Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Walter is an idiot with an agenda « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#135 : July 08, 2013, 12:25:29 PM

Apologies for what? Dude has been a negative Buc hating d-bag ever since he left PR. Who cares if he wrote this particular garbage?

All Eyez on Me

Starter

#136 : July 08, 2013, 12:32:18 PM

Just say'n JDouble. We knocked him for something he didn't do. Thats not really fair IMO. Hey man, criticize the dude for his overall body of work but not for the crazy prediction since he didnt make it.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#137 : July 08, 2013, 12:36:17 PM

"We knocked him for something he didn't do. Thats not really fair IMO."

The majority of the posters here react to emotion, not logic.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#138 : July 08, 2013, 01:23:18 PM

Attributions matter. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#139 : July 08, 2013, 01:26:21 PM

Just say'n JDouble. We knocked him for something he didn't do. Thats not really fair IMO. Hey man, criticize the dude for his overall body of work but not for the crazy prediction since he didnt make it.

Others maybe, I never mentioned this particular article. I never even read it. All I said is I think Charlie sucks in general.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#140 : July 08, 2013, 02:51:19 PM

Like I said, never had an issue with CC.

What exactly do the haters hate about him so much? 

I fail to see the rationale. But then again, CC was a better poster than the cast that posts here often regularly. I'll spare the names, but CC was better than a bulk of the posters here, IMO.

CC got a lot of grief for nothing IMO. Calling him out?  Based on what?  The fact the Bucs have sucked for quite a while?  I don't call that hating. I call that reality.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#141 : July 08, 2013, 05:06:52 PM

A good chunk of this message thread is made up of people criticizing a guy for writing a prediction for the Bucs 2013 season that it turns out he didn't actually write? The prediction still is way off (i hope) but Charley got some undeserved hate in this thread. Apologies should be coming.

http://whatthebuc.net/2013/07/03/interview-with-charley-campbell-of-walterfootball/

So nobody that bashed Campbell in this ten page thread has the balls to eat their crow?

gone

Hall of Famer
#142 : July 08, 2013, 05:10:52 PM

A good chunk of this message thread is made up of people criticizing a guy for writing a prediction for the Bucs 2013 season that it turns out he didn't actually write? The prediction still is way off (i hope) but Charley got some undeserved hate in this thread. Apologies should be coming.

http://whatthebuc.net/2013/07/03/interview-with-charley-campbell-of-walterfootball/

So nobody that bashed Campbell in this ten page thread has the balls to eat their crow?

I think you'll find that the people bashing him didn't do it solely based on this one article, so there really isn't any reason for them to pick up a fork.  And many of the people who bashed the article didn't bash Charlie.

I don't get the hate either, but there is no reason for fried poultry at this point.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#143 : July 08, 2013, 05:19:53 PM

I fail to see the rationale. But then again, CC was a better poster than the cast that posts here often regularly. I'll spare the names, but CC was better than a bulk of the posters here, IMO.

CC got a lot of grief for nothing IMO. Calling him out?  Based on what?  The fact the Bucs have sucked for quite a while?  I don't call that hating. I call that reality.

Was Charlie the poster on PR who was hired to write for PR at one point? I can't remember.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#144 : July 08, 2013, 05:45:14 PM

Yup, regardless of who wrote the article (and I don't remember any my making any personal attacks towards CC), it's still a poorly thought out article and walterfootball still has been working on developing a reputation for this sort of thing.

Buccaneers sign WR Vincent Jackson (5 years, $55.5M; $26M guaranteed): C+ Grade
Only a C+!? The media is raving about this signing, yet I'm giving it just a C+? I obviously hate the Buccaneers!

I don't hate this signing (or the Buccaneers), but I don't like it very much either. Is that because Vincent Jackson hasn't caught more than 68 passes in a single season? No, but it doesn't help. Is that because Jackson hasn't played with a non-elite quarterback in his NFL career? No, but it doesn't help.

Here's my reasoning: Players who take tons of money in free agency, going from a playoff-caliber team to a crappy squad, have a really checkered history. Think about Sidney Rice last summer. Think about Albert Haynesworth. Think about O.J. Atogwe. Think about Zach Miller. Think about all of the bums Daniel Snyder has brought in over the years.

These players often fail because money is a greater priority for them than football. Of course money is important, but when you're getting a $55 million contract, why should $5 or so extra million command where you play football? Josh Freeman is a decent quarterback, but he won't maximize Jackson's potential like Philip Rivers could. As a consequence, Jackson's career will never be as great as it could have been. But like Rice, he doesn't care because he squeezed an extra few million out of a terrible team.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#145 : July 08, 2013, 05:46:53 PM

Was Charlie the poster on PR who was hired to write for PR at one point? I can't remember.
That was the story that was given to us. I do believe I asked him which team he rooted for on the Insider board, and he told me Da Bears.  As Scott Reynolds is a Redskin fan as well...Cook is a Buc fan.  Coolness.  So if he was a poster, not sure why a Bears fan would lurk on a Buccs board.  Just strange.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#146 : July 08, 2013, 06:53:36 PM

That was the story that was given to us. I do believe I asked him which team he rooted for on the Insider board, and he told me Da Bears.  As Scott Reynolds is a Redskin fan as well...Cook is a Buc fan.  Coolness.  So if he was a poster, not sure why a Bears fan would lurk on a Buccs board.  Just strange.

IIRC PR asked for writing submissions from board members and Charlie was chosen. I don't recall him as a poster or what his handle was. I don't really care if any of these guys was a fan of another team but a guy on another team's board who eventually becomes a writer for that publication is a bit strange.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

All Eyez on Me

Starter

#147 : July 09, 2013, 12:30:34 PM

I think CC had to move to the FLA to work with PR but i'm not sure where he moved from.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#148 : July 09, 2013, 12:48:28 PM

IIRC PR asked for writing submissions from board members and Charlie was chosen. I don't recall him as a poster or what his handle was. I don't really care if any of these guys was a fan of another team but a guy on another team's board who eventually becomes a writer for that publication is a bit strange.

I'm pretty sure Cook has said he was a poster on this board before being hired by PR.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#149 : July 10, 2013, 02:16:25 PM

5-11 seems like a crazy fall from a 7-9 season when the team was competitive and had a chance to win in nearly every game but 2.

Sometimes I think journalist and analyst look only at the box score. With Josh Freeman and a horrible secondary, and a few injuries to key players the Bucs remained in the playoff hunt and were a competent secondary from the playoffs in 2012. So adding the best CB in the league (when healthy) and Pro Bowl safety and some young talent through the draft this means the Bucs will be worse?

Sorry i don't buy it. And I'm of the mindset that Newton and Freeman are on the same level. Newton is a headcase, and Freeman is inconsistent. Worse the bucs finish this season would be 7-9 again in my eyes.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Walter is an idiot with an agenda « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools