Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: According to ESPN Bucs aren't even an option to make the playoffs « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#60 : June 16, 2013, 01:01:16 PM

I LIKE the cold shoulder from ESPN; our chances of making the players just got better!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#61 : June 16, 2013, 01:11:24 PM

I like schiano but I don't blame sheridan,  I blame the inferior talent level we had last season.

How do you explain the 16th game then? I attest it to that ATL just didn't care.

I think you answered your own question!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#62 : June 16, 2013, 01:12:33 PM

Bucs have to prove it.  The QB has never been there, most of the team has never been there.

They deserved to get snubbed, revamped roster or not.  They have a lot to prove.  We all know revamped rosters all but assure NOTHING.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#63 : June 16, 2013, 02:10:26 PM

Ok kook aid sipping homers, if the Bucs don't make the playoffs then Dom should be fired.  Might be a coaching issue as well.  Put your money where your mouth is.
I think this istoo ssimplistic. Why didn't the Bucs make the playoffs?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#64 : June 16, 2013, 02:11:56 PM

I like schiano but I don't blame sheridan,  I blame the inferior talent level we had last season.

How do you explain the 16th game then? I attest it to that ATL just didn't care.

then why did they play their starters all game? You think these guys have no pride?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#65 : June 16, 2013, 02:17:34 PM

No the Falcons were trying. They had embarrassed themselves in the playoffs the last couple years and they wanted to enter on a winning note with some momentum.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#66 : June 16, 2013, 02:30:10 PM

then why did they play their starters all game? You think these guys have no pride?

They heads weren't in it.  They had already clinched.  Are you really going to say that had nothing to do with it.  They came out like they didn't care and once Smith chewed their asses at halftime they clearly outplayed us.  YOU see what you want.  I will go by our record. 

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#67 : June 16, 2013, 02:32:28 PM

Bucs have to prove it. The QB has never been there

From my research, and someone correct me if I'm wrong...our boy Freeman hasn't been to a postseason game since his junior year in high school(possibly soph).

Let me guess, he's been on bad teams his whole life....lol...stfu.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#68 : June 16, 2013, 02:40:56 PM

From my research, and someone correct me if I'm wrong...our boy Freeman hasn't been to a postseason game since his junior year in high school(possibly soph).

Knowing the situation, in High School his school (Grandview) was in a district with a high school team that recruits specifically for football. In college, he played under the worst coach Kansas State has had since the 1980's. No excuses, Freeman gets this year and that's it for me with him.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#69 : June 16, 2013, 02:51:29 PM

Knowing the situation, in High School his school (Grandview) was in a district with a high school team that recruits specifically for football. In college, he played under the worst coach Kansas State has had since the 1980's. No excuses, Freeman gets this year and that's it for me with him.

We've all seen QBs CARRY their teams.  He's going on a decade of not making any type of postseason game at any level.  That can't be coincidence, right?  It's everyone else.  IT's coaching.  It's new OC's or QBs coaches.  It's the defense.  It's special teams.  It's the weather.  It's global warming.  AT WHAT POINT CAN WE START TO BLAME JOSH FREEMAN!!!????

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#70 : June 16, 2013, 03:02:28 PM

They heads weren't in it.  They had already clinched.  Are you really going to say that had nothing to do with it.  They came out like they didn't care and once Smith chewed their asses at halftime they clearly outplayed us.  YOU see what you want.  I will go by our record.
they barely beat us game 1...I don't think it's crazy that we were able to beat them in game 2. You tell me tony G laid down? I don't buy it. These guys don't get to that level by laying down. And if it didn't matter to them, why would smith chew them out?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#71 : June 16, 2013, 03:06:20 PM

I have no doubt that Smith wanted to win but as a player, why put forth maximum effort in a meaningless game?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#72 : June 16, 2013, 03:13:23 PM

Its all of the above. I dont know how much Ive said it but its a TEAM GAME!! Coaching, defense, Freeman, injuries all played a factor into last seasons no playoffs. It will play a huge factor this year too. You can point to times in the season where you saw at least one of those **CENSORED** up. However from a fans POV, its always either on the coach or QB. Which is fine and I see the logic in that but theres so much going on, so many variables playing together that its not just on one or two things. Maybe people will simplify that so much that they will just call those other things "excuses" but the fact is those things are a factor. And even when a team wins a football game its not all perfect but the fact that we win the game makes all those other mistakes pretty much nonexistent. Theres still mistakes going on all over the team from the coach to STs  but not enough to lose. Then when that loss happens all you see is whats "wrong". For the Bucs to make the playoffs this year it all needs to working well enough to do that. Its gonna have to be a team effort. Defense cant be letting up big points like it did last year. Freemans gotta be hitting his receivers better on the short intermediate range and will have to make better decisions than he had. STs will have to play much better. Schiano is gonna have to make better in game decisions and will probably have to be more flexible with calling his defense. Sheridan will have to do the same. Our lines have to stay healthy. I mean the whole team will have to be able to stay healthy enough. Run game will have to keep it up. As will our WRs. If those slip then thats an entirely different problem we didnt necessarily have last year. See what I mean by all these factors playing it all?? Its never on just one thing. It all works together. 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#73 : June 16, 2013, 03:15:29 PM

I have no doubt that Smith wanted to win but as a player, why put forth maximum effort in a meaningless game?

Because they have pride and its important to have momentum going into the playoffs. See how crappy they played in that playoffs? Anybody who has played a sport knows the mental part is always a factor. Maybe some players had the same mentality as what you describe above, Id argue those guys dont know the value of positive momentum. and how much thats a factor in winning in the playoffs.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#74 : June 16, 2013, 03:40:45 PM

Not giving maximum effort can you you seriously hurt in football , for 1 thing....

For another it leaves you with embarrassing film that no prideful player wants in circulation .

No , the Falcons were hoping to enter the playoffs on a high ....if they thought it meaningless the backups would have been playing. Plain and simple.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: According to ESPN Bucs aren't even an option to make the playoffs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools