Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's FAB 5 - 6-14 - SIZING UP THE CBs, WRs, TEs & RBs, DEMPS, FREEMAN, CARIMI « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 15, 2013, 08:19:11 PM

Maybe James is just having issues learning the playbook?

Seems like a logical reason why a college player never could break the starting lineup. Whatever the reason for James lack of reps I can assure you it isnt because he is ten pounds too heavy.

What a terrible draft this one was. As if a retard was calling the shots.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#16 : June 15, 2013, 08:43:12 PM

adrien Peterson for one.  i didnt write the article.  Tell Scott you think his theory is crap then.  Maybe it is.  Just commenting on his take though.
the team wants big fast guys at CB and WR.  stop the presses!  the team doesnt want a gazelle at RB?  why?  most of them dont pan out.  this isnt rocket science. 

nowhere did the article say the team wouldnt use a great player who didnt fit the definition of "todays NFL player", did it?  because scotts theory isnt wrong.  your assumption that the player HAS to fit the description is wrong.
But yeah, Ted Larsen is pretty much a fringe player.  Not a guy I want to see playing.
what backups does any team want to see playing?  or are you one of those fans that think your backups should be just as good as your starters?

Have you not noticed on here that many people expect all pros at every starting slot and starter quality at every back-up slot?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#17 : June 15, 2013, 08:44:10 PM

Seems like a logical reason why a college player never could break the starting lineup. Whatever the reason for James lack of reps I can assure you it isnt because he is ten pounds too heavy.

Thanks Nostradamus.. have winning lotto numbers for tonight as well?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 15, 2013, 08:48:26 PM

Thanks Nostradamus.. have winning lotto numbers for tonight as well?

I do. Thanks for asking.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 15, 2013, 08:52:43 PM

Name one other reason why he would not be getting any reps just a few months after they drafted him to be the third down back?

Did he step on the freaking line?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#20 : June 16, 2013, 08:02:23 AM

I don't expect all pros at backup but I hardly consider Ted Larsen to be adequate depth on the OL which would justify trying to trade Meredith.  Only one doing the spinning around here is the Dom Cheerleaders.  Like I said, GT can't be honest just this once. 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : June 16, 2013, 02:18:44 PM

I don't expect all pros at backup but I hardly consider Ted Larsen to be adequate depth on the OL which would justify trying to trade Meredith.  Only one doing the spinning around here is the Dom Cheerleaders.  Like I said, GT can't be honest just this once.
we had the #3 rb and a QB who didn't get sacked. What more do you want out of your depth? Go through the playoff teams backup OL, I doubt you'll find much better than Larsen.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

sammich

Starter

#22 : June 16, 2013, 06:08:56 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the trade talks about Meredith before the draft?  Never hurts to ask.  If someone offered a nice pick for him and Dom still had the draft to replace him great.  It didn't work out that, but no harm done.  Conversations like that are how you get good picks for Adams and Price or Carimi for a 6th.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#23 : June 16, 2013, 07:05:43 PM

Your expectations are unrealistic sir.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 16, 2013, 07:15:15 PM

Stocker is all hype. Wouldnt be shocked to see Noble and Bynam beat his ass in training camp.

In fact i'll call it now. Stocker doesnt make the final 53 :O

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#25 : June 16, 2013, 07:22:12 PM

I've never seen anything from Stocker.  Maybe he's been injured? Who knows, but I havent seen anything that makes me think he is a receiving threat . .  . now he's bigger?

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 16, 2013, 11:22:03 PM

I was not encouraged by reports on Stocker. Unless he isn't expected to run routes this season... Byham actually looked better catching the ball than Stocker last season. And I already know Crabtree and Noble are better route runners and receivers. Stocker's got some work to do, IMO...

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 19, 2013, 10:04:25 AM

I was not encouraged by reports on Stocker. Unless he isn't expected to run routes this season... Byham actually looked better catching the ball than Stocker last season. And I already know Crabtree and Noble are better route runners and receivers. Stocker's got some work to do, IMO...

Agreed. Byham is a much better player who was a bit unsung last season for his good production in limited opportunities

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#28 : June 19, 2013, 10:18:04 AM

Your expectations are unrealistic sir.
so my expectations that this organization would value depth on the OL, especially since we lost two starters last year to injury, over a mid or late round draft pick is unrealistic? 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 19, 2013, 10:40:26 AM

I've never seen anything from Stocker.  Maybe he's been injured? Who knows, but I havent seen anything that makes me think he is a receiving threat . .  . now he's bigger?

He isn't, and he never will be our receiving TE. What he is, is a solid blocking TE. He adds value to this team, just not much as a receiving threat.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's FAB 5 - 6-14 - SIZING UP THE CBs, WRs, TEs & RBs, DEMPS, FREEMAN, CARIMI « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools