Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Russian President Putin....a thief?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#45 : June 15, 2013, 11:05:37 PM

For the amount of money that 2005 season and ring cost, if that was my ring the next thing he would have been putting in that pocket was his teeth. The most current US and Russian relation would have been my right to his jaw.

Hope you like cutting down trees in Siberia....

Cutting down trees in Syria? I'd bet money if you were to lay a finger on Putin you would cease to exist, no matter who you are.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#46 : June 16, 2013, 12:19:05 AM

At least Putin has some (foot?)balls!!

He led his Country to a 436-to ZERO vote  against "gay propaganda".

And when He decides to get involved in a conflict, he's all in--- not a wuss like Barack Obama, who announces "stepped up" U.S. involvement in Syria via... "white house staff"?? (Because he's so afraid of a sound bite being used against him in 10 months)
The Syria rebels have already lost, thanks to Russia & Hezzbollah's involvement.
Obama, so afraid to become a george bush in the mideast, waited way too long and only ACTED because of former President Bill Clinton's critical comments.

Obama = wuss

Obama's no wuss. He's a black President of the most racist country on the planet...............and actually elected twice, unlike Bush who stole much more than a SB ring.

I am being completely apolitical here, just speaking as an American- but do you realize how absurd your statement that this is the most racist nation on earth is?  His accomplishment of becoming the leader of the most powerful nation on earth is amazing and made more remarkable by the fact that he is the first Black man to do so.  This feat, however was only made possible by a majority of voting  (and as you would say - racist ) Americans.  There is a great deal of shame both past in present in the nations throughout this world, when it comes to racist or bigoted behavior, a great many with records far more egregious. I understand your emotional attachment to the argument, but please pull back on the hyperbole.

What you fail to realize is the only reason we have a black President is voters couldn't stomach the idea of 4/8 more years of anyone even remotely connected to George W. Bush. Bush left a stench in the Whitehouse that will take several administrations to remove. It might be a decade or more before the racist party can come up with a viable candidate. When their leadership proclaims on national television that they must protect the wealthy from higher taxes, they've lost touch with most Americans. Both parties suck when it comes to public safety verses the gun lobby. How can any American oppose background checks for gun ownership?

I remember when politicians were elected BECAUSE they were racist. At least we have advanced beyond that, but it still exists, just in a different form and a different party. We can thank John F. Kennedy and LBJ for that. We now have more deaths than births in the white population, and the people coming to America aren't coming from Europe and Australia. The dynamics are changing. I'd love to see how our laws will change when whites become a minority. Prejudice will always be here. At least now people have some sense of shame when it's revealed. That's some progress but Utopia ain't gonna happen in America, not when someone is always preaching one doctrine or another and creating differences that don't exist.

I'm sorry, but there is nothing about thhis current discussion that I am failing to realize.  Again, I am being apolitical here, and take no stace for or against any party or politician.  My only point of contention is with your absurd assertion that this is the most racist nation on the planet.  This not just false, but wildly so.  The error of this belief is only magnified by the fact that the elected leader of this nation is in fact a Black man.  Your claim that only the "stench" of Bush made forced his election ignores the obious fact that this nation had the option of electing any of the millions of White American men (or women) living within its borders with absolutely no ties to the Bush administration.  The Democratic primary whittled away a number of white politicians with more extensive resumes and a history of opposing the Bush administration.  Surely the most racist nation on earth would have jumped at the point to do so, right?  Your notion that there was no one else in the entire nation we could elect because of Bush, trivializes the President, and his place in history as well as anyone who chose to vote for him.  That is not just patently wrong, but insultig and demeaning to Obama. 

No, America is not a Eutopia - free of racism, bigotry or ignorance.  It never will be.  And no nation or land populated by mankind will ever be so.  We are flawed creatures and even those of supposedly pure motive will spout ignorance sometimes- as evidenced by your post.   

I'm sorry to everyone not named 1sparkybuc for participating in this detour.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#47 : June 16, 2013, 12:23:53 AM

This belongs in pirates cove

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#48 : June 16, 2013, 12:40:43 AM

This belongs in pirates cove

Unfortunately, yes.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#49 : June 16, 2013, 12:46:59 AM

I'm sorry, but there is nothing about thhis current discussion that I am failing to realize.  Again, I am being apolitical here, and take no stace for or against any party or politician.  My only point of contention is with your absurd assertion that this is the most racist nation on the planet.  This not just false, but wildly so.  The error of this belief is only magnified by the fact that the elected leader of this nation is in fact a Black man.  Your claim that only the "stench" of Bush made forced his election ignores the obious fact that this nation had the option of electing any of the millions of White American men (or women) living within its borders with absolutely no ties to the Bush administration.  The Democratic primary whittled away a number of white politicians with more extensive resumes and a history of opposing the Bush administration.  Surely the most racist nation on earth would have jumped at the point to do so, right?  Your notion that there was no one else in the entire nation we could elect because of Bush, trivializes the President, and his place in history as well as anyone who chose to vote for him.  That is not just patently wrong, but insultig and demeaning to Obama. 

i HATE politics.... and surely didn't intend for this thread to go down that path but this post couldn't have been typed any better. Well done!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#50 : June 16, 2013, 01:50:24 AM

most racist country on the planet...............

With all due respect, only an American would say something (dumb) like that.

Can you imagine an entire section of  NFL fans making monkey gestures to, say, Adrian Peterson?  How about a section of fans chanting "Adolf Hitler is Coming For You" to a player with a Jewish name?

These are things that actually happened THIS YEAR in soccer matches in England and England isn't even known for racism in football, at least not as bad as one will find in Italy.  Speaking of Italy, can you imagine a US Congressperson using a racial slur to describe a black member of Congress?  Well, that and MORE just happened in Italy:

One politician from a party that not long ago ruled in a coalition derided what he called Italy's new "bonga bonga government." On Wednesday, amid increasing revulsion over the reaction, the government authorized an investigation into neo-fascist websites whose members called Kyenge "Congolese monkey" and other epithets.
Kyenge, 48, was born in Congo and moved to Italy three decades ago to study medicine. An eye surgeon, she lives in Modena with her Italian husband and two children. She was active in local center-left politics before winning a seat in the lower Chamber of Deputies in February elections.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/05/01/racist-taunts-greet-appointment-italy-1st-black-minister-highlighting-race/

You should get out and see the world before saying anything else about America being the most racist country.  Foolish.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#51 : June 16, 2013, 05:32:21 AM

True my friends dad was doing business there and he had to carry a few hundred bucks everywhere he went. They pull you over, and you either pay, or you go to jail.

If Kraft had rolled up to the hood and showed the homies that ring the same exact thing would have happened. Apparently he didn't get the memo.

IMO if he didn't have the balls to demand his ring back its not his ring anymore. Possession is 9/10 of the law. The moral of the story? Stand up for what is yours. He had a golden opportunity to earn Putins respect and he blew it. He's a puss.

LOL Wtf kind of caveman are you? Is that how you respond in social settings? If so, I feel sorry for you.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#52 : June 16, 2013, 08:34:17 AM

And when He decides to get involved in a conflict, he's all in--- not a wuss like Barack Obama, who announces "stepped up" U.S. involvement in Syria via... "white house staff"?? (Because he's so afraid of a sound bite being used against him in 10 months)
The Syria rebels have already lost, thanks to Russia & Hezzbollah's involvement.
Obama, so afraid to become a george bush in the mideast, waited way too long and only ACTED because of former President Bill Clinton's critical comments.

Obama = wuss

Obama's no wuss. He's a black President of the most racist country on the planet...............and actually elected twice, unlike Bush who stole much more than a SB ring.

I am being completely apolitical here, just speaking as an American- but do you realize how absurd your statement that this is the most racist nation on earth is?  His accomplishment of becoming the leader of the most powerful nation on earth is amazing and made more remarkable by the fact that he is the first Black man to do so.  This feat, however was only made possible by a majority of voting  (and as you would say - racist ) Americans.  There is a great deal of shame both past in present in the nations throughout this world, when it comes to racist or bigoted behavior, a great many with records far more egregious. I understand your emotional attachment to the argument, but please pull back on the hyperbole.

What you fail to realize is the only reason we have a black President is voters couldn't stomach the idea of 4/8 more years of anyone even remotely connected to George W. Bush. Bush left a stench in the Whitehouse that will take several administrations to remove. It might be a decade or more before the racist party can come up with a viable candidate. When their leadership proclaims on national television that they must protect the wealthy from higher taxes, they've lost touch with most Americans. Both parties suck when it comes to public safety verses the gun lobby. How can any American oppose background checks for gun ownership?

I remember when politicians were elected BECAUSE they were racist. At least we have advanced beyond that, but it still exists, just in a different form and a different party. We can thank John F. Kennedy and LBJ for that. We now have more deaths than births in the white population, and the people coming to America aren't coming from Europe and Australia. The dynamics are changing. I'd love to see how our laws will change when whites become a minority. Prejudice will always be here. At least now people have some sense of shame when it's revealed. That's some progress but Utopia ain't gonna happen in America, not when someone is always preaching one doctrine or another and creating differences that don't exist.

ONLY reason? Come on man

Absolutely. George W. Bush sped up the process by at least two decades. Even so, Obama only got about 36% of the white vote in both elections. Rather than taking pride in our country producing an articulate and intelligent black leader, we have republican legislators yelling out liar at him and shaking a finger in his face. That is disgraceful and disrespectful to the limit, and there is plenty more where that came from. You read it here and hear it in conversations everywhere. The basis for it is the color of the man's skin, and that is racism.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#53 : June 16, 2013, 09:02:58 AM

Obama = wuss

ONLY reason? Come on man

Absolutely. George W. Bush sped up the process by at least two decades. Even so, Obama only got about 36% of the white vote in both elections. Rather than taking pride in our country producing an articulate and intelligent black leader, we have republican legislators yelling out liar at him and shaking a finger in his face. That is disgraceful and disrespectful to the limit, and there is plenty more where that came from. You read it here and hear it in conversations everywhere. The basis for it is the color of the man's skin, and that is racism.

Wow.  Just wow.

Also, racism = getting 93% of the vote from people with the same skin color-- despite some political views that most "church going blacks hate"...

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#54 : June 16, 2013, 09:28:49 AM

For the amount of money that 2005 season and ring cost, if that was my ring the next thing he would have been putting in that pocket was his teeth. The most current US and Russian relation would have been my right to his jaw.

Hope you like cutting down trees in Siberia....
With my ring on my finger.. Sure

internet tough guy.  lol.  if you aren ever in a setting like this i seriously doubt you would react violently towards Putin or any government official (especially one surrounded by security).  More likely if Putin demanded your ring you'd also hand him your wallet and gold chain then go home and change your underwear.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#55 : June 16, 2013, 10:11:51 AM

Can you imagine an entire section of  NFL fans making monkey gestures to, say, Adrian Peterson?  How about a section of fans chanting "Adolf Hitler is Coming For You" to a player with a Jewish name?

These are things that actually happened THIS YEAR in soccer matches in England and England isn't even known for racism in football, at least not as bad as one will find in Italy.  Speaking of Italy, can you imagine a US Congressperson using a racial slur to describe a black member of Congress?  Well, that and MORE just happened in Italy:

One politician from a party that not long ago ruled in a coalition derided what he called Italy's new "bonga bonga government." On Wednesday, amid increasing revulsion over the reaction, the government authorized an investigation into neo-fascist websites whose members called Kyenge "Congolese monkey" and other epithets.
Kyenge, 48, was born in Congo and moved to Italy three decades ago to study medicine. An eye surgeon, she lives in Modena with her Italian husband and two children. She was active in local center-left politics before winning a seat in the lower Chamber of Deputies in February elections.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/05/01/racist-taunts-greet-appointment-italy-1st-black-minister-highlighting-race/

You should get out and see the world before saying anything else about America being the most racist country.  Foolish.

+1

Absolutely nailed it. Complete and utter foolishness from 1sb.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#56 : June 16, 2013, 01:28:37 PM

Moscow (CNN) -- Russia's president is fighting back: No, he did not steal a Super Bowl ring. And no, he's not rocking the diamond-encrusted prize on his finger, either.

President Vladimir Putin's spokesman denied accusations that the leader kept a Super Bowl ring that New England Patriots' owner Robert Kraft wanted back.
Both sides agree that the ring, with its 124 diamonds, changed hands during Kraft's visit to St. Petersburg, Russia, in 2005.
"I took out the ring and showed it to (Putin). And he put it on and he goes, 'I can kill someone with this ring,'" Kraft said, according to the New York Post. "I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out."

Kraft made the comments at an awards gala Thursday night in New York.
A few days after the incident occurred, amid confusion as to whether the ring was a present or was kept by mistake, Kraft issued a statement that said it was a gift.
That's the way Putin sees it, the president's spokesman said Sunday.
"What Mr. Kraft is saying now is weird," Dmitry Peskov said. "I was standing 20 centimeters away from him and Mr. Putin and saw and heard how Mr. Kraft gave this ring as a gift."

The 4.94-carat ring is in the Kremlin's library, where all official state gifts are kept, he said.
Kraft said when he demanded his ring back, the White House intervened and asked him to claim it was a gift to Putin to avoid souring relations with Russia, according to the Post. As a patriot, Kraft says, he played along. The White House has not responded to the claim.
The New England Patriots declined to comment Saturday.

The jewelry is worth more than $15,000, according to multiple reports from 2005, but Kraft said it had sentimental value due to his name being engraved on it.
There is some solace for Kraft, as he also received rings for the Patriots' Super Bowl victories in the 2001 and 2003 seasons.
Super Bowl rings can fetch much more when they are auctioned, depending on who wore them. The 1991 Super Bowl ring of Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor sold last year at auction for more than $230,000. There were rumors Charlie Sheen bought the ring, but the actor later denied it.

At least one ring has been used to raise money for charity. In 2008, former Patriots defensive player Je'Rod Cherry raffled off one of his three rings to raise $150,000 for several children's charities.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/16/world/europe/russia-putin-ring/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#57 : June 16, 2013, 01:29:29 PM

+1

Absolutely nailed it. Complete and utter foolishness from 1sb.

Amen!

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#58 : June 16, 2013, 01:33:23 PM

Obama = wuss

Most racist country on the planet??? you are horribly ignorant.  We aren't even close to the bottom half.  Ever hear of India?  South Africa?  Pretty much  every third world country has some type of deep racial divide that results quite often in murder, genocide, slavery and indentured servitude.... Talk to a Hatian, or a Cuban about what "type" of people are on the bottom of the totem pole in those countries.  Please educate yourself and stop hating your own country.  Make it better instead.

My reference is to supposedly literate and educated countries, not where electricity is something new and exciting. Get over yourself.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#59 : June 16, 2013, 02:02:39 PM

Moscow (CNN) -- Russia's president is fighting back: No, he did not steal a Super Bowl ring. And no, he's not rocking the diamond-encrusted prize on his finger, either.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/16/world/europe/russia-putin-ring/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Had a feeling there was more to the story than Krafty was letting on.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Russian President Putin....a thief?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools