Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons' signing of Steven Jackson more impactful than trading for Revis ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 23, 2013, 09:51:38 AM

Count me as one of those not enamored by that #1 ranking. Having the 3rd fewest attempts against would tent to taint that ranking.

We were also tops in the league in tackles for loss though , which leads me to believe our run D was legit.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 23, 2013, 09:55:29 AM

so why did STL let him go?  too much mileage to give him the money he was looking for?  Always liked the guy.  In fact, I wanted us to take him over Clayton years ago.  But  a mediocre team like the Rams wouldn't let their supposed best player go if there was much left in the tank.  RBs fall off fast. people always say 30 years old and its time to put your RB out to pasture.  You can accelerate that with heavy workloads early on.  Jackson was their workhorse for years.  I'm not saying Jackson wont do anything in ATL but at this stage in their careers I would still take Dougie over Jackson.  Additionally, if we want Dougie to have a long career here we really need to get him a sidekick to share the load.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : June 23, 2013, 09:57:23 AM

It doesn't....however i'll offer that we were one tenth less that Denver who gave up 8 less rushing TDs than we did.
they allowed a lot of passing TD's.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 23, 2013, 10:38:08 AM

Actually Jackson will hit big 30 next month and has only had double digit TD twice  in his career and that was  several years ago. I never viewed him as a TD threat but more of a grind em out type..

Turner, on the other hand had double digit TD the last 5 consecutive years.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 23, 2013, 10:45:05 AM

I'm not worried about him. I remember an article by SR last year talking about how we were going to be facing great RBs last year and the team needed to step up from that last place standing. Well they did. Worst to first actually. Now we have Goldson and Revis to help out vs the pass. Can't wait to watch this D.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 23, 2013, 10:50:05 AM

I think Jackson will be a great addition for that team because he can still tote the rock and be a significant weapon out of the backfield...but having said that, I don't see how that acquisition can have the same level of impact as the Revis move. Jackson is an addition to an already potent offence while Revis will absolutely change the psychology of opposing offences playing against the Tampa D.

I like Schein as a reporter but can't agree with that statement.

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 23, 2013, 10:52:57 AM

I think Jackson will be a great addition for that team because he can still tote the rock and be a significant weapon out of the backfield...but having said that, I don't see how that acquisition can have the same level of impact as the Revis move. Jackson is an addition to an already potent offence while Revis will absolutely change the psychology of opposing offences playing against the Tampa D.

I like Schein as a reporter but can't agree with that statement.

Agree. Our pass D had nobody like him or Goldson last year. To add those two only means our D should improve. While Jackson doesn't really add too much to their offense.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 23, 2013, 11:18:34 AM

However the Falcons split the carries, the combo of Jackson & Rodgers will be tough. Agree on Rodgers; he's only gonna get better. And I'm very unsure about the Falcons O'line this year, which likely hurts Jackson more than Rodgers...
    I think the Rams are heavy into rebuilding, so it doesn't make sense to hand out big $$$ to a 30 year old RB with a lot of milage...

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#23 : June 23, 2013, 02:16:50 PM

SJ doesn't scare me.

Just happened to watch that Lavonte David highlight reel - SJ makes a quite a few appearances getting tackled behind the line or for one or two yards

Our D will win the smash mouth game no doubt - its the little quick **CENSORED**ers that scare me

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 23, 2013, 02:31:32 PM

Steven Jackson's stats have steadily declined in the past few years. He's not a bad player at all, but at the same time you can't call him an impact player. There's a lot of RBs in the league who could put up the 1000 rushing yard, 4.0 ypc, 300 yard receiving season that he's probably going to have. He's also going to be sharing a lot of carries.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : June 23, 2013, 03:51:18 PM

so why did STL let him go?  too much mileage to give him the money he was looking for? 

Because he was due to make $7mil.

-------------------------------------------------------

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 23, 2013, 03:56:36 PM

RB's tend to fall off the edge of the cliff, faster than any other position IMO.  One season they are piling up the yards, and the next season they are unemployed.   [McGahee]

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons' signing of Steven Jackson more impactful than trading for Revis ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools