Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Walter is an idiot with an agenda « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13

nitey

Hall of Famer
#60 : July 01, 2013, 02:54:38 PM

AB,

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, my friend in NO feels pretty much the same, although a bit more generous. He thinks another 7-9 season with the Panthers at either 5-11/6-10.

BTW, curiously he thinks that the Saints will only split with the Bucs even though we got swept by them last season, not sure if he was throwing me a bone or actually believed it though. Suspect the former. :)

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#61 : July 01, 2013, 03:15:35 PM

Since the Divisions were realigned and we we're placed in the south with the Saints....we have split or swept every year except our Super Bowl year 2002, 2006, and then last year in 2012. In the other eight years, we swept them 3 times and split 5. Overall, since the realignment, they have beat us 11 times and we have beat them 11 times. So when predicting odds it is pretty safe to count on a split.

Draft Aaron Donald

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#62 : July 01, 2013, 05:01:34 PM

I thought Free's last game against ATL was a good performance.

Lets hang our hats on a win against a team that already checked out rather than the five game crapfest before it.  Sounds good.

+1

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#63 : July 01, 2013, 06:02:19 PM

Lets hang our hats on a win against a team that already checked out rather than the five game crapfest before it.  Sounds good.

+1

The defintion 'five game crapfest' pretty much depends on TWO games (NO and STL), the other 3 games Freeman was 4TD-1INT, gave this team a 12 point lead with 5 min to go once, was an onside kick away from a potentional tying drive against the hottest team in the NFL on the road, and lost by one point against the  #1 seed in the NFC.

Yeah, this sounds 'good'...nothing like just looking at good performance in week 17, which btw was already the sarcastic ANSWER to. Not as if we are in the position to consider those kind of games as horrible anyway.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#64 : July 01, 2013, 06:22:38 PM

Gotta put a team like that away. Freeman lacks a killer instinct? 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#65 : July 01, 2013, 08:34:44 PM

+1

The defintion 'five game crapfest' pretty much depends on TWO games (NO and STL), the other 3 games Freeman was 4TD-1INT, gave this team a 12 point lead with 5 min to go once, was an onside kick away from a potentional tying drive against the hottest team in the NFL on the road, and lost by one point against the  #1 seed in the NFC.

Yeah, this sounds 'good'...nothing like just looking at good performance in week 17, which btw was already the sarcastic ANSWER to. Not as if we are in the position to consider those kind of games as horrible anyway.

Yes, lets ignore the part of the Eagles game where Freeman played like crap while the defense kept the Bucs in that game. Lets also paint a false portrait of a game where the Bucs were whipped in the second half and the Broncos pretty much sat on the clock and played prevent on defense. The final score was not a proper indication of how much better the Broncos were that Sunday. I will say that I thought Freeman played well in the ATL game, but not in the other 4.

Your cherry picking and attempts at slanting reality won't work here. Anyone who tries to say that he didn't play like crap in those 4 games is lying or didn't actually watch the games. Was he the sole reason why we lost those games? Absolutely not...but attempt to portray that there was nothing wrong with how he played in the Den and the Phi games is absurd.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#66 : July 01, 2013, 09:35:02 PM

His play in the Philly game was absolutely brutal

-------------------------------------------------------

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#67 : July 01, 2013, 09:50:08 PM

Guess you guys feel Schiano either doesn't know what he is talking about, or has been bitten by the disingenuous bug.  Perhaps all the meat has been stripped from this bone and soon most all will be hoping Schiano both knows what he is talking about insofar as knowledge of Freeman's play, and is not one to mislead.  Funny to see the determination to be right about the potential failure of a key to the bucs success.  And that isn't funny in the ha ha type. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#68 : July 01, 2013, 11:33:57 PM

I'm sure Schiano is smart enough to see the truth....which is Freeman has been very inconsistent and unreliable for two straight seasons. But he hoping and praying he snaps out of it this year and proves himself to be worthy of a new contract. No coach wants to be searching for a QB.

Draft Aaron Donald

gone

Hall of Famer
#69 : July 01, 2013, 11:42:27 PM

I'm sure Schiano is smart enough to see the truth....which is Freeman has been very inconsistent and unreliable for two straight seasons. But he hoping and praying he snaps out of it this year and proves himself to be worthy of a new contract. No coach wants to be searching for a QB.

No fan wants to either.  I sure as hell hope Josh turns it around.  But I don't buy the line of reasoning that I have to ignore his faults as a player in order hope he is successful. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#70 : July 01, 2013, 11:52:48 PM

No fan wants to either.  I sure as hell hope Josh turns it around.  But I don't buy the line of reasoning that I have to ignore his faults as a player in order hope he is successful.

I agree. No reason to wear the rose colored glasses and ignore the obvious....yet some do.

For Schiano though, as HC he needs to be doing just that. He has to stand behind Freeman as his biggest cheerleader and show 100% support. Otherwise he is just damning himself and his coaching career. Creating a QB controversy or allowing an imaginary one to develop would be no good for anyone involved.

Draft Aaron Donald

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#71 : July 01, 2013, 11:56:32 PM

+1

Yes, lets ignore the part of the Eagles game where Freeman played like crap while the defense kept the Bucs in that game. Lets also paint a false portrait of a game where the Bucs were whipped in the second half and the Broncos pretty much sat on the clock and played prevent on defense. The final score was not a proper indication of how much better the Broncos were that Sunday. I will say that I thought Freeman played well in the ATL game, but not in the other 4.

Your cherry picking and attempts at slanting reality won't work here. Anyone who tries to say that he didn't play like crap in those 4 games is lying or didn't actually watch the games. Was he the sole reason why we lost those games? Absolutely not...but attempt to portray that there was nothing wrong with how he played in the Den and the Phi games is absurd.

That Broncos game was all Manning, the Bucs secondary was lost the entire game. Weeks 15 and 16 were the worst 2 by Freeman, in Ealges game the defense allowed the Eagles to drive down and score with very little effort. I see everyone is willing to crush Freeman, but the defense lost most of the games by not getting any stops in crunch time. HOWEVER, this is it for Freeman. He has this year or it's time to move on.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#72 : July 02, 2013, 12:22:30 AM

That Broncos game was all Manning, the Bucs secondary was lost the entire game.

We were up 10-7 at half time. Manning drove down the field on their first possession and threw a TD. After that he had thrown an interception and fumbled the ball. He couldn't do anything for the rest of the 1st half. Our defense did their job....at least for awhile.

In the 3rd quarter our offense was useless and went 3 & out every possession....except the time where Freeman threw an pick six to Von Miller. We lost the game in the 3rd quarter. The offense just hung the defense out to dry and the defense crumbled. Things got out of hand and it was over. Saying the the secondary was lost the entire game and the entire game was "All Manning" is completely false though.
: July 02, 2013, 12:28:03 AM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#73 : July 02, 2013, 07:27:45 AM

Yup. That was hardly "All Manning". Not only did our offense not do anything in the 3rd quarter...Trendon Holiday's returns also put the Broncos in or on the cusp of Bucs territory on every drive in that quarter.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#74 : July 02, 2013, 08:55:20 AM

So Freeman played like crap against PHI and DEN, what is the describtion for his 'performences' against NO and STL then?
Seriously. when Freeman gives us games like PHI and DEN as his worst games, i would be happy, because seeing an opportunity to win those games with other units of our team.

Those 4 games (which started as a 'horrific month and a half'), were his worst stretch, mostly due to his really bad games vs NO and STL, and the fact of DEN and PHI being played prior to. Sorry, but my understanding of playing like crap is giving your team no chance on winning the game, a 12 point lead late in 4th Q is the exact opposite of, or do we not care about win anymore? Wonder what some guys expected us to do against DEN on the road, an onside kick away from maybe tying the game was the best case scenario i could come up with before the game.

If Freeman can stay away from playing like crap as he did vs NO and STL, we should be in a good position to scratch for the POs, especially if he also has a nice 5 game stretch, far way from losing the games alone. 
But i guess the next guy will never have games like PHI and DEN. Good luck Mr 1st round pick of 2014, after your 1st below 90 QBR game(1st game vs ATL was 90.1, considered as crap at 1st aswell) you will get thrown under bus by those fans with 'realistic' expactations.

But yeah, hang your hat on those two games(NO and STL) and then cry about cherry picking.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Walter is an idiot with an agenda « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools