Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman ready to move onto another NFL team if his best effort isn't good enough « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 22, 2013, 10:11:39 PM

Josh is a big time Christian and Christians use the word "content" a lot. If something doesn't go their way, they chalk it up to "God has another plan for me," and they're
content. I have a co-worker who keeps getting turned down for a raise and promotion. She refuses to fight for it when they turn her down. She says things that sound
just like Freeman.

Freeman seems to be giving 100% with preparation. But I'd love to see a little more fire and fight in him.

Listening to the entire interview now. He sounded distracted and I actually thought I heard him slur his words once when talking about Stocker. Just started listening.

Free definitely doesn't sound normal, IMO. Lots of pauses and stuttering. He's not normally this bad, is he?

gone

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 22, 2013, 10:23:29 PM

Josh is a big time Christian and Christians use the word "content" a lot. If something doesn't go their way, they chalk it up to "God has another plan for me," and they're
content. I have a co-worker who keeps getting turned down for a raise and promotion. She refuses to fight for it when they turn her down. She says things that sound
just like Freeman.

Freeman seems to be giving 100% with preparation. But I'd love to see a little more fire and fight in him.

Listening to the entire interview now. He sounded distracted and I actually thought I heard him slur his words once when talking about Stocker. Just started listening.

Free definitely doesn't sound normal, IMO. Lots of pauses and stuttering. He's not normally this bad, is he?

I wasn't listening closely enough to notice a slur, but that would certainly explain the rambling.  Still, he's never a great speaker so I just assumed he was just in slightly worse form than usual.  I do agree about the lack of fire, but that wasn't what the article seemed to try and twist the comments into.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : June 22, 2013, 11:44:04 PM

I guess that laid back surfer dude personality just rubs me the wrong way.

Not just you

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 23, 2013, 10:32:24 AM

just like Freeman.

I wasn't listening closely enough to notice a slur, but that would certainly explain the rambling.  Still, he's never a great speaker so I just assumed he was just in slightly worse form than usual.

He sounded a little drunk or under the influence of something. But it's the off season and he's allowed to have fun.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 23, 2013, 10:47:56 AM

I think our team will win more games this year. It won't be because of Josh. The whole team should play better including Josh. That will lead to more wins. If that happens, we will probably give Freeman an extension. I'm curious what kind of extension that will be. That will be more determining of Josh's play. Hope he rises to the occasion. I don't need him to be a fiery type. Just want him to help this team win games.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#35 : June 23, 2013, 02:08:17 PM

http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/jenna-laine-talks-josh-freeman-on-the-charlie-bernstein-show/

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 23, 2013, 02:32:56 PM

I guess that laid back surfer dude personality just rubs me the wrong way.

Not just you

Better than the towel on head pouting Scam Newton personality.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 23, 2013, 02:45:57 PM

I think he got a few high heat questions. Most interviews he seems pretty relaxed. This one seemed like he was caught off guard and was searching for pc answers.

Michaelbot does this garbage with thread titles all the time. He finds some little bit that when out of context seems controversial. It draws people in but often is far from what the article is about.

As far as leadership, I think freeman is kind of like kurt warner. Pretty calm most of the time and can flash a look that lets his teammates know whats up. The only thing I dont like about freeman on the field is his "cry baby" face when hes frustrated and looking like " wtf". Ive played with and talked to plenty of good athletes that get the adrenalin rush and just go into a zone. They arent vocal most of the time and when they do speak up its more impactful. A guy cheerleading all the time loses its luster. Actually, many of the upper echelon qbs are all pretty laid back. Brady gets riled up once in awhile and rodgers play with a lot of personality, but I think most the other guys are fairly reserved as well. Peyton is fairly laid back as well. Being more famous and playing for so long he has some clips blowing up or being a rah rah guy, but most games hes fairly reserved.

Dont get me wrong, id like to see a little more fire from freeman as well, but thats the least of his worries. That may also get better with a winning season and a playoff birth. Build that extra confidence.

Out of that whole article though, no idea how the title became relevant?  He said he was going to give it 110% and give it his best shot. If it wasnt enough hed be content that he tried his hardest and move on to the next team. Pretty sure most people take that approach to life.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#38 : June 23, 2013, 04:42:50 PM

I'd take Glennon or Tebow over Freeman any day. No loss at all here.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 23, 2013, 05:52:46 PM

Not exactly a homer, is he. Likely not the whole interview, but it's a bit bothersome he didn't ever say he was a BUCCANEER, or wanted to remain a Buccaneer.  Hmmmm...

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#40 : June 23, 2013, 05:58:00 PM

He's done his part  -- withstood several OCs, new HCs,  a season or three with little to work with, has been the team player imo.  Its a business. He knows that the Bucs will cut ties if he doesn't produce. What else can he do but try his best and let the chips fall where they may.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 23, 2013, 06:04:32 PM

He's done his part  -- withstood several OCs, new HCs,  a season or three with little to work with, has been the team player imo.  Its a business. He knows that the Bucs will cut ties if he doesn't produce. What else can he do but try his best and let the chips fall where they may.

Can't really disagree with any of that.  But me, for one, would like to see a little more "fight" in the guy.  Fight to be the best, fight to be a Buc. When the WR's screw up, get in their grills.

Instead we get,  well if it doesn't work out here, oh well, I guess i will try to make it somewhere else. And if that doesn't work out, oh well, there are other things to do beside football.

SMH

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman ready to move onto another NFL team if his best effort isn't good enough « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools