Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are The Bucs legitimate Wild Card contenders in the NFC ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 29, 2013, 10:40:36 AM

AJ, our best bet is always to win the division to get into the playoffs no?

Sure, but it might take 12+ wins to get by ATL and an improved NO.
Even 11 wins might lead to 3rd place in NFCS, some stupid tiebreakers and we finish behind NO and loser of SF/SEA. And lets not forget about some other team to surprise next year.

We could play real good football next year, still one or two made bad breaks/mistakes at the worst moment might ruin our season, win or just tiebreaker wise.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 29, 2013, 05:14:26 PM

AJ, our best bet is always to win the division to get into the playoffs no?

Well ya.  What I am sayin is there might not be a realalistic chance to win a wildcard, with some really good teams in the running, like the Niners or Seahawks.  In other words, its unlikely the Bucs get a wildcard with a 9-7 record .

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 01, 2013, 09:11:59 PM

The Bucs CAN contend for a playoff spot if
The Dline combines for 25 sacks and the db and LBs combine for 10 more sacks.
Akeem Spence dominates.
Bowers dominates.
Clay matches his rookie season.
Crabtree becomes a top notch TE.
Martin doesn't get hurt.
David doesn't get hurt.
GMAC doesn't get hurt.
Nicks plays 16 games.
Revis is 100% best cover corner in football.
Barron improves.
Banks holds down the no.2 cb spot.
Wright plays nickel all 16 games.
Coaching improves.
Play calling improves.

It's not impossible. Is it likely?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 01, 2013, 09:13:15 PM

One more. Freeman becomes a better game manager. Which is already covered in the improved play calling.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 01, 2013, 09:27:44 PM

We sweep the NFC South ,,,you heard it here 1st.

A prediction so bold, it has to be quoted!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 01, 2013, 11:50:47 PM

Last I checked, Ogletree was the competition for Underwood. This article was just a pretty poor summary of the Bucs roster and didn't really give any reasons as to why the Bucs may contend.

And to think people get paid to write garbage.

Not sure anyone did get paid to write this particular garbage.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 02, 2013, 11:13:16 AM

We sweep the NFC South ,,,you heard it here 1st.

A prediction so bold, it has to be quoted!!

I agree. It is bold. The answer to the question is no. The Bucs should be legitimate contenders for the division title, not just a WC.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 02, 2013, 01:39:22 PM

"the Buccaneers took Mike Glennon and it was instantly assumed that hed be stealing the job from Josh Freeman"

Guy really crapped on his own article with this bit of idiocy. How many people seriously assumed that? One percent, maybe? But then maybe this article deserved to be crapped on, most of it is little more than a rehash of the well known.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 02, 2013, 01:41:16 PM

I think they are contenders for playoffs. They have to stay healthy for the most part and if they can do that and improve on their mistakes from last year they will most definitely be in contention for playoffs. I cant wait to go to one of Training camp days. Not too far from now.

All Eyez on Me

Starter

#24 : July 02, 2013, 03:14:39 PM

If we stay healthy, Freeman has a career year and we find a consistent pass rush, i think the sky is the limit and we could make a serious run at not only the playoffs but also the Super Bowl. Baltimore showed last year that all you have to do is make the post season tournament and anything can happen. No one can tell me the Ravens were the best team in football in 2012. They got hot at the right time and caught a few good bounces along the way.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#25 : July 02, 2013, 03:17:47 PM

We have a better team than two of the playoff teams, the Vikings and Redskins IMO. It's the Giants, Saints, and Bears that I worry about.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 02, 2013, 05:18:47 PM

If we stay healthy, Freeman has a career year and we find a consistent pass rush, i think the sky is the limit and we could make a serious run at not only the playoffs but also the Super Bowl. Baltimore showed last year that all you have to do is make the post season tournament and anything can happen. No one can tell me the Ravens were the best team in football in 2012. They got hot at the right time and caught a few good bounces along the way.

Exactly. There probably wasnt many fans in Baltimore saying that they would be able to win a SB with Flacco as their QB. In fact I know some Bmore fans myself and have heard many of them say the same things as they say about Freeman here. Freeman can be as good as Flacco and if that is what you need at QB position plus a good team effort, then we can do that. We have the talent to here. Its just a lot of what ifs. Just like there was in Bmore last year. Stay healthy, get into playoffs and get hot at the right time. Anything can happen. Of course this is too optimistic for some to even think of.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 02, 2013, 05:38:28 PM

Problem is a lot of the positrolls can't distinguish between optimism and pipe dreams. Would you like me to show you what you thought was going to happen during the Raheem era?

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 02, 2013, 07:51:34 PM

Problem is a lot of the positrolls can't distinguish between optimism and pipe dreams. Would you like me to show you what you thought was going to happen during the Raheem era?

...I expected a chance to build a team that has somekind of talent and longevity instead of washed up vets, so a good HC, if not Raheem himself, has a realistic shot in winning with sooner or later. Something Gruden was totally unable to bring to the table. BTW thats the same expectations i have for Schiano now, since 3 years with the lowest payroll under Raheem, did not do enough for us

Would have been quite optimistic to exept more out of a unknow DB Coach, considering the lack of help by the Glazers it was nothing but a pipe dream.

If you want to call me positroll, i did not expect Raheem to lose the lockerroom, ending in a 10 games losing streak...sorry. Too bad i do not believe in the pipe dream of us getting an upgrade to Freeman anytime soon, especially when just using one 1st rounder on next year.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 02, 2013, 07:55:12 PM

Problem is a lot of the positrolls can't distinguish between optimism and pipe dreams.
Are the playoffs optimism or pipe dreams?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are The Bucs legitimate Wild Card contenders in the NFC ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools