Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL Total Access « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Hate

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 02, 2013, 11:21:32 PM

Keep it up in the first place or just traded him this offseason.

There was no reason to give anyone a reason to think anything. After this season Schiano could've ran with anyone he liked anyway and kept morale high in the meantime.

I mean, we can keep kicking freeman in the teeth, but he's not going to get any better at playing harmonica. Should have just lied and moved on. Either way, he's sneaking past the truth like Clinton in his prime.

huh?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

gone

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 02, 2013, 11:47:42 PM

Thanks for posting, I had missed it. I like our coach. Everytime I hear him talk it gives me confidence about the upcoming season.

I just don't like how he's handling the QB situation.

It's like he's b1tchslapping freeman around, while saying "you're my guy."

..Shades of Kwame Harris right there.

I gotta agree with this.  No longer Freepologist, but Schiano needs to STFU.  The more he says "Josh is my guy" the more you have to wonder why he feels compelled to keep saying it.  Just shut up already.  Next time someone asks, say "we already adressed that.  Next question?".

Hate

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 02, 2013, 11:50:46 PM

Thanks for posting, I had missed it. I like our coach. Everytime I hear him talk it gives me confidence about the upcoming season.

I gotta agree with this.  No longer Freepologist, but Schiano needs to STFU.  The more he says "Josh is my guy" the more you have to wonder why he feels compelled to keep saying it.  Just shut up already.  Next time someone asks, say "we already adressed that.  Next question?".

this is a grown man business....can't be concerned with feelings.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 02, 2013, 11:52:01 PM

Furthermore, if Free's play was up to par, the media wouldn't feel so compelled to keep asking him about it.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 03, 2013, 12:12:54 AM

this is a grown man business....can't be concerned with feelings.

Preach.

Furthermore, if Free's play was up to par, the media wouldn't feel so compelled to keep asking him about it.

PREACH!!!  *uses Sunday bulletin to fan self*

gone

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 03, 2013, 12:21:19 AM

It's got nothing to do with hurting feelings.  I could give a rat's ass if Josh gets his panties in a wad.  But after a time it becomes a problem.  It's one thing to say it once, but after a while it isn't just indifferent, it's obnoxious.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 03, 2013, 12:55:00 AM

It's got nothing to do with hurting feelings.  I could give a rat's ass if Josh gets his panties in a wad.  But after a time it becomes a problem.  It's one thing to say it once, but after a while it isn't just indifferent, it's obnoxious.

One man's opinion.

Not much of what coach says bother's me because 99% of what is spoken publically should be taken with a grain of salt. I truly believe the intelligent posters amongst us know what the deal is.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 03, 2013, 03:18:14 AM

One man's opinion.

Not much of what coach says bother's me because 99% of what is spoken publically should be taken with a grain of salt. I truly believe the intelligent posters amongst us know what the deal is.

Gain of salt, feelings, etc...doesn't matter.

The point is that he's beating a dead horse, or at least allowing the media to keep asking without directly standing up for the guy.

In the "complement samwich" Schiano gave out, freeman didn't even get a tomato slice. Which has been what he's been doing now for awhile.

Maybe it's his inexperiance talking to the national media, or maybe he just can't say anything nice about free? Point is, he has the power to stop the questions if he really wanted to, but instead gives his backup praise while half-assing his way though defending freeman. It's really not a good set up and might cost us the season, and possibly freeman (after he lights it up).

If I were him, I'd leave for greener pastures, where people wanted me around, and with a team that has a hometown crowd. Then again, if I were freeman, I wouldn't have done the Jackson shoot, so there's no telling what he's thinking. There are a few teams that would pick him up as a starter, so it's not like he can't find a new home either.  Something tells me Schiano wants him gone and is pushing for it.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 03, 2013, 07:28:56 AM

I don't see the problem. He was rightfully concerned about an unreliable Freeman and wanted competition to push him, fans and media took it a little overboard, Freeman looked really good this spring while Napoleon Dynamite looked awful....and now he has no choice but to stand behind Freeman 100%, which is what he is doing. Kicking Freeman in the teeth? Some people are always gonna complain about something.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 03, 2013, 07:37:06 AM

I think schianos comments are non issues. Simple coach speak. Just because we here it a lot doesnt mean the national media does so they continue to ask. Most dont know very much about teams like the bucs....or they dont report it.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 03, 2013, 08:56:32 AM

Some people are always gonna complain about something.
preach that.

we get some national TV time...and our fans now want our coach to "no comment" to the world?  he stands up for his QB, he says theres no competition there, he tells the entire NFL world that freeman has looked real good and we are excited about him and this coming season...and our fans complain?

it would have been a great interview if schiano went all belichick, wouldnt it?  then you guys could get back to complianing about his ego.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 03, 2013, 09:08:00 AM

People complain and gripe either way. Freeman as great then really bad then mediocre. We need better play out of our QB and everyone could, can and does see it. There was no one available in FA who was any better so we took a guy and are gonna let him compete. Freeman is still the best QB on the roster so he's still the man. It's simple.

We won on Freeman's back and we lost on Freeman's back, with help from the defense. The defense has been fixed or vastly improved so it looks like right now, our QB situation is the keystone to the Bucs being a playoff team in 2013.

Bring in competition means kicking him in the teeth. Not bringing in competition means we don't care about winning. Which is it folks?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Hate

Hall of Famer
#27 : July 03, 2013, 09:36:36 AM

Something tells me Schiano wants him gone and is pushing for it.

Maybe he does....and he's well within his right to do so. The guy's play is maddening and every coach wants HIS guy.... and he didn't pick him.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 03, 2013, 10:48:32 AM

Bring in competition means kicking him in the teeth. Not bringing in competition means we don't care about winning. Which is it folks?
great way to look at it.  we can complain no matter what!

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 03, 2013, 12:29:35 PM

great way to look at it. 

That's the only way to look at it. Some are just gonna bltch regardless.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL Total Access « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools