Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Snowden « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

: June 25, 2013, 05:24:06 PM

This guy has made Obama and the government look like complete fools domestically and internationally.

It's hilarious how countries are basically ignoring our extradition demands. It shows how much respect and power America is losing in the world.

http://news.yahoo.com/putin-says-no-us-request-extradite-snowden-150114265.html

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 25, 2013, 07:04:53 PM

Traitor? Give me a break.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 25, 2013, 07:10:41 PM

Good for him. Glad Russia is giving Obama the middle finger on this. Maybe we can trade Obama for him? Seems like a lopsided trade for us though.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 25, 2013, 07:43:16 PM

Both Russia and China are treating Obama like he is insignificant. That is the biggest aspect of this story. A potentially huge US National Security issue and foreign governments are acting like we are not even a player. Really?

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 25, 2013, 08:54:43 PM

Both Russia and China are treating Obama like he is insignificant. That is the biggest aspect of this story. A potentially huge US National Security issue and foreign governments are acting like we are not even a player. Really?

Well to be honest...we dont have a whole lot of experience being on this side of the equation.

Normally defectors risk their lives to get to America. Now defectors are risking their lives to get out of here. Considering the way the government treated Bradley Manning, it's no surprise Snowden has no intention of ever coming back here and is willing to spill all the secrets he has to any country that helps him.

It's a good example of how far America has fallen.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#5 : June 25, 2013, 09:09:23 PM

Well to be honest...we dont have a whole lot of experience being on this side of the equation.

Normally defectors risk their lives to get to America. Now defectors are risking their lives to get out of here. Considering the way the government treated Bradley Manning, it's no surprise Snowden has no intention of ever coming back here and is willing to spill all the secrets he has to any country that helps him.

It's a good example of how far America has fallen.

Absolutely 100% Correct.

This president has absolutely no regard for civil liberties. Unconstitutional surveillance combined w/ more prosecutions of government whistleblowers than any other in the history of the country. Never  thought I would see the day when a govt. whistleblower would need to seek safety in Russia and China.

: June 25, 2013, 09:22:00 PM Durango 95

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 25, 2013, 09:50:57 PM

So much for Obama's promise of a transparent government.

He didnt just break that promise, he nuked it.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#7 : June 26, 2013, 07:14:38 AM

Considering the way the government treated Bradley Manning
http://thehill.com/blogs/defcon-hill/army/303137-pentagon-manning-leak-provided-intelligence-to-al-qaeda-militant-groups

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 26, 2013, 07:26:11 AM

Al-Qaida said to be changing its ways after Snowden's leaks

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/us/Al-Qaida-said-to-be-changing-its-ways-after-Snowdens-leaks/articleshow/20777034.cms

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 26, 2013, 07:51:17 AM

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/us/Al-Qaida-said-to-be-changing-its-ways-after-Snowdens-leaks/articleshow/20777034.cms

So the program is useless now. The NSA can close it down and stop spying on American citizens.

gone

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 26, 2013, 05:54:49 PM

Program was a disgrace from it's inception.  A greater evil than the one it was supposed to protect us against.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#11 : June 26, 2013, 06:06:22 PM

Geeez Louise morgan you sure do gobble up administration spin.  Does this really look all that different from the articles you scoffed at defending GWB's attacks on civil liberties? 

In another thread you posted a link to an article where the administration was spinning all the good these programs did, stopping 50 terrorist attacks it said... Can you please tell me what your reaction would have been if that had been during the Bush administration?  Would you have really praised W for saving all our lives?  I'm really asking because I am really curious.  Please tell me whether you want to feign partiality or do you just not care so long as you tow the party line?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 28, 2013, 10:24:28 AM

Traitor? Give me a break.

Edward Snowden leaks force Al Qaeda, other militants to change how they communicate

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2013/06/26/edward_snowden_leaks_force_al_qaeda_other_militants_to_change_how_they_communicate.html

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#13 : June 28, 2013, 11:54:59 AM

I remember when the Obamabots thought his election would help America's standing with foreign governments.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : June 28, 2013, 12:32:21 PM

I remember when the Obamabots thought his election would help America's standing with foreign governments.
The number of folks on that list shortens daily. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Snowden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools