Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 5 reasons they make playoffs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 15, 2013, 03:42:21 PM

5reasons why they don't:
1. Josh Freeman
2. Sean Peyton
3. Mike Smith
4. Drew Brees
5. Matt Ryan
ha, mike smith and matt ryan couldnt even beat the Bucs last season.  and even when they could, it was a squeaker.

i do agree with hate that payton and brees are a concern, but i think their WR's start alligatorarming it against us this season.

The arrogance of a Super Bowl winning team but the record of a loser.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 15, 2013, 03:46:58 PM

Last 5 years the falcons are 56-24.  The went to the NFC championship last year.  Say what you want about them but odds are they make the playoffs once again. 

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 15, 2013, 03:50:16 PM

Last 5 years the falcons are 56-24.  The went to the NFC championship last year.  Say what you want about them but odds are they make the playoffs once again.

Hilarious.  GT isn't worried about a perennial playoff team with a 56-24?  Maybe he's worried about OUR team then.  A team that hasn't made the playoffs in six seasons.  Hopefully, he's worried about the Bucs finally.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 15, 2013, 04:08:52 PM

The arrogance of a Super Bowl winning team but the record of a loser.
you believe im arrogant?  or you believe the Bucs are arrogant?

Hilarious.  GT isn't worried about a perennial playoff team with a 56-24?  Maybe he's worried about OUR team then.  A team that hasn't made the playoffs in six seasons.  Hopefully, he's worried about the Bucs finally.
why should a fan worry?  im certainly not worried.  i am excited though.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : June 15, 2013, 04:10:43 PM

who cares about the last 5 years?  because of last season i do believe they have better odds than us...but things change fast in the NFL.  and because of the way we played them last season, i feel good about this season.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 15, 2013, 04:20:44 PM

who cares about the last 5 years?  because of last season i do believe they have better odds than us...but things change fast in the NFL. and because of the way we played them last season, i feel good about this season.

I've been screaming this for a couple years now.  THINGS do CHANGE fast.  So, making the playoffs in year 5 out of five years is changing fast?  LOL.

That doesn't sound fast to me though it would save many jobs in Tampa.  Until they PROVE it, they are perennial losers again.  These are the "Yucs".  Win and it all changes.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : June 15, 2013, 04:31:14 PM

Until they PROVE it, they are perennial losers again.  These are the "Yucs".  Win and it all changes.
that's a weak slogan for the offseason IMO

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 15, 2013, 04:35:50 PM

Doesn't matter if we beat them twice and they still win their average 11 games.  They will be in the playoffs. 

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 15, 2013, 04:46:23 PM

Until they PROVE it, they are perennial losers again.  These are the "Yucs".  Win and it all changes.
that's a weak slogan for the offseason IMO

It isn't a slogan.  It is the truth.  I appreciate your optimism but I require a little more proof...I want to see WINS before I start walking around telling teams that I'm not worried about them.  It's not like we've been winning.  So, in this case I am carefully guarded in my optimism.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#24 : June 15, 2013, 06:15:20 PM

It isn't a slogan.  It is the truth.  I appreciate your optimism but I require a little more proof...I want to see WINS before I start walking around telling teams that I'm not worried about them.  It's not like we've been winning.  So, in this case I am carefully guarded in my optimism.
its a copout in the month of june.  you CANT see wins in the offseason, no matter how much you complain about it.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 15, 2013, 09:03:08 PM

The Falcons are a good team, but their window is starting to close IMO.   They mortgaged a hell of a lot of draft picks for Julio Jones.  And they have a few players getting up there in age.  They haven't even resigned Matt Ryan yet.   I was reading somewhere the other day, he said himself, if they don't get a deal done soon,  forget it until the 2013 season is over and done with.  That could backfire on the Falcons, and cost them WAY more money.  Like it cost the Ravens way more with Joe Flacco.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#26 : June 16, 2013, 03:55:40 PM

I think the Bucs are playoff contenders.

But some things have to fall right for them to get into the playoffs.

1-Consistency. Not only from the QB play but from the way offensive plays are called by Sullivan and the defense has to be consistently competitive for 16 games. As explosive as the offense can be this team may not need a top 10 defense they just need a defense that can stop teams in critical situations.

2-Pass rush. If the Bucs can discover some sembelance of a consistent pass rush in the pass happy NFC South, they will put themselves into a position to be in the playoffs. Even if the sack numbers aren't there they will need to throw the QB out of rythm, and make him throw the ball when he doesn't want to. Just make the Qb uncomfortable at all times.

3-Injuries. This team lacks the depth to lose any starter to injury. Not only do the fans need to cross their fingers that no starter gets injured we need to hope the players coming back from injury play to their former level. If not 2013 could be a long year.

If this team can be consistent in all 3 phases of the game, ake the Qb feel uncomfortable and not have any major injuries they have a real shot at the playoffs.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 16, 2013, 03:57:49 PM

The Falcons are a good team, but their window is starting to close IMO.   They mortgaged a hell of a lot of draft picks for Julio Jones.  And they have a few players getting up there in age.  They haven't even resigned Matt Ryan yet.   I was reading somewhere the other day, he said himself, if they don't get a deal done soon,  forget it until the 2013 season is over and done with.  That could backfire on the Falcons, and cost them WAY more money.  Like it cost the Ravens way more with Joe Flacco.

Agree they made that move hoping they would be able to get a SB by this time. It didnt work out. However I will say they have the QB and WR to make an offense work. They might not be able to be as good as they were the last few years but they can sure try. The window is definitely closing for the opportunity to win one soon imo.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#28 : June 16, 2013, 04:05:15 PM

Agree they made that move hoping they would be able to get a SB by this time. It didnt work out. However I will say they have the QB and WR to make an offense work. They might not be able to be as good as they were the last few years but they can sure try. The window is definitely closing for the opportunity to win one soon imo.

Falcons defense may be their achilles heel. Their defense gave up 2 20 point leads in the playoffs, they escaped with a win against Seattle but then blew a big lead against San Fran. Here's 5 in division reasons the Bucs may make the playoffs.

1-Cam Newton
2-Falcons Defense
3-Saints Defense
4-Mike Shula
5-Injuries to in division opponents

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#29 : June 16, 2013, 07:32:07 PM

damn, when does the season start!

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 5 reasons they make playoffs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools