Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DOJ: Gun violence down, semi-automatics a minor issue « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#150 : June 27, 2013, 11:35:31 AM

the laws that are truly important are not being enforced

with respect to gun shows and private sales, what is the law or laws that was not being enforced?   You'll note that Illuminator made the comment but has not answered that question

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#151 : June 27, 2013, 11:36:05 AM

I really have no problem with closing the gun show loophole. Just don't expect it to have any measurable impact.
:
I have no problem with the Brady Bill (although Vin obviously had no idea there was already a waiting period). The thing is, the Brady law was just another example of using a tragedy to pass another law that would have done nothing to prevent it. It took a while, but people are catching on. "Accumulation." Another tragedy, lose more of your rights. And another tragedy, lose more of your rights. One more tragedy, lose more of your rights. The frogs are realizing that the water is getting hot. The 'big brother will protect us' crowd has overplayed the tragedy card way too many times and people are wising up to the big picture.

This is why the NRA fights tooth and nail over every inch. You may not see the accumulation, Vin, but others do.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#152 : June 27, 2013, 11:38:17 AM

I will pretend to be Illuminator for a second and just pass this single stat out, for all those that people routinely use guns to defend themselves:

"In 2007-11, less than 1% of victims in all nonfatal violent
crimes reported using a firearm to defend themselves
during the incident.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#153 : June 27, 2013, 11:39:46 AM

"What is the social interest served by requiring a background check at the gun dealer on 123 Main Street but not at the gun show at 456 Main Street?"

I never claimed that there was some social interest served. If someone else has, perhaps you should be stalking them instead of me.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#154 : June 27, 2013, 11:44:56 AM

I have no problem with the Brady Bill (although Vin obviously had no idea there was already a waiting period).

Not sure what that even means

The thing is, the Brady law was just another example of using a tragedy to pass another law that would have done nothing to prevent it.

Odd, I have typed repeatedly that tragedies cause non-people to overreact BUT that pro-gun people cannot say a thing about it because they refuse reasonable measures. If you refuse to sit at the table and negotiate in good faith, you cant cry when a third-aprty makes the decisions for you, although that is what you are doing here:

It took a while, but people are catching on. "Accumulation." Another tragedy, lose more of your rights. And another tragedy, lose more of your rights. One more tragedy, lose more of your rights. The frogs are realizing that the water is getting hot. The 'big brother will protect us' crowd has overplayed the tragedy card way too many times and people are wising up to the big picture.

This is why the NRA fights tooth and nail over every inch. You may not see the accumulation, Vin, but others do.

The part in bold is hilarious, the NRA is the champion of the anti-accumulation fight? give me a break, the NRA was all for passing a law and EXPANDING GOVERNMENT to place armed guards at every shool . . . . to protect the actual interet of the NRA . . .  gun manufacturers and sellers.

The NRA is no different than the lobbies for prescription drugs, big pharma, unions, etc.  The NRA works to protect its CLIENT and its client is not the 2nd Amendment and certainly no anti-accumulation" . .  . its GUN MANUFACTURERS AND DISTRIBUTORS

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#155 : June 27, 2013, 11:46:30 AM

"What is the social interest served by requiring a background check at the gun dealer on 123 Main Street but not at the gun show at 456 Main Street?"

I never claimed that there was some social interest served. If someone else has, perhaps you should be stalking them instead of me.

Illuminator game playing ^^^^ afraid to answer the question

I NEVER said you  or anyone else"claimed" that (obvious to anyone who can read), I asked the question . . . .  so much for an "honest debate" . . . the "stalking" comment is hilarious too . .  from a BANNED guy who came back here and specifically engaged me . .   and this is your fuirst post TODAY in this thread, interrupting a conversation between me and Jbear to comment directly to me:

"Accumulation." That's how you lose your rights, a little at a time. Frog Vin ain't noticed that the water is slowly getting hotter.

Do you recall anything about the passage of the Brady Bill, Vin?

yet I am "stalking" you . . .  ???
: June 27, 2013, 11:56:02 AM VinBucFan

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#156 : June 27, 2013, 11:51:10 AM

"I demand that you stop playing games and defend this position that was never yours to begin with!"

Lol. You truly are an idiot.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#157 : June 27, 2013, 11:58:15 AM

"I demand that you stop playing games and defend this position that was never yours to begin with!"

You get very, very touchy when anyone points out the OBVIOUS flaw in your position . . . . and then this stuff starts ... Vin is a stalker"  .  .. "vin is an idiot" . . .  and the nonsense of "defend a position" . . . . never asked you to do that, just asked you to answer a simple question . . . requires some thinking . .  but not much more

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#158 : June 27, 2013, 12:08:30 PM

Why am I obligated to provide for you a social interest served by gun shows?  I never claimed there was one. You're trying to manipulate me into defending a position I never proposed to begin with. You're just not very good at it is all.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#159 : June 27, 2013, 12:12:54 PM

Why am I obligated to provide for you a social interest served by gun shows?  I never claimed there was one. You're trying to manipulate me into defending a position I never proposed to begin with. You're just not very good at it is all.

I just asked a question, you either answer it or you dont . .  .you usually chooose "dont"   . . . .  and then . . .  just like now . . .  you try (as if people cant read) to deflect from the fact that you really dont want to answer the question (or can't) by game playing  ("you're trying to manipulate me")

lol

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#160 : June 27, 2013, 12:17:36 PM

"I just asked a question, you either answer it or I will pester you about it over and over, and pretend that your failure to defend the position I assign you is somehow a victory for my beliefs."

Fixed.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#161 : June 27, 2013, 12:19:15 PM

He's the King of the False Premise.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#162 : June 27, 2013, 12:54:47 PM

He's the King of the False Premise.

Oh the horror . .  . a guy with multiple suspensions who routinely stalks me . .  . coming to the "defense" of a BANNED guy sneaking around the website under a new fake name . . . . .

Band O' Misfits . . .  . attack!   :D

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#163 : June 27, 2013, 12:55:47 PM

"I just asked a question, you either answer it or I will pester you about it over and over, and pretend that your failure to defend the position I assign you is somehow a victory for my beliefs."

Fixed.

lol  . . .  yeah . . . watch me "pester" you . .  . . lmao ...."victory for my beliefs" . . . .  ugh

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#164 : June 27, 2013, 12:59:10 PM

The Brady Bill was implemented in 1994 . . . . according to the DOJ . . . gun violence dropped at the fastest rate from 1993 to 1998

"While the number of firearm crimes declined over time, the percentage of all violence that involved a firearm did not change substantively, fluctuating between 6% and 9% over the same period. In 1993, 9% of all violence was committed with a firearm, compared to 8% in 2011."

(Note: gun hoseholds declining but percentage of all violence steady?)

"The majority of the decline in firearm-related homicides occurred between 1993 and 1998. Since 1999, the number of firearm homicides increased from 10,828 to 12,791 in 2006 before declining to 11,101 in 2011."

Her's the graph from the report:

Note: why the big drop from 1993 to 1998? The same graph occurs for non-fatal gun violence.  Why was there a big drop from 1993 to 1998?

Here's the actual report,:

http://info.publicintelligence.net/DoJ-GunViolence1993-2011.pdf

Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DOJ: Gun violence down, semi-automatics a minor issue « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools