Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Surprising player of the year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
: June 23, 2013, 07:31:19 PM

How about Giovanni Bernard of the Bengals?  Bengals are not too surprising of a team, but if say Giovanni surprises a few people(he was the first hb taken in the draft but still not drafted in the first round), that can make that team really good.

Texas Alexander(probably with Lonnie Johnson) - Bellcow blues,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDCXTSKOkhM

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#1 : June 23, 2013, 08:16:55 PM

Chris Ivory is going to put in work for the Jets. He killed us every time the Saints actually used him.

Hopefully for our sake, Steven Means is one of the suprise players of the year.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 23, 2013, 08:22:42 PM

Brady gets hurt bad in game one. Tebow takes over, and has a MVP season.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 23, 2013, 08:39:27 PM

How about Giovanni Bernard of the Bengals?  Bengals are not too surprising of a team, but if say Giovanni surprises a few people(he was the first hb taken in the draft but still not drafted in the first round), that can make that team really good.

my fantasy sleeper.....watch an interview with him and you'll like him even more.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 23, 2013, 09:14:15 PM

As long as we're dreaming, why not Jeff Demps?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#5 : June 23, 2013, 09:20:56 PM

the title said surprise, not shock!!!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 23, 2013, 09:56:43 PM

the title said surprise, not shock!!!
[/quote

LOL

It would really be great to have a bonafide return guy, that is a threat to take it to the house on every kick.  Offense is looking pretty good.  Defense should be much improved, so if we had a great return guy, it would be more of a complete team.

But sad to say, I don't believe Demps heart is into football.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#7 : June 23, 2013, 09:59:02 PM

neither do i

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 23, 2013, 10:10:44 PM

neither do i

Well I can't really blame the guy.  His choices are, run a race every once in awhile, in a pair of shorts. And make pretty good scratch, I know its not NFL type money.        Or......play football every week of the season,  and get the liven &^%^ beat out of you on every tackle.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 23, 2013, 10:19:09 PM

my fantasy sleeper.....watch an interview with him and you'll like him even more.

Great minds...

From the "2013 predictions" thread:

Packers win SB XLVIII (technically that's 2014, but f*ck it)
Eagles win the NFCEast.
OROY: Giovani Bernard
DROY: Alec Ogletree
Best season for a rookie WR: Kenny Stills
778 "He is only 25" liners.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 23, 2013, 10:36:48 PM

My surprising player of the year.... Brian Leonard baby!!!!

"White Lightning"

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#11 : June 23, 2013, 10:46:06 PM

I bet Teo thrives in San Diego. Perfect spot for him to land. The whole Samoan linebacker thing out there worked pretty well last time too.....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 23, 2013, 11:03:04 PM

My surprising player of the year.... Brian Leonard baby!!!!

"White Lightning"
Rooting hard for him. 

I have kept tabs on him in his career, and he is a guy who has earned fan respect for his ability to make plays that do not necessarily translate into 4 YPC, but first downs.  Diving on loose balls.  Laying clean blocks, despite being a smaller FB, and always being asked to block for talented, bigger backs.  Tell me it wasn't strange watching Leonard block for Steven Jackson when he played in Tampa?  It was watching a smaller guy lead block for a tank...

But he did a decent job.  He is a freaky strong guy.

If he makes the team, I will be pleased.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#13 : June 23, 2013, 11:06:23 PM

But suprising player of the year will be Bowers, and I would say that even if I was a Panther fan.  This guy is being tabbed for a monster season, and he is fully healed.  He is getting the green light.  I would be worried if I were opposing tackles...this kid might get 13-15 sacks.

He has a boatload of "potential". 

Prior to all the lower leg issues, this kid was tabbed for a #1 spot.  I even said he would be the #1 overall at one point.

S will get him going.  All homer.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#14 : June 23, 2013, 11:53:13 PM

My money would be on Monte Ball. I think he is Marshall Faulk like when it comes to his ability to do everything well and he just gets it. Like Martin, I think he has the mentality to play like a vet right away. I think when you plug him into that Denver offense with Manning, Welker, Thomas, and Decker......he's going to have the opportunity to rack up 2000+ all purpose yards and many, many TDs.
: June 24, 2013, 12:04:52 AM JDouble

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Surprising player of the year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools