Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should The National Football League Be Expanded? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

« #15 : June 25, 2013, 11:30:13 AM »

World Cup isn't a singular event. I'm betting that number is combined viewers of all the games.
I don't care how many people watch soccer give me the NFL any day.

jcaulfield8

Second String

« #16 : June 25, 2013, 11:30:33 AM »

World Cup isn't a singular event. I'm betting that number is combined viewers of all the games.

the world cup final is a singular event.
im not saying anything other than the fact that the writer of this article makes up statements and facts to support his argument.
i wasnt sure so i looked this up and  ill quote what i read.
"The Cup’s final game is the single most viewed sporting event on earth. The 2010 match between Spain and The Netherlands was watched by an estimated 700 million people. That’s a decent chunk of the world’s entire population"

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

« #17 : June 25, 2013, 11:55:07 AM »

Why even look outside of the USA when you can get 8 teams within your own borders?

I'd look at:

LA (have 1 team this expansion and see how it goes with a possible 2nd in a future expansion)
Sacramento
Las Vegas
Austin
Alabama (Montgomery?)
Oklahoma
Nebraksa
Kentucky

There is an argument for a lot of places to perhaps get a team other than those 8 but from a football point of view those 8 are as good as any others. It just depends if there is any willingness from the existing franchises to expand the current league.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« #18 : June 25, 2013, 04:37:04 PM »

"Why even look outside of the USA when you can get 8 teams within your own borders?"

Money. Like I said, every football fan in Mexico would immediately become an Aztec fan. Imagine how much money that would be worth to the NFL.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #19 : June 25, 2013, 05:21:57 PM »

Can you imagine if youre the poor unlucky guy that gets drafted by Mexico City and have to go live in that shlthole?
« : June 25, 2013, 05:23:35 PM Fire Mark Dummynik »

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

« #20 : June 25, 2013, 05:29:23 PM »

Can you imagine if youre the poor unlucky guy that gets drafted by Mexico City and have to go live in that shlthole?

In-between dodging kidnappings and drug cartels you can eat genuine tacos!!

Oh, and don't drink the water.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« #21 : June 25, 2013, 05:47:28 PM »

You boys would be in for quite a surprise if you visited Mexico City.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #22 : June 25, 2013, 06:38:29 PM »

You boys would be in for quite a surprise if you visited Mexico City.

Agree, its a beautiful country.  Never judge a country by its border towns.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #23 : June 25, 2013, 06:59:08 PM »

Nothing like a nice dose of pollution cloud to start your morning :)

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

« #24 : June 25, 2013, 07:15:20 PM »

I'd rather have a spring league.

Dominik specialized in acquiring talented players who were bad fits for his coaches. - FootballOutsiders

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« #25 : June 25, 2013, 07:53:21 PM »

"Nothing like a nice dose of pollution cloud to start your morning :)"

Chicago, Los Angeles, New York?

I would move to Mexico City for work. Some of the areas there are very nice. The women are stunning. I can't understand what the hell they're saying but I can read enough body language to get by.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #26 : June 25, 2013, 09:26:27 PM »

Eventually this will happen.  One day it will be a world wide sport.   Get used to living on the planet. 

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #27 : June 25, 2013, 09:34:51 PM »

He'll no.  I'd like to see it cut down to 20 teams.  Half the teams in this league can't compete because of their QBs. 

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #28 : June 25, 2013, 10:09:59 PM »

"Nothing like a nice dose of pollution cloud to start your morning :)"

Chicago, Los Angeles, New York?

I would move to Mexico City for work. Some of the areas there are very nice. The women are stunning. I can't understand what the hell they're saying but I can read enough body language to get by.

Come to think of it , it's probably better than going to Detroit.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should The National Football League Be Expanded? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools