Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 5 REASONS WHY BUCS FANS SHOULD FILL THE STADIUM IN 2013 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#45 : July 03, 2013, 09:39:42 AM

"Any insistence that the Glazer family is cheap or focused on Manchester United instead of the Buccaneers has been proven wrong for the second year in a row."

Actually, the theory was that the Glazers went cheap on the Bucs while they were having cash flow problems due to the purchase of ManU, and reinvested in the Bucs once those issues were resolved. This second year of spending doesn't refute that theory, it supports it.
correct me if I'm wrong but didnt they have to spend money the last two years due to the salary cap floor?

I think the cap floor does not become 'effectiv' until 2015/16? But might be tough(not smart) to hit in with one single offseaon though.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#46 : July 03, 2013, 09:50:45 AM

The Bucs spent a ton of money in free agency in 2004, 2007, 2008, and 2009, and the main reason they didn't spend in 2005 and 2006 was because of cap problems from spending so much money.

And GruAllen spent it on garbage. No wonder the Glazers changed the combo to the safe.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#47 : July 03, 2013, 09:53:57 AM

I'm of the belief that free agency is used to compliment the core, not compensate for lack of one.

This might be true for teams, that already have a core from good drafting, tight on cap space because of, and therfore just have 'access' to a very limited group of FAs able to improve their teams.

But when almost every FA is an upgrade to your team that thinks it has the luxery to let starters like Caddy and Ruud walk away(who are not could but would have been 'starters'), you are bleeding out and you will still feel the consequence of years later.

The letting Caddy and Ruud walk comment isn't even worthy of response but i will ask..... have you not been watching Daniel Snyder's modus operandi? You cannot build a team via free agency.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#48 : July 03, 2013, 09:54:27 AM

You mean like on Clayton, Ward, Black and Wright?  Oh wait, that was the next GM.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#49 : July 03, 2013, 09:59:10 AM

The Bucs spent a ton of money in free agency in 2004, 2007, 2008, and 2009, and the main reason they didn't spend in 2005 and 2006 was because of cap problems from spending so much money.

And GruAllen spent it on garbage. No wonder the Glazers changed the combo to the safe.
I don't think you can even say that. Again, there's only one year of this time period you can legitimately say the Bucs had money to spend on quality players and chose not to and that's the year Dominik said he was so excited about Ted Larsen he didn't need any players from "the outside".

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#50 : July 03, 2013, 10:15:48 AM

The letting Caddy and Ruud walk comment isn't even worthy of response but i will ask..... have you not been watching Daniel Snyder's modus operandi? You cannot build a team via free agency.

You base your opinion on overall success AFTER the actions ( by Snyder),trying to see a correlation between those two things, labeling FAs signings as a cause and win% as the effect of,  but you are not looking at the circumstances BEFORE those actions, other causes for the win% to be effected by.
We had no core to build around then, and Dom had no core to build around either, not even signed FAs from the Gruden years other than D Penn.

We did not just pass on bringing in FAs, we also let potential starters like Caddy or Ruud. The fact both of those guys are not even good, should tell you some about the overall talent of our team, when they were and would have be helping this team.

You can not build a team without drafting, no FAs other than washed up veterans and then also let the only one or two semi good draft picks walk away.  You then do not have any core to build around.
When you have issues drafting, you have to find potential starters elsewhere. After that we can tallk about having a core to build around, and in our case not having one.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#51 : July 03, 2013, 10:15:55 AM

Actually that year we signed Trueblood and Davin.  True got $5 mil a year and Davin around $8.  On a side nite Yanda resigned with the Ravens for 5 years $32 mil.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#52 : July 03, 2013, 10:46:42 AM

People enjoy the luxuries of watching the HDTV in air conditioning, cheap beer, cheaper food, and the ability to change the channel ad lib when a game gets to out of hand. Going to games isn't a big deal for many of the former season ticket holders who are now staying home. This is a big fairweather fanbase filled to hundreds of thousands of transplants - that combination make for a lot of open read seats during games, imo.

Sitting at home if fine and dandy unless the games are blacked out. So your point is kinda moot.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#53 : July 03, 2013, 10:50:55 AM

Anyone know that if a game is Blacked out will they still show on DirectTV in Los Angeles? I'm assuming it will be shown but I hate assuming.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#54 : July 03, 2013, 12:55:31 PM

Anyone know that if a game is Blacked out will they still show on DirectTV in Los Angeles? I'm assuming it will be shown but I hate assuming.

A game blacked out here will be shown outside of the area.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#55 : July 03, 2013, 01:20:33 PM

People enjoy the luxuries of watching the HDTV in air conditioning, cheap beer, cheaper food, and the ability to change the channel ad lib when a game gets to out of hand. Going to games isn't a big deal for many of the former season ticket holders who are now staying home. This is a big fairweather fanbase filled to hundreds of thousands of transplants - that combination make for a lot of open read seats during games, imo.

Sitting at home if fine and dandy unless the games are blacked out. So your point is kinda moot.

There are ways around the blackouts my friend.  And if you don't like that, there's the Redzone and other games other than TB Bucs being broadcasted.

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#56 : July 03, 2013, 06:33:25 PM

He didn't bring it up, Cook did, and then implied he was a stupid troll. Extremely unprofessional.

And for the record Von.. or Java's ghost... Morgan and I throw jabs back and forth. Friendly sparring. He is one of the few on here who is a fan of my radio work. We are cool.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#57 : July 03, 2013, 06:37:16 PM

Definitely not Java's ghost.  Illuminator's maybe. 

bucs63

Starter

#58 : July 03, 2013, 06:41:15 PM

A game blacked out here will be shown outside of the area.
True. Unfortunately, if you're in Florida, that area can be pretty small.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#59 : July 03, 2013, 06:44:39 PM

Definitely not Java's ghost.  Illuminator's maybe.

I think you're right. I usually can detect Java's sentence structure -
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 5 REASONS WHY BUCS FANS SHOULD FILL THE STADIUM IN 2013 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools