Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Walter is an idiot with an agenda « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

#150 : July 11, 2013, 12:47:39 PM

Barring Freeman having the worst year of his career or a slew of devastating injuries I can't imagine any way that we end up that bad. We have the best RB in the division, the best O line (IMO) and a great young WR tandem. There's no excuse for our secondary (which was a huge downfall last season) to not be vastly improved. In my opinion this is simply lazy analysis. Even if Freeman is a middle of the pack QB then this team should be competitive week in and week out and should be 8-8 at least.m I'll be shocked if we win fewer than 7.
: July 11, 2013, 05:01:53 PM seanbassak

Not living, just killing time.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#151 : July 11, 2013, 04:46:27 PM

Barring Freeman having the worst year of his career or a slew of devastating injuries I can't imagine any way that we end up that bad. We have the best RB in the division, the best O line (IMO) and a great young WR tandem. There's no excuse for our secondary (which was a huge downfall last season) to not be vastly improved. In my opinion this is simply lazy analysis. Even if Freeman is a middle of the pack QB then this team should be competitive week in and week out and should be 8-8 at least.m I'll be shocked if we lose fewer than 7.

QFT

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#152 : July 11, 2013, 04:51:25 PM

"Even if Freeman is a middle of the pack QB then this team should be competitive week in and week out and should be 8-8 at least.m I'll be shocked if we lose fewer than 7."

I think the bar is a little higher, and even if Freeman is average, this team should contend for the division title. Assuming you meant win in your last sentence.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#153 : July 11, 2013, 04:57:35 PM

Personally, I agree that we *should*, but I don't think I have any real issues with an analyst type putting us in the 7-9 to 9-7 range.  Five wins is crap though.  I'm certainly not saying it couldn't happen, of course.  Far, far stranger things have happened in the league.  I just have a hard time seeing it as a reasonable prediction at this point of the offseason.

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

#154 : July 11, 2013, 05:01:08 PM

"Even if Freeman is a middle of the pack QB then this team should be competitive week in and week out and should be 8-8 at least.m I'll be shocked if we lose fewer than 7."

I think the bar is a little higher, and even if Freeman is average, this team should contend for the division title. Assuming you meant win in your last sentence.

I did mean win haha. Whoops.

Not living, just killing time.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#155 : July 16, 2013, 05:45:08 PM

2013 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Analysis: The Buccaneers will continue to be the worst team in the NFC South as long as they're the only franchise in the division that doesn't have its quarterback situation figured out. Josh Freeman has just one more chance to turn things around, but things aren't very optimistic in that regard.

Projection: 5-11 (4th in NFC South)

http://walterfootball.com/offseason2013tb.php

Am I mistaken, or did the Saints and Panthers also finish 7-9? Didn't we sweep the Panthers last year? So how can we "continue" to be the worst team in the NFC South?

Also, I love the gem about how Dominic killed the team morale last year by trading Talib....lol. What a joke that site has become!

gone

Hall of Famer
#156 : July 16, 2013, 06:06:28 PM

2013 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Analysis: The Buccaneers will continue to be the worst team in the NFC South as long as they're the only franchise in the division that doesn't have its quarterback situation figured out. Josh Freeman has just one more chance to turn things around, but things aren't very optimistic in that regard.

Projection: 5-11 (4th in NFC South)

http://walterfootball.com/offseason2013tb.php

Am I mistaken, or did the Saints and Panthers also finish 7-9? Didn't we sweep the Panthers last year? So how can we "continue" to be the worst team in the NFC South?

Also, I love the gem about how Dominic killed the team morale last year by trading Talib....lol. What a joke that site has become!

So does 5 days count as a necro, or is it just very last minute CPR?

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#157 : July 16, 2013, 06:22:12 PM

I can't wrap my head around some of the so called "experts" not giving the Bucs much respect. Yes, they were 7-9. But they were a competitive 7-9, with the #9 ranked offense in the league, that suffered from the worst passing defense in the league. The passing defense was so bad it made Christian Ponder, Sam Bradford & Nick Foles look like Pro Bowlers. Do I think they are a 12-4 team, far from it. But to discount this team as a non potential playoff threat or a team on the rise just shows what little knowledge of the overall league this writers have.

Of the 9 Bucs losses last year, 6 of the losses were by 7 points or less, and the Denver loss was an 8 point loss. Still a one possesion game. 3 of the losses (Giants, 1st Saints game, & the Eagles game) the Bucs defense blew 2 score leads late in the game.

I know each season is different in the NFL but if the Bucs offense can still be in the top half of the league and just get key stops out of their defense this team could threaten the 9-10 win range, barring any major injuries. It just baffles me that some of these supposed "experts" fail to see this.

A friend brought this to my attention earlier. Did you know the Bucs totla offense ranking of #9 was better than 7 of the 12 playoff teams? Colts, Packers, 49ers, Ravens, Seahawks, Vikings and the Bengals. Maybe I'm the eternal optimist but improve the defense and this team should be a lot of fun to watch this year.
: July 16, 2013, 07:07:24 PM Bucpride5

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#158 : July 16, 2013, 06:48:05 PM

"Am I mistaken, or did the Saints and Panthers also finish 7-9? Didn't we sweep the Panthers last year? So how can we "continue" to be the worst team in the NFC South?"

Division records were the same, next tiebreaker is points for and against. We were last in the division. In fact, the last four seasons we were: 4th, 3rd, 4th, and 4th. Makes all this clamoring for respect look asinine. We are the cellar dwellers, and will remain so until we prove otherwise.

gone

Hall of Famer
#159 : July 16, 2013, 07:19:04 PM

Overall record:
Bucs 7-9
Panthers 7-9

last 6 games:
Bucs            1-5
Panthers:     5-1

Overall record:

Bucs 7-9
Saints 7-9

Quarterback and coach:

Bucs: Josh Freeman & Greg Schiano
Saints: Drew Brees & Sean Payton

Yeah, what could those experts possibly be thinking ?
: July 16, 2013, 07:25:54 PM caradoc

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#160 : July 16, 2013, 07:24:16 PM

"Am I mistaken, or did the Saints and Panthers also finish 7-9? Didn't we sweep the Panthers last year? So how can we "continue" to be the worst team in the NFC South?"

Division records were the same, next tiebreaker is points for and against. We were last in the division. In fact, the last four seasons we were: 4th, 3rd, 4th, and 4th. Makes all this clamoring for respect look asinine. We are the cellar dwellers, and will remain so until we prove otherwise.

We had the same record as the Panthers and we beat them twice. We were not last in the division.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#161 : July 16, 2013, 07:51:12 PM

Yes, we were. It is not opinion, it is fact. We traded the thirteenth pick for Revis, Panthers picked fourteenth, Saints fifteenth, Falcons twenty-second. What would be your theory on why the Bucs drafted before the other teams in the division?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#162 : July 16, 2013, 11:17:01 PM

So the Panthers are better than us even though we beat them twice? Ok. Gotcha.

gone

Hall of Famer
#163 : July 16, 2013, 11:32:22 PM

So the Panthers are better than us even though we beat them twice? Ok. Gotcha.

We split with the Falcons so we must be equally good then, is that how this works?

gone

Hall of Famer
#164 : July 16, 2013, 11:33:17 PM

and you are still  pointedly ignoring this:

Overall record:
Bucs 7-9
Panthers 7-9

last 6 games:
Bucs            1-5
Panthers:     5-1

Overall record:

Bucs 7-9
Saints 7-9

Quarterback and coach:

Bucs: Josh Freeman & Greg Schiano
Saints: Drew Brees & Sean Payton

Yeah, what could those experts possibly be thinking ?

Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Walter is an idiot with an agenda « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools