Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: According to ESPN Bucs aren't even an option to make the playoffs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#45 : June 15, 2013, 10:29:55 PM

Different sport but ESPN gave the Golden State Warriors a zero percent chance of making the playoffs this year and they won a series. As many have stated on this thread, these predictions mean jack **CENSORED**. All I know is that I have not expected more from a Bucs team, than I do of this one, in a long time. With the money this team has invested in players over the last few years and the Revis trade, which is really a once in a decade type transaction, playoffs are the expectation. Heads will roll if they don't make it. Look at the roster fellas. IF Freeman does his thing, one and done in the playoffs wouldn't be considered a successful season.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#46 : June 15, 2013, 10:51:48 PM

BIggers had horrific ball awareness. Guy could cover just fine and then NEVER make a play on the ball to prevent the WR from getting a reception. That is surely my recolection of watching him.

your recollection is correct.... having said that, i'd prefer him over Myron.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#47 : June 15, 2013, 10:59:45 PM

What? This is reality. The Buccaners coaches made Biggers the no.1 cb the last few years, not me. It was the coaches who thought he was better than those other guys and made him our no.1 cb, not me. That is all truth.

I dont go into the season expecting disappointment, i just know exactly what i am looking  at.

If you want to have blind faith in this organisation, go ahead, but Im going to evaluate everything for myself.

Must suck living life with a glass half empty mentality

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#48 : June 16, 2013, 03:09:04 AM

Biggers gets trashed by Buc fans. People act like he was the second coming of Tim Wansley.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#49 : June 16, 2013, 09:22:14 AM

Biggers gets trashed by Buc fans. People act like he was the second coming of Tim Wansley.

True ... that's unfair to Wansley .

Wansley got incinererated in one game and never really played again . Biggers has done it every game for years now. LOL

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#50 : June 16, 2013, 09:27:57 AM

Ok kook aid sipping homers, if the Bucs don't make the playoffs then Dom should be fired.  Might be a coaching issue as well.  Put your money where your mouth is.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#51 : June 16, 2013, 10:00:10 AM

Biggars had his moments, both good and bad. Still, he may have been a 5th CB at best.
If the staff felt his ceiling was higher, he'd be here instead of chest bump central.

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#52 : June 16, 2013, 10:39:17 AM

I absolutely do not wish injury on anyone.   However, I believe that the Bucs will not bench Freeman but that the Bucs will be a playoff team if Freeman goes down with an injury early in the season.   If Freeman stays healthy, the Bucs will end up with a losing record.
: June 16, 2013, 11:15:28 AM ClassAct

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#53 : June 16, 2013, 10:54:31 AM

Where did Ronde say this?  A 17 year pro basically said that Schianos defense was crap.  LOL...newsflash.  If we see that crap again and we finish 25 or worse on D I say fire the worthless bum and move on.  He's too stubborn.

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#54 : June 16, 2013, 11:16:16 AM

A 17 year pro basically said that Schianos defense was crap.  LOL...newsflash. 

It didn't take a 17 year vet to see that Schiano was in over his head in the NFL.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#55 : June 16, 2013, 11:21:58 AM

The funny thing is all the Schiano cheerleaders will make Sherridan the scapegoat but even Schiano himself has said it's his defense and Sheridan is just executing it. 

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#56 : June 16, 2013, 11:37:59 AM

1. Josh will throw 25+ TD and under 10 Ints.
2. Bucs will win the Division.
3. Tampa Bay will be in the playoffs with a bye.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#57 : June 16, 2013, 12:12:53 PM

I like schiano but I don't blame sheridan,  I blame the inferior talent level we had last season.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#58 : June 16, 2013, 12:22:20 PM

I like schiano but I don't blame sheridan,  I blame the inferior talent level we had last season.

How do you explain the 16th game then?  I attest it to that ATL just didn't care.  However, it even sounds like ROnde point s to that game as a game where the scheme was altered.  Weird because that was our least talented team yet probably one of the best defensively(in a completely revamped scheme).  How would you explain that?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#59 : June 16, 2013, 12:40:21 PM

I explain it by catching the Falcons by surprise. They probably prepared and game-planned for a more agressive style all week.

Fact is any sort of longterm success was not sustainable with that crappy secondary and D-line. Playcalling wasn't changing that.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: According to ESPN Bucs aren't even an option to make the playoffs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools