Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Former Gator Aaron Hernandez questioned in murder.... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 84

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #870 : July 22, 2013, 11:24:09 AM »

Can't you guys just agree that you both produce a lot of criminals and put this thing to rest?
  I've already said that ... multiple times . I've never suggested otherwise. The argument lies in the hypocrisy of the FSU fan pretending their hands are clean .  Frankly I know arrests come with the territory when you are landing top flight recruits. Most of them come from the inner cities. I don't care so long as we keep kicking their ass every year.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« #871 : July 22, 2013, 12:15:50 PM »

I was being cynical. This is one of the few arguments you'll see where both sides are losing.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #872 : July 22, 2013, 12:33:23 PM »

As evidenced by :

34-21-2

...one side definitely seems to be losing more than the other ...

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #873 : July 22, 2013, 01:41:42 PM »

None of this bickering matters because come Sept 7th and Nov 2nd my Hurricanes are going to kick the shlt out of both your teams full of current and future convicts, then you two can ride the wave of butthurt together..

Y'all mad?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #874 : July 22, 2013, 01:50:00 PM »

runole - i think you missed this one.

I always thought Bowden dealt with the issues exactly like I would.
odd, you told me that you would have suspended antonio morrison an entire year for fighting/battery.  yet how did bowden punish sebastian janikowski for the exact same crime?

ironically enough, janikowski also had issues trying to bribe a law enforcement officer...quite similar to morrison not having enough sense to not antagonize a K9 dog.

edit:  for reference sake, so you dont have to go back to see exactly what you said...

As to punishment for assault and battery. I would say at least a years suspension.   

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #875 : July 22, 2013, 02:36:43 PM »

Love the spirit , youngone , lol.

I can respect confidence from rival fans . What I don't respect is the hypocritical whining of criminole fan.

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #876 : July 22, 2013, 08:41:29 PM »

runole - i think you missed this one.

I always thought Bowden dealt with the issues exactly like I would.
odd, you told me that you would have suspended antonio morrison an entire year for fighting/battery.  yet how did bowden punish sebastian janikowski for the exact same crime?

ironically enough, janikowski also had issues trying to bribe a law enforcement officer...quite similar to morrison not having enough sense to not antagonize a K9 dog.

edit:  for reference sake, so you dont have to go back to see exactly what you said...

As to punishment for assault and battery. I would say at least a years suspension.   

Janokowski  was late for curfew so I really have no clue of what you are speaking.  He was arrested twice after he turned pro after the bowl game in both cases he was found not guilty of course that really had nothing to do with Bowden since he was no longer with the team.   Keep trying...   Isn't it interesting How I answer your questions and you won't answer mine?   very telling...

If you can find a situation where a player was charged with Assault and battery and 35 days later was arrested again for resisting arrest where Bowden only suspended the player for 2 games let me know.

Both Sean Key and Mario  Edwards had to sit for a year.    Both had similar offenses to Morrison but got no second chance they sat for the year..

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1998-08-10/sports/9808100140_1_mario-edwards-sean-key-florida-state    NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXT!  :D
« : July 22, 2013, 08:50:43 PM Runole »

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #877 : July 22, 2013, 10:42:26 PM »

this is from wiki - is it incorrect?

Janikowski's career at FSU was not without incident. In August 1998, he got into a fight outside of a Tallahassee bar and was charged with failure to leave the premises; he pleaded no contest to the misdemeanor offense. That same year, the night after a season-ending win over rival Florida, Janikowski got into a fight at a local bar and was charged with battery.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #878 : July 23, 2013, 05:36:10 AM »

So when discussing the actual BUC team, I make a post and get this:

Bowers has been my breakout candidate since Bennett left. As long as he is healthy I think he will deliver for us.
I sure hope so. Some people seem to think this is a given, and it is not, but I can see it happening and my fingers are crossed that it does. I think the biggest hurdle is just him staying healthy all year.
+1 Lets hope he returns to form after injury.
The form he had before his college injury.  And his pro injury.
Want him to do it, really think it won't happen though.  At least not for more than a brief time before re-injury, maybe not at all.
Mr. Sunshine - lightn the hell up -

But then when there is a lame college topic you roll with this:

I thought the horse's  remarks were funny.  Trying to lighten the mood.  :D  Obviously, there is not a lot humor present at this time despite a little attempt at levity on my part.

Seems your levity was missed completely even it is just me -

UF fans continue with the excuse making.   As we can see the UF football players just can't stop providing material.

I don't know about that - I just saw the part where you were being egged on - which is folks playing you

Pop an Artery?    Hardly...

Just telling you how you are coming off

I just enjoy watching the gator fan base stick their head in the sand,  make excuses, and deflect.  While a positive response would be nice that is probably too much to expect.  I just think it is my civic duty to all that honor sportsman ship and doing the right things to point out the proper direction for UF to go.  Hey it is just a small step but perhaps it will be a first step in changing "a  culture" which most recently contributed to a murder? murders? by a UF Pro football player. The fact that two of his team mates at UF also pro football players continue to support him continues to be troubling . Unless you are part of the solution you are a part of the problem.

That there is a lot of bs.

As you castigate me for being weird?  I think a better term would be you have a problem with someone speaking out frankly and honestly.  Actually I can readily see why you would think it is weird because it is such a rarity to ever see anything that doesn't paint UF in the most positive light regardless of any less than desirable incident at the college especially the football team.  Lets just say I am educating anyone that reads this thread on how well UF keeps things out of the public eye while throwing stones at everyone else. Dan Jenkins stated it well "The arrogance of Notre Dame the tradition of Wake Forest."  As Urban Meyer claimed to the world what a great disciplinarian he is we now know the truth.  Urban is a Liar.   We also know that UF football players are consistently getting away with criminal behavior and UF is keeping them on the field at all costs.

You are an easy target because you are so extreme and condescending.  You asked about weird - I opted to answer.  I did add the under the rock part - happy it caught your attention.  Perhaps now if you could keep college ball on the college board a lot of this can be avoided.  I am neither a Gator or Nole fan, but I do know you can find the Gator fans readily available to dispute whose worse or better on anything - on the college board.

If Muschamp is the tough disciplinarian GameTime asserts, I will agree with him and give Muschamp nothing but praise for doing the right thing.  I actually like Muschamp and hopefully he doesn't become assimilated and makes a strong stand.   Talk is cheap Urban said the same things.   Patiently I await.

Good - wait on the College board - where it belongs.  And frankly, waiting for an outcome might save everyone a wade through chest deep dislike you clearly have for UF.

If this thread accomplishes anything it is defining the UF fan base well by their remarks.   Free Shoes U!   Warsaw Rules!  Dillards!  Eating a hotdog!   Praying for a misdemeanor?  somehow those  rather pale in comparison to what is going on at UF. IMO

Let me help answer the accomplishment - it is zip.  Zero, nada, nothing.  You continuously participate with this topic without impact.  I suspect you like the repartee and anonymity. 

Funny, how they made front page news in all the states sport sections don't you think? That is why I think it is noteworthy to see an actual article critical of UF in print by state papers.  It is such an extreme rarity and it indeed is weird.  Of course it would appear as the late Paul Harvey would say  "NOW WE KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY".

There is nothing funny there - you might enjoy it - but I don't think that is because it is funny. 

Of course the Florida media still soft ball the UF issues, but it is a start with the national attention that UF is drawing to the issue.  There most certainly is a Pulitzer prize waiting for a ambitious journalist in Gainesville on this issue.

I wasn't born in Florida - but I do believe I have recollection of some issues that have arisen in Tallahassee.  I don't like it any less when it involves Noles.

DBuc  What would  Schiano do? would he be weird also?
I don't know what Schiano would do - after watching him and Dominick address Wright's issues. 

As to the weird that seems to have caused some concern - you are coming to the PewterReport Tampa Bay Buccaneer board to challenge and trade insults with folks over FSU and UF - sure don't need that here - on a bucs board - perhaps the College section, or perhaps just let the issue alone

who needs to lighten up again ?

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #879 : July 23, 2013, 06:20:17 AM »

this is from wiki - is it incorrect?

Janikowski's career at FSU was not without incident. In August 1998, he got into a fight outside of a Tallahassee bar and was charged with failure to leave the premises; he pleaded no contest to the misdemeanor offense. That same year, the night after a season-ending win over rival Florida, Janikowski got into a fight at a local bar and was charged with battery.

As far as I know Janokowski was never charged or arrested for either incident  perhaps he had Cervone and Johnson represent him?  :D  wiki is not the most accurate source for information ( probably a gator fan put the info there! LOL).  I would suggest looking at the department of corrections to get the mug shots like several I posted for UF players. If you find his mugshot there for those incidents I will stand corrected.  See how integrity and honesty work? You should try it sometime instead of just playing this game of dodge ball ,deflection, or shoot the messenger

Again are you disgustingly trying to compare Zook, slime ball Meyer or now Muschamp with his (2) game suspension of Morrison  to Bowden? and his (1) year suspensions of Edwards and Key?

All those gator coaches couldn't hold Bowden's jock strap when it comes to integrity ,decency, honesty,and ethics. He certainly isn't perfect but compared to UF coaches there is no comparison.

Don't bring up  poor sport winner or loser Spurrier who says "our players don't ride in fancy cars like those FSU players" ( paraphrased) or  "free shoes U" Ironically ,TANK BLACK right under his nose was doing far more than that! Talk about putting your foot in your mouth! LOL

You are starting to get on the level of Delorous comparing James WIlder to the entire UF football team of miscreants.  :o

Speaking of hypocrisy isn't that exactly what every gator fan has done on this entire thread.  According to DJ Everything at FSU is just as bad or worse and then there is the constant failure to answer any questions I have posed.  Why is that? Are all gator fans just patently dishonest and not willing to be forthright in addressing such issues?  I sure hope not because that certainly reflects horribly on the school.

Face the music and accept it, quit making stupid excuses and deflections. Why can't you do that?

As I pointed out accurately Edwards and Key were suspended for similar incidents to Morrison with one critical exception..... it didn't take 2 arrests in 35 days to get them suspended,and it was just as I stated ( A one year suspension not 2 games)  Why is it so hard for you to admit UF is screwing up with its procedures of its criminal athletes?   Hey FSU has had bad apples but there is a distinct difference in the way FSU handles that stuff and UF.  Perhaps you should start listing the "star" players AT UF that have been kicked off long before multiple arrests and issues occurred.  I have already pointed to several at FSU.

So how big of a hole are you planning to dig?

So lets see you bring up Jano and DJ and others bring up Wilder ( which is ridiculous) how is that dealing with the issue facing UF?    Is that also a GATOR THANG?   Not a very desirable character trait IMO.

Hey I have a great idea!!    Why not just admit UF has a problem that needs to be corrected and you are embarrassed by the way these miscreants are being dealt with?discussion over....     SEE HOW SIMPLE THAT IS?  Why is that so difficult?

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #880 : July 23, 2013, 06:57:41 AM »

For those not familiar with UF issues this thread has supplied a ton of information I readily imagine that this news might come as a total shock which is why it is important.

Thug behavior needs to be curtailed at these college programs.  As UF fans have shown throughout this thread they refuse to remotely recognize there is a problem despite the evidence right in front of their face.

FSU fans are disgusted and disappointed with Dent and his issues and have stated this often.    How that plays out doesn't look good.

Hey Muschamp has made a similar statement about Morrison (I guess that is why I like him but I do believe his punishment is a bit too weak.)   Apparently those not familiar with UF have been unaware of the way UF has hidden and ignored these issues for years. Until the Hernandez murder charge has anyone ever seen anything this critical of UF? Looking  through the thread I doubt many have read any of this stuff before about UF? That is the most troubling issue with the state media.    As I pointed out early in the thread when UF got hit with incredible sanctions in 1984 they really made some sort of a mission statement that they would keep everything under the rug even better from that point on.  Oh there was a brief moment when Galen Hall was brought under scrutiny but other than that it has been tighter than a drum in Gainesville.  Nothing to see!   Perhaps some remember the UF reporter from Orlando that Meyer confronted and went off on?   It is time for the fans of football in the state of Florida realize that this method of operation at UF needs to be changed.

If you can't acknowledge the issues in Gainesville are serious you are a part of the problem.  There are possibly multiple murders associated with lauded UF player Hernandez.  This behavior was certainly reinforced at UF.  That needs to change.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #881 : July 23, 2013, 07:46:09 AM »

34-21-2 .

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #882 : July 23, 2013, 09:39:29 AM »

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #883 : July 23, 2013, 11:38:32 AM »

As far as I know Janokowski was never charged or arrested for either incident  perhaps he had Cervone and Johnson represent him?  :D  wiki is not the most accurate source for information ( probably a gator fan put the info there! LOL).  I would suggest looking at the department of corrections to get the mug shots like several I posted for UF players. If you find his mugshot there for those incidents I will stand corrected.  See how integrity and honesty work? You should try it sometime instead of just playing this game of dodge ball ,deflection, or shoot the messenger

Again are you disgustingly trying to compare Zook, slime ball Meyer or now Muschamp with his (2) game suspension of Morrison  to Bowden? and his (1) year suspensions of Edwards and Key?

All those gator coaches couldn't hold Bowden's jock strap when it comes to integrity ,decency, honesty,and ethics. He certainly isn't perfect but compared to UF coaches there is no comparison.

As I pointed out accurately Edwards and Key were suspended for similar incidents to Morrison with one critical exception..... it didn't take 2 arrests in 35 days to get them suspended,and it was just as I stated ( A one year suspension not 2 games) 
i am not comparing morrison to anyone except janikowski.  maybe robin freeman taught cervone some tricks?  http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1356&dat=19981210&id=zNVPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=MggEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4441,631322

i couldnt remember the mario edwards incident...so i googled it.  edwards hit a girl.  pretty big difference than punching a guy, at least in my opinion.  edwards was also suspended by the school, but a student committee.  edwards was not suspended by bowden.  actually, bowden has a quote about the incident.  ``He's out of school, so he's off the team. You hate it, but that's the ruling,'' coach Bobby Bowden said. ``He would have been a starter for us at corner. We'll miss him. I thought [he would miss) a couple of games, but we'll abide by it.''  bowden had nothing to do with the suspension!  and it appears the suspension would have been similar to morrisons had bowden actually been in charge.  http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1997-08-23/sports/9708230036_1_edwards-plans-mario-edwards-backup

this is what was posted about sean key - Key could learn his fate with the university this week after he makes another appearance before the school's student judicial committee. Seminoles coach Bobby Bowden said he could not change Key's status with the team until after the hearing.

''It's in the hands of our university,'' Bowden said. ''I'd like to know something one way or another. I'm hoping we do (get Key back), but we lost Mario Edwards. They'll do what's right.'' 

so bowden didnt play much of a role in that suspension either.  and im pretty sure that bowden isnt the one who forced randy moss out of tally either.  but keep hanging your hat on Bowdens Justice.

as for deflecting, ill answer any question.  just dont hide it in a mindless diatribe about tank black.

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #884 : July 23, 2013, 01:50:39 PM »

James Wilder ! James WIlder! 

Janikowski!  Janikowski !  Janikowski!   He was cleared of battery charges.. 

So when Morrison gets cleared come back to me! LOL   Are you really trying to compare  Robin Freeman as similar to Cervone and Johnson?   I guess that is like saying Tebow negates all UF criminals   or James Wilder is the same as all the 40 plus arrests made at UF during the Meyer and Muschamp eras...  GOOD LORD!!

34-21-2  34-21-2 34-21-2

Mario Edwards  and Sean Key  Bobby Bowden

Meanwhile getting back to the issue of the thread!

espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/i...cording-sources

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/...in-gainesville/

blogs.thescore.com/nfl/2013/07...-2007-shooting/

A GUY SHOOTS 2 PEOPLE, IS NAMED AS A UF FOOTBALL PLAYER, AND A FORMER PLAYER, AND THEY ALL KNOW THEM AS UF FOOTBALL PLAYERS, YET THE NEXT DAY, THE POLICE CAN RULE THEM OUT COMPLETELY IN AN ATTEMPTED MURDER OF 2 PEOPLE??!!!!

"As they were waiting for the light to change, the Hawaiian football player and Reggie Nelson walked up to their car on the right side," according to the police report, which cited what Cason told detectives. "Then without saying a work [sic], the Hawaiian pointed a small handgun in the front right window and fired five quick shots. Cason saw Smith slump over with blood coming out of the back of the head, at which time the Hawaiian and Nelson took off running towards McDonald's."

The police report says that Nelson and Hernandez had been in The Venue nightclub along with two other Gators players, Mike and Maurkice Pouncey, twin brothers who now both play in the NFL. After the shooting, investigators interviewed Cason at Shands Hospital. Cason was described as distraught and emotional, and an officer indicated Cason said several times "it should have been him that had been shot and not Cory [sic]." Cason told investigators that a week earlier his brother had gotten into an altercation with several Florida football players.

Nelson told investigators that he was at The Venue with several friends that night. He said he later saw Aaron Hernandez and the Pouncey twins, and Hernandez told him that one of the twins had his necklace snatched by Cason. After the club closed, Nelson said, one of the twins confirmed the story to him. Nelson said he went to speak to Cason, advised that he didn't want any trouble, and the two parted on good terms. He said he was not on West University Avenue, the street where the shooting took place, when Smith and Glass were shot.

Two days after the shooting, Gainesville police Lt. Keith Kameg was quoted in the Orlando Sentinel as saying neither Hernandez nor Nelson was a suspect. Police have also said that they briefly interviewed Hernandez about the shooting. But, according to the police report, Hernandez declined to speak to Gainesville police nine days after the shooting. Hernandez's name is redacted from the report because he was 17 and considered a minor at the time. However, there is one reference to Hernandez in which his name is not redacted. In that section under "Aaron Hernandez," the report says detectives attempted to speak to Hernandez on Oct. 9 but that "he invoked his right to counsel."

That same day Cason, who had originally said Nelson and the Hawaiian or Hispanic male were the suspects, "rescinded his identification of Aaron Hernandez and Reggie Nelson," according to the report. While Hernandez's name was redacted in the document, it was the first time the report indicated that Cason had positively identified Hernandez as the shooter at some point.
"Outside the Lines" left messages for Cason, Glass and now retired Gainesville detective Patty Nixon, but they were not returned.

http://www.thevictoryformation.com/2013/07/03/otl- hernandez-was-identified-as-alleged-shooter-in-200 7-incident/

Hernandez was identified as alleged shooter in 2007 incident UPDATED

According to Cason’s statement to police, the shooter was a “Hawaiian” or “Hispanic” male, about 6’3″ or 6’4″, weighing around 230-240 pounds, with had a lot of tattoos. He was accompanied by a black male. According to a later reference in the police report, Cason identified the two as Hernandez and Nelson.

Seriously are you really trying to compare Robin Freeman to Cervone?   Really?? :o

Enough of the FSU nonsense......... DEAL WITH THE ISSUES AT UF!  and state your opinion on them....

Page: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 84
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Former Gator Aaron Hernandez questioned in murder.... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools