Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs first 4 opponents are teams in turmoil, is that good or bad ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 01, 2013, 07:45:56 PM

At worst I think they start out 2 and 2. Losing to a bad team early in the year(jets d is still pretty good) means very little. Good teams lose to bad teams all the time in the NFL. As long as they don't lose too many of the "should win games" and steal a couple of "likely to lose" games, they should be in the playoffs.

Hinging the entire season or peoples jobs on a week one loss to a bad team is extremely overly dramatic. They could lose to the Jets and then win the next 4 and are heading into a week 7 matchup against the Falcons at 4-1. Their first 5 opponents all look beatable at this point and 2-3 teams look to be wins if they are improved over last year. Expecting them to bomb because they lose to one of those bad teams is extreme.

Good points.   I still believe you gotta win the winnable games.  Say they lost to the Jets.  Then they need to win a big game against NE, Seahawks, or Niners, to make up for that opening day loss they should have won.

They could very well be in playoff contention. And the playoffs could hinge on that Dec 15th game against the Niners.  All because of a early opening day loss to the Jets.   

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 01, 2013, 07:55:00 PM

I believe it to be a totally a good thing. And having the jets the first game is even better.

It gets the ball rolling for the entire team if they come out with a W the first game, which they should against a team that sold off their best player and weren't very good before that transpired.

Also, those are teams who Tampa could probably screw up on a few downs and still be in the game (besides the Pats). If Tampa loses against the pats, mentally it's not as rough as losing to the Saints, AZ, or jets. The set up of this schedule is actually quite nice as long as they stay healthy. A few injuries and a heartbreaker game might just ruin any momentum they have, but it shouldn't happen right away if it does. I think Tampa is in the clear through the first five, assuming Brady isn't going superman.

Other than the Pats and NO, they should own the first portion of the season.
: July 01, 2013, 07:58:10 PM Benchwarmer#1

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 01, 2013, 08:39:06 PM

Blah blah blah.

Jets suck.

Bucs have a lot of expectations.

Coach and GM need to win this year. Show what they are doing makes sense. Particularly Dom. No playoffs. Losing record. Not good.

Spin away minstrels and weavers. All I hear are excuses.

Just Win, Baby. (RIP Al)

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 01, 2013, 08:43:08 PM

Blah blah blah.

Jets suck.

Bucs have a lot of expectations.

Coach and GM need to win this year. Show what they are doing makes sense. Particularly Dom. No playoffs. Losing record. Not good.

Spin away minstrels and weavers. All I hear are excuses.

Just Win, Baby. (RIP Al)

Oh the irony. Theres no spin. 1 game early wont determine the season or if they make the playoffs. Its more likely to be how they do down the final stretch that determines their fate. Love the java esque extremes.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 01, 2013, 08:48:01 PM

Gotta beat a lowly Jets early. Period.

If the Bucs cannot handle that, it will be an omen of bad to come.

Throwing out the prognostication. I did this same thing regarding the Lions a few years ago. Even had a conversation on the PR with a Lions fan. Remember that guy?  Anyways, I basically said the Bucs had to beat the Lions. If they didn't, it would be a long season. I feel the same regarding this game versus te Jets.

Gotta beat them. No excuses. If they simply win, all the other stuff vaporizes.

Jets suck.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 01, 2013, 10:36:01 PM

Can't believe how different the Pats will look this year personnel-wise.

It all boils down to opportunities.

If the Bucs handle their business they have enough talent to win all four of these games.

Turn the page.

gone

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 01, 2013, 11:35:26 PM

Jets game is really setting up to be a classic trap game.  Better not blow it.  I don't buy the other teams being in "turmoil" at all.  Saints and Pats aren't pushovers.  Cards could easily surprise as well.  If we want to be serious about playoffs we really need to be over the .500 mark after our first 6 games, because the rest of the schedule looks to toughen up considerably after the Eagle game.  December could be brutal given our performance against good teams and our new habit of stumbling down the stretch -- our last seven games only have one I feel is a "should win"  at this point. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 01, 2013, 11:53:22 PM

And blowing it is what they would be doing by losing to this crappy Jets team with a living joke as a QB.

With the massive upgrades this season, losing to a team like the Jets would not bode well for the future against some solid teams.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 02, 2013, 11:59:16 AM

we aint losing the the Jets.  Bucs -3.  bet the farm.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 02, 2013, 01:21:41 PM

Turmoil?   Not so much.

Distracted?   Absolutely.

Chips on their shoulders as a result?   Maybe.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 03, 2013, 10:41:26 AM

I disagree with this article and the explanations to support it is poor.

Week 1 Jets. Turmoil, yes at QB. They still have a defense especially pass defense that every opponent should take seriously.

What makes you say they have a good pass defense? They will be starting rookie Dee Milliner week one opposite Antonio Cromartie, who couldn't even preform as good as Bucs 2012 rookie DB Leonard Johnson. At safety the Jets are starting a solid but not special vet in Dawan Landry, who turns 32 years old in december, along side sophmore Josh Bush who's only pulse on the stat line is his whopping 11 combined tackles. That combination of defensive backs hardly seems like a fearsome bunch. If there is anything about the 2013 Jets that should make you worry it should be their run D. I have a feeling pro-bowler Doug Martin will take care of that though.

They were ranked second in pass defense even without Revis. I wouldn't call that turmoil.

But were they ranked 2nd because they are good or because the O is soooo bad opponents had a big lead and didn't need to throw and were just running out the clock?

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs first 4 opponents are teams in turmoil, is that good or bad ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools