..

NOWHERE NEAR as in NOT near.  Not near as in NOT close...there's a **CENSORED**ing negative in front of near you freaking maroons!!!!!!!!!!
: June 14, 2013, 06:47:34 PM The Anomaly

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 14, 2013, 06:50:49 PM

Is this really a thread. Bowers had one Great year in college and we are hoping he can start to have years like that in the pros especially considering the talent around him. Clowney only has years in which he completely dominates, College or Pros will be the same. I like Bowers. I'm happy we have him. But there is no comparison.

/end homeristic reach of a thread.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#29 : June 14, 2013, 07:00:17 PM

LOL right, everyone else is a moron because we can't understand your gibberish. Overreact much?

Carry on, nothing to see here.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Production: Clowney Vs. Bowers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools