Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not a fan of Bloomberg, but this is the correct approach « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#15 : Yesterday at 05:44:02 PM

I understand that power corrupts; and the biggest, most powerful entity that most citizens will ever face, and the greatest danger to their safety and well being, is their own government.

It has always been thus, and so shall it ever be, regardless of how loudly you champion your ill informed opinions.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#16 : Yesterday at 06:06:25 PM

I understand that power corrupts; and the biggest, most powerful entity that most citizens will ever face, and the greatest danger to their safety and well being, is their own government.

It has always been thus, and so shall it ever be, regardless of how loudly you champion your ill informed opinions.

Haha, we are having a conversation in a thread about a fact I correctly predicted months ago (i.e, if all reasonable restrictions were refused they would be implemented by force) and you still can't help yourself but to call my opinions "ill informed" after just saying that people with my views are "useful idiots."

Lol. It's been an honor to be in your presence, if only for this brief moment.
: Yesterday at 06:08:01 PM VinBucFan

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#17 : Yesterday at 06:13:21 PM

Btw Illuminator, when your freedom to have a private stockpile of assault weapons is stripped away you'll have the corrupt power of the NRA to blame .... although I suppose you'll blame all those useful idiots who can't handle freedom.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#18 : Yesterday at 06:34:37 PM

It would seem that the aforementioned implementation and the successful prognostication thereof are much exaggerated.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#19 : Yesterday at 06:38:25 PM

It would seem that the aforementioned implementation and the successful prognostication thereof are much exaggerated.

Damn....and here I was hoping you would acknowledge that I was correct!  ;)

Oh well, a guy can dream. Lol.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#20 : Yesterday at 07:52:26 PM

I have posted that the unreasonable refusal to expect any reasonable restrictive measure may lead to the decision being taken out of gun owner's hands . . .

Do as we say voluntarily, or you will do as we say involuntarily.

Haven't I heard of that one somewhere before?

Spartan, just to close the point precisely, let's use your actual words. Hypothetically speaking, if "we" means non-gun owners and "you" means gun owners, then when "we" tell you at some point in the future to "do as we say involuntarily," as you suggest, what will "you" point to from the past as the voluntary proposals that was ignored?  Get the point?  There is not one, right?  In the wake of Sandy Hook and other events, the mouthpiece for gun owners, the NRA has refused any reasonable restrictions on guns, right? The NRA solution is to arm more people and to arm schools, right? (but not at the cost of a tax on guns,lol)

Even if you disagree on gun control, which is fine, do you see the point from a pure negotiating perspective?  You cannot complain about the outcome of an event when you cede control to others because you put it in other's hands . . .  "You" might win it all with that approach, but "you" could also lose it all . .  but that was the choice "you" made by refusing to negotiate in good faith. You've only been able to ignore the other side for as long as you have because the other side was not organized and did not have MONEY . .  looks like that could be changing.

I know many here would disagree, but I think the best outcome has always been to negotiate in good faith. There is a rightful place for guns in society, but guns are not the issue, gun maker profits are the issue.

Not sure how many times I have said this Vin, it is not a case of saying no to everything, it's a case of saying no to things that don't address the so called problem.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#21 : Yesterday at 07:55:33 PM

Same thing Spartan. What do you offer?

DonkeyHunter

Pro Bowler

#22 : Yesterday at 08:22:03 PM

Btw Illuminator, when your freedom to have a private stockpile of assault weapons is stripped away you'll have the corrupt power of the NRA to blame .... although I suppose you'll blame all those useful idiots who can't handle freedom.

Isn't going to happen. And, that's not the problem.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#23 : Yesterday at 08:42:46 PM

Isn't going to happen. And, that's not the problem.

Of course it's not, but simpletons will be simpletons and hyperbole is the specialty of some
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not a fan of Bloomberg, but this is the correct approach « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools