Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman ready to move onto another NFL team if his best effort isn't good enough « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 21, 2013, 10:37:17 AM

Typical Bucs fans. They never like the QB they have. Even when he throws for franchise records.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 21, 2013, 10:38:14 AM

It's ok Josh, we don't want you here either.

By WE you mean YOU right.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#17 : June 21, 2013, 10:48:04 AM

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.  If he has a good year it's going to cost us a boat load to keep him.  I don' see anything wrong with JF wanting to continue his NFL career and that's what I read into the interview.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 21, 2013, 01:21:58 PM

Freeman says he will be 'content' if he has to move on

Rick Stroud, Times Staff Writer 

Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:30pm

WILL VRAGOVIC | Times
Josh Freeman, 25, is in the final season of his five-year, $26-million contract he signed as a rookie in 2009.

Josh Freeman says is not focused on his tenuous contract situation and ready to move onto another NFL team if his best effort isn't good enough for the Buccaneers.

Freeman, 25, is in the final season of his five-year, $26-million contract he signed as a rookie in 2009. He is coming off a record-setting performance in 2012 in which he set franchise marks for most passing yards (4,065) and touchdowns (27) in a single season. But a promising 6-4 start was torpedoed by a mid-season collapse and five-game losing streak that resulted in a 7-9 record under first-year head coach Greg Schiano.

The Bucs drafted North Carolina State quarterback Mike Glennon in the third round in April and Schiano, who inherited Freeman, has said he not 'wedded,' to the fifth-year pro.

"I'm excited about getting this year going,'' Freeman said during an interview Thursday on 620 WDAE's Ron and Ian Show . "It has nothing to do with...a contract year, finding out, oh, is he signed for this? What happened? I know God has got a plan for me, it's all going to work out in the end. If I just give it the best I've got regardless...if I give it the best I've got and the Buccaneers say, "Ah, we don't think he can play for us,' at the end of the year and every other team in the NFL does and I end up wherever I end up doing whatever, I'll be content because I'll know I gave it the best I had.''

The Bucs have decided to wait until the end of 2013 to determine whether to offer Freeman a contract extension. He is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent next March, but the club could use their franchise tag on Freeman if they are unable to reach a long-term agreement.

Freeman said the uncertainty of his future with the Bucs is not been a distraction to his preparation.

"I get this question a lot and, yeah, I've got stuff weighing on my mind, but very little has to do with the contract year,'' Freeman said. "Yeah, it's a big year and professionally it's the biggest year I've had from that standpoint. But I'm telling you, when I play the best football, it's when I'm just relaxed and I'm being myself.

"My identity is set. I know who I am. Come hell or high water, trust me, dude, we're going to win some games this year. The Bucs are going to be a force. I'm pumped up about that.''

After starting games for 3-1/2 seasons, Freeman said his experience and work ethic has added to his confidence.

"I'm excited. There's no added pressure, no nervousness, no anxiety,'' Freeman said. "Man, I know who I am, my guys know who I am, we know what it's all about. I'm pumped up. There's no anxiety, it's all excitement.

"But I'm telling you man, it's good enough. More than good enough.''

What a loser mentality.

Really? Sounds like a well adjusted, confident, relaxed young man. He's gonna do all he can, don't want him in Tampa anymore? Fine, he'll go some place he is wanted.

Agreed though, someone here has a significant loser mentality, its not Josh Freeman though.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Signed

Starter

#19 : June 21, 2013, 03:07:41 PM

Once again, stumbling and bumbling under pressure.
This time in the form of a simple question.

Completely agree, this guy can't get out of town fast enough. I mean, the media would never ask a loaded question and purposely omit certain information while reporting in order to create controversy and gain more views.

The sooner everyone else realizes this, the faster we can get rid of this deadweight and allow a real QB like Glennon to bring home another championship trophy.

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#20 : June 21, 2013, 06:26:33 PM

This is just way to early to be talking about this;

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#21 : June 21, 2013, 09:32:26 PM

It's ok Josh, we don't want you here either.

By WE you mean YOU right.

He certainly isn't speaking for me.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 21, 2013, 10:42:52 PM

Freeman is not the best public speaker.  Some of his interviews , sound like Metta World Peace interviews.

I think he was trying to say, I am already giving 110% .  There is not much more I can do.

He also said,  If this football thing does not work out, I can go do something else.

I think his lack of passion is troubling.  I want to hear him FIGHT to be the Bucs franchise QB.  He doesn't seem to care if he succeeds or not.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 22, 2013, 12:33:12 AM

Freeman is not the best public speaker.  Some of his interviews , sound like Metta World Peace interviews.

I think he was trying to say, I am already giving 110% .  There is not much more I can do.

He also said,  If this football thing does not work out, I can go do something else.

I think his lack of passion is troubling.  I want to hear him FIGHT to be the Bucs franchise QB.  He doesn't seem to care if he succeeds or not.

He doesnt care to appease the haters and critiques. Why fight them with anything other than performing your best? If its not good enough, do you think he should just quit and say oh well? Questioning his will to succeed? Well thats just stupid. I cant even sugar coat it....just flat out dumb. You dont enter competitive sports at the proffesional level with no care for success. Its the only real measuring stick.

A guy like demps who chooses other sports over football...maybe. 99% of all other players.....stupid.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 22, 2013, 01:27:06 AM

He doesnt care to appease the haters and critiques. Why fight them with anything other than performing your best? If its not good enough, do you think he should just quit and say oh well? Questioning his will to succeed? Well thats just stupid. I cant even sugar coat it....just flat out dumb. You dont enter competitive sports at the proffesional level with no care for success. Its the only real measuring stick.

A guy like demps who chooses other sports over football...maybe. 99% of all other players.....stupid.

Well,  if he has that fire in his belly like you say, he sure doesn't show it on the field. Your franchise QB can't be milk toast. He needs to get in guys grill.  That is what being a leader is all about.

Ya I am sure he has a will to succeed. But he doesn't care where that might be.  Its like, oh well, if I don't succeed here, I will just go somewhere else and try to be successful there.

The guy is definitely a laid back dude.  That is no problem in some professions, like being a professional surfer dude.  But he is supposed to be a franchise QB in the NFL.  I guess that laid back surfer dude personality just rubs me the wrong way.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 22, 2013, 03:20:59 AM

Ive seen him yell at guys on the field...just not on the sideline. theres a ton of good qbs that didnt have a favre like personality.

Guys that show up early, work late, and push themselves like most serious athletes arent doing it to cruise by. They are doing it to win. That type of dedication doesnt come with a lackadaisical approach to winning.

Its fun seeing guys play with emotion, but some guys arent that type. Its nice to see a guy in a leaders position have that role, but their are different types of leaders. Lets hope he improves his play hecause his teammates seem sold on him. Its easy for guys to pick out who wants to win and whos there for a paycheck.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

gone

Hall of Famer
#26 : June 22, 2013, 03:38:41 AM

Ive seen him yell at guys on the field...just not on the sideline. theres a ton of good qbs that didnt have a favre like personality.

Guys that show up early, work late, and push themselves like most serious athletes arent doing it to cruise by. They are doing it to win. That type of dedication doesnt come with a lackadaisical approach to winning.

Its fun seeing guys play with emotion, but some guys arent that type. Its nice to see a guy in a leaders position have that role, but their are different types of leaders. Lets hope he improves his play hecause his teammates seem sold on him. Its easy for guys to pick out who wants to win and whos there for a paycheck.

His teammates were also sold on Raheem Morris. There is a difference between being popular and being a leader.  Josh seems like a nice guy and likeable.  A leader?  Not so much IMO.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : June 22, 2013, 09:07:52 AM

His teammates were also sold on Raheem Morris. There is a difference between being popular and being a leader.  Josh seems like a nice guy and likeable.  A leader?  Not so much IMO.
bingo.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 22, 2013, 09:22:29 AM

They seem to vote him team captain every year....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 22, 2013, 08:01:44 PM

Good points.  But as you know, because your a regular here, its also the coaching staff that want him be more vocal.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman ready to move onto another NFL team if his best effort isn't good enough « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools