Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Game of Thrones « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#60 : April 08, 2014, 03:32:24 PM

And yet Jon Snow remains alive.   

You know enough about this series not to bet on that

**SPOILER ALERT***

Or if you've read the end of " Dance with Dragons". We are not sure that Jon is still alive or not.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#61 : April 08, 2014, 04:17:33 PM

Interesting theory on who Jon Snow really is:

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/FAQ/Entry/2291/

anyone read this?  Basically suggest that Ned isn't Jon's father.  He is the child of rhaegar targaryen and lysanna stark.  he would have been protecting him by claiming he was his bastard.  also explains why he sent him to the wall. we all know Ned is too honorable to fathered a bastard.   would also possibly give Snow a claim to the throne.  I think its very logical.
sounds intersting, but he certainly doesn't have the look of a targaryen! Not during if the addressed that in the article, it was pretty long
I don't read the books and only skimmed that link, but perhaps an argument would be the Targaryens were born of incest which kept the theoretically recessive genes of fair hair and fair eyes continuous. If you were to introduce a gene pool with dominant genes of dark hair and dark eyes, they would win out in most cases.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#62 : April 08, 2014, 07:45:10 PM

The way I see it is that Jon Snow is the true hero of the series.  The war Robert won was started over Lysanna between Robert and Rhaegar.  He would be the product of that union.   Over the course of 15 years or so it has led to the destruction of both houses.  And yet Jon Snow remains alive.   The series is called a song of ice and fire.  Ice for the Starks and fire for the Targaryen.
agree, I could certainly see it go down this way. Arya and bran are dark horses to make some noise also.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#63 : April 08, 2014, 08:52:19 PM

Interesting theory on who Jon Snow really is:

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/FAQ/Entry/2291/

anyone read this?  Basically suggest that Ned isn't Jon's father.  He is the child of rhaegar targaryen and lysanna stark.  he would have been protecting him by claiming he was his bastard.  also explains why he sent him to the wall. we all know Ned is too honorable to fathered a bastard.   would also possibly give Snow a claim to the throne.  I think its very logical.
sounds intersting, but he certainly doesn't have the look of a targaryen! Not during if the addressed that in the article, it was pretty long
I don't read the books and only skimmed that link, but perhaps an argument would be the Targaryens were born of incest which kept the theoretically recessive genes of fair hair and fair eyes continuous. If you were to introduce a gene pool with dominant genes of dark hair and dark eyes, they would win out in most cases.
This is pretty much accurate.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#64 : April 08, 2014, 09:58:11 PM

S&B - this enforces your theory. http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Lyanna_Stark

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#65 : April 09, 2014, 06:11:01 AM

That Howland Reed guy would be the only living person to know the truth. 

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#66 : April 09, 2014, 07:38:45 AM

That Howland Reed guy would be the only living person to know the truth.
Here's that backstory for anyone who didn't read the books and doesn't know what S&B is talking about.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Showdown_at_the_Tower_of_Joy

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#67 : April 13, 2014, 10:03:13 PM

Bye bye joffery.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#68 : April 13, 2014, 10:11:12 PM

Boom!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#69 : April 14, 2014, 10:03:48 AM

One other point...in the books the brother and sister that are with Bran are Howland Reeds kids.  In the series I don't believe they said that or st least made it clear.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#70 : April 14, 2014, 10:36:58 AM

They did mention it. In the series Jojen talks about how the only time he saw his dad cry was when he told him he saw Ned Stark die in one of his dreams.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#71 : April 14, 2014, 05:28:37 PM

It's fun when something happens in the series and people who didn't read the books argue with one another about who done it. People are blaming  Margaery Tyrell and Lady Olenna Redwyne for Joffrey's murder.. I want to be like, "that's nooot ittt..." but I say nothing. lol

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

#72 : April 14, 2014, 10:50:56 PM

Last night's ending was the best EVER!!!!! I hope it was more painful than it looked.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#73 : Yesterday at 07:20:12 AM

So is Stannis and Melisandre's Leech curse really working to kill all these false kings , or is it just coincidence ??  Question to ponder ;)

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#74 : Yesterday at 07:06:58 PM

I am assuming that would make Balon Grayjoy next on this list.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Game of Thrones « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools