Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Snowden « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#45 : July 01, 2013, 12:35:28 AM

I thought it was interesting Obama felt Snowden was like the spy of the century, and we needed to snag him and get him back to the USA pronto.

Then Russia gets involved, and all of a sudden, Obama says ...look, we are not going to scramble jet fighters for a 29 year old hacker.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#46 : July 01, 2013, 06:29:10 AM

I thought it was interesting Obama felt Snowden was like the spy of the century, and we needed to snag him and get him back to the USA pronto.

Then Russia gets involved, and all of a sudden, Obama says ...look, we are not going to scramble jet fighters for a 29 year old hacker.

I think Pres Obama's response was perfect. 

gone

Hall of Famer
#47 : July 01, 2013, 08:08:08 PM

"..........................they're so dumb, they just learned we read their emails last week."

Their true target is not really terrorists.   Their target is financial traders, accountants, and financial institutions globally so they can try to control the financial markets.   

They aren't just reading emails of terrorists, they are reading yours and mine as well.   And tapping your phone listening to your conversations if they feel they can use any of your personal information for their own gain.

Guess they didn't have sarcasm back in your day.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#48 : August 01, 2013, 05:39:39 PM

Granted at least 1-year asylum in Russia.

Obama is pissed.

Apparently Snowden is already getting flooded with job offers and marriage proposals.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/01/us-usa-security-snowden-russia-idUSBRE9700N120130801

jbear

Pro Bowler

#49 : August 02, 2013, 12:33:37 PM

Obama was hoping... wishing it would go away but Snowden's most recent revelations are I think, beginning to sink in with the public.  We are so obviously being lied too yet Obama keeps hauling out dinosaurs to try to explain away the whole thing in the most confusing ways they can think of. The fact is they are STILL lying about it.  It's quite clear that Snowden was right when he said thousands of contractors had pretty much unfettered access to anything they wanted.  The analyst simply has to check a box that says it's regarding foreigners?

If anyone is actually watching any of this?  I think a lot of Americans eyes have glased over because the administration has sufficiently confused them enough that they don't want to think about it anymore. 

Obama hauled out some retired general the other night on CNN to defend the programs and he was utterly clueless. He just kept saying that the data was "lawfully obtained" before it could be searched so it's ok.  Yeah when your version of "lawfully obtained" is a rubber stamp to collect everything.... always from overseas but quite often domestically as well. 

jbear

Pro Bowler

#50 : August 02, 2013, 02:22:33 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/31/tech/web/snowden-leak-xkeyscore/index.html?hpt=us_c2

But it was "lawfully obtained."  that's what that Verizon order was.  Lawful collection of everything. 

jbear

Pro Bowler

#51 : August 16, 2013, 01:47:35 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/nsa-broke-privacy-rules-thousands-of-times-per-year-audit-finds/2013/08/15/3310e554-05ca-11e3-a07f-49ddc7417125_story.html?hpid=z1

NSA broke privacy rules thousands of times per year, audit finds

Snowden once again vindicated.  The administration has lied and misdirected the public all along.  A few months ago they were playing it up as if they'd discredited him, now more outrageous stuff leaks out.

And do read some of the 3500 comments on this hours old revelation.  Suffice it to say, I'm in agreement with the outrage In most of the posts I read.
: August 16, 2013, 01:49:06 PM jbear

jbear

Pro Bowler

#52 : August 20, 2013, 09:48:23 AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/19/guardian-hard-drives_n_3782382.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Guardian hard drives destroyed by U.K. intelligence...

There followed further meetings with shadowy Whitehall figures. The demand was the same: hand the Snowden material back or destroy it. I explained that we could not research and report on this subject if we complied with this request. The man from Whitehall looked mystified. "You've had your debate. There's no need to write any more."

Some people want to stick their heads in the sand and pretend this either isn't happening or that big brother is benevolent and therefore, putting their boots up our asses for our own good. 
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Snowden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools