Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are The Bucs legitimate Wild Card contenders in the NFC ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 02, 2013, 09:17:28 PM

We sweep the NFC South ,,,you heard it here 1st.

A prediction so bold, it has to be quoted!!

Even that doesn't guarantee a playoff spot.  IIRC the Rams swept the NFC West last year or the year before.  And didn't make the playoffs.  Losing pretty much to everyone else.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#31 : July 02, 2013, 10:21:57 PM

Even that doesn't guarantee a playoff spot.  IIRC the Rams swept the NFC West last year or the year before.  And didn't make the playoffs.  Losing pretty much to everyone else.

They went 5-1 in division last yr which considering the competition, was quite a feat!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 02, 2013, 10:37:56 PM

They went 5-1 in division last yr which considering the competition, was quite a feat!!

Oh ok, thanks.  I couldn't remember if it was a sweep or close to it.  And your right, pretty impressive in what may be the NFL's toughest division.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

gone

Hall of Famer
#33 : July 02, 2013, 10:38:56 PM

Oh ok, thanks.  I couldn't remember if it was a sweep or close to it.  And your right, pretty impressive in what may be the NFL's toughest division.

Actually, wasn't one a tie vs SF?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#34 : July 02, 2013, 10:41:07 PM

Actually, wasn't one a tie vs SF?

You are correct... they went 4-1-1 tying the 9ers and losing to Seattle 19-13
: July 02, 2013, 10:42:57 PM Hate

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 02, 2013, 10:48:14 PM

The Bucs Can win the division but, so can the aints and dirty turds.

The way I see it is all three teams have the talent, leadership, and something to prove whereas the panties are stuck with a poor HC, ugly secondary, and the rest of the nfc south.
Basically our division title is up for grabs unlike the afc east.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 03, 2013, 03:56:56 AM

IF these things happen, we will be watching the bucs in playoffs.

1) Revis in previous form.
2) Clayborn or Bowers go beastmode, or at least better than average.
3) The team stays healthy, or at least the first stringers.
4) The "beastmode" version of freeman.
5) Doug keeps bawlin'.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#37 : July 03, 2013, 08:49:40 AM

IF these things happen, we will be watching the bucs in playoffs.
1) Revis in previous form.
2) Clayborn or Bowers go beastmode, or at least better than average.
3) The team stays healthy, or at least the first stringers.
4) The "beastmode" version of freeman.
5) Doug keeps bawlin'.
i agree, and these standards arent too high.

1 - no reason he shouldnt.
2 - all we need is better than average.  we need clayborn as he has always been, and we need bowers on the field.
3 - definitely.  but everyteam in the league needs this.
4 - we dont even need the beastmode version, just the acceptable.
5 - no reason he shouldnt, with the additional experience and the return of the G's.

heck, at 60-1 i think ill even be putting some money on the Bucs winning it all.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 03, 2013, 11:08:29 AM

I'm sorry but the Falcons aren't the end all, be all in the NFC South. We nearly beat them twice. With an improved defense the Bucs will compete for the NFC South title. Health will be the major concern for me. We have very little quality depth along the DL again. And if anyone thinks that Orlovsky or Glennon is going to win games for the Bucs if Freeman gets hurt then I have a white jacket waiting for them.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : July 03, 2013, 11:14:24 AM

And if anyone thinks that Orlovsky or Glennon is going to win games for the Bucs if Freeman gets hurt then I have a white jacket waiting for them.
i think glennon's college career had major similarities to russell wilson so i dont think its impossible.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 03, 2013, 12:53:08 PM

I'm sorry but the Falcons aren't the end all, be all in the NFC South.

Couldn't agree more....over-rated as hell!!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are The Bucs legitimate Wild Card contenders in the NFC ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools