Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Production: Clowney Vs. Bowers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#30 : June 14, 2013, 07:06:15 PM

Y'all saying "can't wait to see them line up together" better knock on wood. Some crazy stuff always happens and we end up with a makeshift line by week 3.

Edit: I also can't wait to see Bowers this year.

damn, dont jinx us!   ;)

You can say that about both side of our line, O-line has actually done a good job of making up for it.. still not the same is having it drawn up on paper in the off season. It's the difference between 7-9 and 10-6 though.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 14, 2013, 07:07:37 PM

LOL right, everyone else is a moron because we can't understand your gibberish. Overreact much?

Carry on, nothing to see here.

Don't insult EVERYONE else.  It was just you two.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#32 : June 14, 2013, 07:11:52 PM

Bowers was projected in some mocks to be the #1 overall pick in the draft before he got injured. Do you deny that? If so, it will really help understanding what you're trying to say.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#33 : June 14, 2013, 07:24:29 PM

LOL right, everyone else is a moron because we can't understand your gibberish. Overreact much?

Carry on, nothing to see here.

Don't insult EVERYONE else.  It was just you two.

Nah, we were just the only two to try and respond civilly to you (before your rage). 

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#34 : June 14, 2013, 07:54:38 PM

I forgot how much of a beast Bowers was in college. Dude smashed the hell out of Russell Wilson like 5 times in that first video. Guy must still be having nightmares of Bowers.

ingey1968

Starter

#35 : June 14, 2013, 11:20:03 PM

why arent you comparing Bowers Sophomore year to Clowneys? I will tell you why, because he did next to nothing his first 2 seasons there. if you are going to debate how good he is compared to clowney, put all the info up. not just the stuff you are cherry picking to try to make yourself sound believable

Clowney Sophmore year stats
                23.5 TFL (2nd NCAA)
                13.0 Sacks (3rd NCAA)
Awards: 2012 Consensus All-America
                2012 Ted Hendricks Award
                6th in Heisman Voting

Bowers Junior year stats

26.0 TFL (1st NCAA)
                15.5 Sacks (1st NCAA)

Awards:  2010 ACC Defensive Player of the Year
                2010 Bronko Nagurski Award
                2010 Consensus All-America
                2010 Ted Hendricks Award

What's my point? Well my point is production and my point is Bowers was as dominating of a player as there has been in college football in some years. Since his knee issue he has dropped off the face of the earth. I believe it is healthy again and I expect HUGE things from this guy and apparently so does our staff, evidenced by ZERO movement at DE, besides lower level draft picks.

This Clowney guy has been hyped to the max but there was a day not to long ago that Bowers was supposedly one of the top 3 overall best players in the draft. His credentials stand up to Clowney who is the next "LT".

Go get em Bowers!

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#36 : June 15, 2013, 05:36:04 AM

Kinda gets me excited. :D

-Chase

Our fans suck!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 15, 2013, 06:11:46 AM

Simebody start a Gaines Adams vs. Bowers thread. 

freddy

Hall of Famer
#38 : June 15, 2013, 06:52:16 AM

Simebody start a Gaines Adams vs. Bowers thread.

Ouch.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Production: Clowney Vs. Bowers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools