Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you have preferred this? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
: June 30, 2013, 12:38:42 PM

Bucs signing a FA CB like Cox, Cason, or Lewis instead of trading for Revis, resign Bennett, , drafting Star Lotulelei or Sharrif Floyd in the first, Banks in the 2nd, and another CB in the 3rd or 4th round?  Goldson would still be signed as well. 

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 30, 2013, 12:56:02 PM

Nope.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 30, 2013, 01:02:54 PM

Nope

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 30, 2013, 01:05:42 PM

Nope

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#4 : June 30, 2013, 01:09:22 PM

More depth at DE, the potential to have the best DT tandem in the league, and the secondary would still be improved with the additions if Goldson, the FA vet,  Banks, and the other rookie, say a Will Davis or a Logan Ryan.  Sure there is a trade off in not having the star CB but other areas would definitely be looking better.  Not to mention the two 4th round picks used on DLmen could have then been used elsewhere.  I know most of you will refuse to consider this option because you never question the moves this team makes but there were other options to improve this team and I think this is a reasonable scenario that might of had a bigger impact.
: June 30, 2013, 01:14:09 PM Skull and Bones

Madman

Hall of Famer
#5 : June 30, 2013, 01:09:27 PM

And nope.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : June 30, 2013, 01:13:06 PM

Good op. If Revis is at his best, it's a no brainier. But if he is soso, it may be that this was the better option. You take an educated guess. I like our decision, but it certainly is no guarantee at anything.

In Verner We Trust

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 30, 2013, 01:16:59 PM

Both would be question marks. We still dont know if we're going to get Revis of old but we wouldn't know what we would get with what your proposing either. I'd say its a toss up. I can't argue with the aggressive choice they made though. Plus it's a move that while they have up their first rounder they took a gamble on the best player at that position on the league. A position we really needed to have filled. I like what we did. Dom took a fashionable gamble. One that we can cut ties with if it doesn't work out.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 30, 2013, 01:18:37 PM

If Revis isn't the old Revis or Bowers, Clayborn , or McCoy, all of who have injury histories, get injured you "nope" guys might not be saying that.  Depth is a big part of competing in this league.  We would also have about another $10 mil a year to spend in FA under this scenario. 

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 30, 2013, 01:20:04 PM

If we did this, the OP would be complaining about how our CB's still suck, and that we should have made a push to get a big name CB like Revis.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 30, 2013, 01:27:25 PM

And if we had done this you would be defending it against anyone say we should have traded for Revis. 

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 30, 2013, 01:29:51 PM

Nope

youngone

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 30, 2013, 01:31:25 PM

With the quarterbacks in our division those many rookies and just one half a decent guy would still get torched. I'm glad they took the best possible scenario when fixing our biggest problem than just filling out the team with more question marks.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#13 : June 30, 2013, 01:34:58 PM

And if we had done this you would be defending it against anyone say we should have traded for Revis.

Nope. I'm a realist about the team. You're a pessimistic/troll who bashes every move the Bucs make because you miss Gruden.

I would honestly be fine with either of these situations. I'm not going to complain though when we fix the biggest weakness of our team by getting the best player at the position for a good deal. And if we don't get Revis, we still don't have a #1 CB. Derek Cox makes for a good #2, but he would get burned as a #1.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#14 : June 30, 2013, 01:49:05 PM

But did we just make the DL our new biggest weakness in the process and tie up a huge amount of cap space on one player?  And did we use three draft picks trying to replace the two DLmen  that we didnt resign and most likely didnt even upgrade the positions in the process?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you have preferred this? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools