Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs at Patriots week 3 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 20, 2013, 11:53:11 PM

I think Brady is great, but they haven't won since spygate. And he's not gonna have much chemistry with his receivers.

Yeah...Brady sucks.  He is washed up.  He'll have to catch his own passes.  they'll be lucky to win ten games this year.
: June 20, 2013, 11:56:12 PM The Anomaly

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 21, 2013, 12:51:22 AM

They shouldn't be too worried about the jets for a whole bunch of reasons.

1) they don't have a good QB. Geno is a whiner baby rookie, and the "Dirty" has never been that good to begin with.
2) revis. Regardless of whether or not revis is 100%, he has the down low on the jets defense. I'm sure he won't have the same hang-ups about sharing them like nicks.
3) what RB on their roster is going to put the smack down on last years very solid run defense? Right.
4) how exactly are they going to stop Doug? They can't.
5) how exactly are they supposed to stop long bombs to VJ and MW? Again, they can't.

The jets game is so lopsided its not even funny. Honestly, most of the concentration should be centered around games two and three. Because it's a winnable game regardless of scheme, and losing to them could still be considered a "fluke." Losing to a team like the Pats lets your team know exactly who they are, losing to a team like the jets just ticks your players off.

Rex said the other day, his D will be much different this season.  He is going to bring the heat more.

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
#17 : June 21, 2013, 03:58:28 AM

Talib will be fired up for that game. When he is truely on his game, Williams may have trouble "abusing" him. Seems former Bucs always play well against us unfortunately.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 21, 2013, 07:09:09 AM

I think Brady is great, but they haven't won since spygate. And he's not gonna have much chemistry with his receivers.

While they don't have a SB victory in several years, they have been good consistently for over a decade. Them not having excellent receivers isn't going to.decide their.success.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : June 21, 2013, 07:31:32 AM

While they don't have a SB victory in several years, they have been good consistently for over a decade. Them not having excellent receivers isn't going to.decide their.success.
decide?  no.  but i think you are crazy if you dont think it will heavily influence.  to go from gronk and hernandez to ballard, fells and mooonuawanie?  to go from welker and lloyd to a banged up amendola, mike jenkins, donald jones?  or a bunch of rookies?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#20 : June 21, 2013, 07:51:11 AM

The Patriots have Tom Brady still and thats really all that matters.
but is he able to catch his own passes?
He won multiple SBs throwing to guys like Troy Brown and David Givens, I'm convinced it doesn't matter who is throwing to. They will look good.

While I do agree with this, it also didn't hurt to have Ty Law, Harrison, McGinest, Bruschi, Vrabel, Washington and Seymour. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 21, 2013, 12:29:33 PM

decide?  no.  but i think you are crazy if you dont think it will heavily influence.  to go from gronk and hernandez to ballard, fells and mooonuawanie?  to go from welker and lloyd to a banged up amendola, mike jenkins, donald jones?  or a bunch of rookies?

It's a little too early to determine that they will be without Gronk...the Hernandez situation seems to be getting thicker and thicker, he may.not be around next year. Either way, Tom Brady has shown that he doesn't need elite WRs to keep hos team in games. He brings their play up. Will there be an influence, yea, but we are talking about Belichick & Brady. Week 3 will pretty much be just as difficult to win with or without their TEs.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 21, 2013, 12:45:32 PM

They are always a threat to win it all.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : June 21, 2013, 02:31:46 PM

It's a little too early to determine that they will be without Gronk...the Hernandez situation seems to be getting thicker and thicker, he may.not be around next year. Either way, Tom Brady has shown that he doesn't need elite WRs to keep hos team in games. He brings their play up. Will there be an influence, yea, but we are talking about Belichick & Brady. Week 3 will pretty much be just as difficult to win with or without their TEs.
certainly agree on gronk, but did hear he would initially be PUP'd.  and while tom brady is still great, the last time they won a SB was a decade ago...brad johnson was our QB.  it will certainly be easier to win if they dont have gronk/hernandez.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 21, 2013, 03:11:37 PM

certainly agree on gronk, but did hear he would initially be PUP'd.  and while tom brady is still great, the last time they won a SB was a decade ago...brad johnson was our QB.  it will certainly be easier to win if they dont have gronk/hernandez.

Again, them not winning a SB in the last decade is completely irrelevant. Seattle has never won a SB. The 9ers haven't won since the 90's. Should we be favored over those two teams next year also since they have won a SB recently?? Nope.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : June 21, 2013, 03:45:34 PM

Again, them not winning a SB in the last decade is completely irrelevant. Seattle has never won a SB. The 9ers haven't won since the 90's. Should we be favored over those two teams next year also since they have won a SB recently?? Nope.
i think comparing a 36 year old tom brady to a 26 year old tom brady is certainly relevant.  i think the fact they havent won a SB since spygate is relevant.  and i think injuries/defections of their best offensive weapons is relevant.

do i think we should be favored?  no, not yet on that one.  as for being favored against seattle and SF i wouldnt make us the favorites...but i also see no reason why we cant win either game.  there will be an entire offseason of film of both those teams and once we force them into being 1 dimensional i like our odds with our new defensive backfield.  i think scoring on either team will be difficult, but much of seattles DL might still be banged up when we head there.  although a west coast trip is usually brutal.   i am certainly looking forward to both games.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 21, 2013, 04:04:00 PM

i think comparing a 36 year old tom brady to a 26 year old tom brady is certainly relevant. 
So you think Tom Brady is noticeably worse now, than he was 10 years ago? If so, I heavily disagree. Brady is cerebral. Him being able to manage the game and make good decisions is why he is here he is. He isn't a mobile guy. He has never been as physically gifted as an Aaron Rodgers or Joe Flacco at slinging the ball. Until we start seeing balls fluttering in the air, Brady is still Brady.

i think the fact they havent won a SB since spygate is relevant.  and i think injuries/defections of their best offensive weapons is relevant.
This is still a team who has made it the AFC Championship the last 2 years and was in the SB a little over 16 months ago.

do i think we should be favored?  no, not yet on that one.  as for being favored against seattle and SF i wouldnt make us the favorites...but i also see no reason why we cant win either game.
I don't disagree.

there will be an entire offseason of film of both those teams and once we force them into being 1 dimensional i like our odds with our new defensive backfield.
It goes both ways. They also have an a seasons worth of film season to evaluate the 1st year of Sullvan's offensive and Schiano's defensive schemes to formulate a better attack.

i think scoring on either team will be difficult, but much of seattles DL might still be banged up when we head there.  although a west coast trip is usually brutal.   i am certainly looking forward to both games.

Yup.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 21, 2013, 04:08:55 PM

becsuse their defense hasn't been as good as it was when they were winning championships.  But the offense has continued to thrive. 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#28 : June 21, 2013, 04:42:33 PM

becsuse their defense hasn't been as good as it was when they were winning championships.  But the offense has continued to thrive.
so how is there defense now?  they won with a young brady and nobodies catching the ball when they had a star defense.  then the were just really good with nobodies on defense and a veteran brady and stars catching the ball.  now they have an old brady with nobodies catching the ball, so hows the defense?

they are still a good team...but are they greatness?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#29 : June 21, 2013, 04:51:51 PM

chace - noticeable worse?  i wouldnt say that.  but i do believe that its not as easy to play as a 36 year old.   i also believe that its much easier to make the throws to guys you know rather than brand new rookies and guys who havent produced anywhere else and arent even known as high potential guys.  i think its much easier for brady to be confident gronkowski will come up with that 3rd down reception over a jake ballard...and a split second of hesitation could be the difference.

as long as they have brady they have a chance to win against anyone.  but without a star defense AND/OR great receiving weapons it gets much much harder imo.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs at Patriots week 3 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools