Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DOJ: Gun violence down, semi-automatics a minor issue « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#60 : June 20, 2013, 12:52:26 PM

Not many people sell used liquor, Vin. Is there a point your trying to make?

Just that CBW's prior comment was not hyperbolic.

Yes, it's easier to buy a gun than a case of beer.

uhhh . . . now Buggsy. .  . . dont go trying to slightly shift the debate . . .  you did your usual nonsense, clubbing yourself over the head with a thoughtless response . . .  now you're just trying to reframe the debate to save yourself . . . from yourself

lolz @ "shift the debate"

Of course, this varies from region to region, but generally speaking, it's easier to get a gun than it is to buy a case of beer if you don't have a head full of gray hair in some regions of the country.

You're dumbass doesn't even know what it's arguing against anymore.

My favorite Buggsy moment is when you call me dumb . .  . we were discussing your response, not CBW's comment . . . but you know that . . . like I said, try to run, run, run from your own blunder

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#61 : June 20, 2013, 01:01:50 PM

we were discussing your response, not CBW's comment . . . but you know that . . . like I said, try to run, run, run from your own blunder

"We" were?  You gotta mouse in your pocket, Counselor?

This is obviously why you're incapable of having any type of honest discussion on this forum.  Your false premises are the genesis of any discussion, and it goes nowhere.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#62 : June 20, 2013, 01:11:19 PM

we were discussing your response, not CBW's comment . . . but you know that . . . like I said, try to run, run, run from your own blunder

"We" were?  You gotta mouse in your pocket, Counselor?

This is obviously why you're incapable of having any type of honest discussion on this forum.  Your false premises are the genesis of any discussion, and it goes nowhere.

that's right, you dont "discuss" much of anything . .  at least not for long . .  you prefer the Bam Bam Buggsy stuff.

As for the false premise -- I dont think you even understand what those words mean --  anyone can go back and look at the discussion and see the timing of the comments . . and the whole conversation. .  . . but you keep trying to regain your balance after clubbing yourself in the head . . . again

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#63 : June 24, 2013, 01:59:56 PM

Are you ready to have an honest discussion yet, Vin? This report deals a major blow to your "I want to cut back on gun deaths" argument. If you truly wanted to cut back on gun deaths, suicide is the place to start, it accounts for more gun deaths than all other sources combined. Next largest source for gun deaths is gang activity and the battle over drug turf. Not something you want to tackle. No, according to you, the place to start is by focusing on one tiny little part of the problem - that just happens to get the most press coverage.

The only solution shown to be affective here is to address the underlying social issues. Unfortunately, that just doesn't fit your agenda, so you'll keep ignoring the facts.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#64 : June 24, 2013, 02:15:15 PM

Are you ready to have an honest discussion yet, Vin? This report deals a major blow to your "I want to cut back on gun deaths" argument. If you truly wanted to cut back on gun deaths, suicide is the place to start, it accounts for more gun deaths than all other sources combined. Next largest source for gun deaths is gang activity and the battle over drug turf. Not something you want to tackle. No, according to you, the place to start is by focusing on one tiny little part of the problem - that just happens to get the most press coverage.

The only solution shown to be affective here is to address the underlying social issues. Unfortunately, that just doesn't fit your agenda, so you'll keep ignoring the facts.

And you'll keep on creating strawmen, makes you feel better perhaps

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#65 : June 24, 2013, 02:28:49 PM

Nothing legitimate to say on the subject?

The majority of gun deaths are suicides. Banning assault weapons will not change that.

The majority of gun homicides are committed with handguns. Banning assault weapons will not change that.

The majority of gun homicides are committed, and inflicted upon, gang members fighting the drug war. Banning assault weapons will not change that.

Give up this charade. If your real intentions were as you claim, then you're going about trying to solve the problem in the least effective way possible. It's clear that you've let your emotions get away with you, and now you're just bullheadedly trying to distort reality to fit your preconceived solutions, not minding whose rights you trample in the process.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#66 : June 24, 2013, 02:58:32 PM

Now you want to have a "decent conversation". Lol. My views on assault weapons, which you (intentionally) mischaracterize are all over these threads. Any guy who can find quotes from me from 2012 can surely find my thoughts on assault rifles, and suicide and the rest.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#67 : June 24, 2013, 03:02:56 PM

Your "views" have been revealed to lack any logical foundation for support. Care to buttress them, or are you just going to insist that this pile of rubble is a sturdy structure?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#68 : June 24, 2013, 03:08:06 PM

Your "views" have been revealed to lack any logical foundation for support. Care to buttress them, or are you just going to insist that this pile of rubble is a sturdy structure?

Translated: you can't support your BS strawman

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#69 : June 24, 2013, 03:13:34 PM

Now when you say "BS strawman," do you perhaps mean "undeniably legitimate study from the Department Of Justice"?

You can't engage in any type of valid debate, can you?

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#70 : June 24, 2013, 03:21:38 PM

Firearms-related homicides declined 39 percent between 1993 and 2011, firearm ownership rose during that same period.

Nonfatal firearms crimes fell 69 percent between 1993 and 2011, firearm ownership rose during that same period.

Where is the positive correlation between number of firearms and number of firearm deaths? You made that claim many times, Vin. Now the evidence shows that the opposite is true. Are you going to defend your statements or just mumble BS about strawman and stalkers?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#71 : June 24, 2013, 03:25:32 PM

Now when you say "BS strawman," do you perhaps mean "undeniably legitimate study from the Department Of Justice"?

You can't engage in any type of valid debate, can you?

This is a good example of your "decent conversation"? You're playing games because you know that I said YOUR BS strawman, two of them by quick glance, not the DOJ.  You're just being you. There right there, you can't back them up so ... Games

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#72 : June 24, 2013, 03:30:06 PM

Firearms-related homicides declined 39 percent between 1993 and 2011, firearm ownership rose during that same period.

Nonfatal firearms crimes fell 69 percent between 1993 and 2011, firearm ownership rose during that same period.

Where is the positive correlation between number of firearms and number of firearm deaths? You made that claim many times, Vin. Now the evidence shows that the opposite is true. Are you going to defend your statements or just mumble BS about strawman and stalkers?

How silly are those comments ^^. Your BS is showing through. Earlier you were claiming proof of my seriousness was the volume of my posts, now you are asking me to repeat my many posts on gun topics to "prove" I am not just mumbling about stalkers and on top of that asking me to defend your strawmen.

Games, games, games. ... Keeping going with them though. Only further prices your crocodile tears over me messing up your "decent conversations" lol

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#73 : June 24, 2013, 03:40:33 PM

I'm not asking you to repeat them, I'm telling you, in very clear English, that the evidence proves them wrong. Are you going to deny that you claimed multiple times that there were too many firearms in this country, and that was a factor in gun homicide rates? Because the evidence shows that while the number of guns has risen firearm violence has substantially declined, directly disproving your assertion with empirical evidence.

Do you plan to mount any defense whatsoever, or do you, like everyone else, find the shambles of your argument beyond resuscitation?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#74 : June 24, 2013, 05:45:44 PM

I'm not asking you to repeat them, I'm telling you, in very clear English, that the evidence proves them wrong. Are you going to deny that you claimed multiple times that there were too many firearms in this country, and that was a factor in gun homicide rates? Because the evidence shows that while the number of guns has risen firearm violence has substantially declined, directly disproving your assertion with empirical evidence.

Do you plan to mount any defense whatsoever, or do you, like everyone else, find the shambles of your argument beyond resuscitation?

I will respond when I am at a computer but in the meantime a little test if intellectual honesty test:

Why are gun numbers and ownership statistics relevant NOW but irrelevant when I posted that Canada, as one example, has much lower firearm death rates than the US and much lower number of guns? Why is that correlation invalid when the one you offer is "valid"? Why , for example, doesn't the fact that gun violence dropped on Australia following strict gun control mean gun control works? Why do you seem to propose selective validity for statistics?

Lets see if you respond and I will respond when at a computer

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DOJ: Gun violence down, semi-automatics a minor issue « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools