Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Mike Williams contract negotiations just get a little more complicated ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 09, 2013, 01:46:35 PM

I really wish MW would step away from Twitter.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 09, 2013, 02:08:34 PM

The Bucs and Williams both want to get a deal done before training camp, but Cruz's contract may complicate things.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/7/8/4504474/victor-cruz-contract-implications-for-buccaneers-mike-williams

No it won't.  Cruz only played in 3 games in 2010 and that was on the kick and punt coverage teams.  He didn't play 1 offensive snap the entire year.  So basically, Cruz's cumulative numbers are almost just as good as Williams in 1 less year.

Williams should get ABOUT what Stevie Johnson got.

The difference between Cruz and Stevie Johnson's contract is about $250k per year.

I'll have to check the details, but that doesn't sound right.  Cruz got $43M for 5 years... that's $8.6M per season.  Johnson got 5 for $36M... that's $7.2M per season.  That's over $1.4M per year difference... not $250K.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 09, 2013, 02:10:25 PM

Rotoworld shows Cruz getting 6 years $46 million, or $7.6M per season.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 09, 2013, 03:26:44 PM

According to the OP, it said the Cruz signed a 5 year extension for $43M.  Johnson signed a 5 year extension for 36M.  That's a difference of $7M over 5 years... $1.4M per year.  What am I missing?  Is there a more accurate update than the OP's post from Glazer?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 09, 2013, 03:30:36 PM

According to the OP, it said the Cruz signed a 5 year extension for $43M.  Johnson signed a 5 year extension for 36M.  That's a difference of $7M over 5 years... $1.4M per year.  What am I missing?  Is there a more accurate update than the OP's post from Glazer?
They're probably rolling the $3 million he was due in 2013 into it. He's now under contract through 2018, which is 6 years from now. He got $43 million in new money for a total of $46 million.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 09, 2013, 03:43:17 PM

They're probably rolling the $3 million he was due in 2013 into it. He's now under contract through 2018, which is 6 years from now. He got $43 million in new money for a total of $46 million.

Gotchya, they're not incorporating this year... they're adding to it, where as Johnson's was 5 new years.  Ok, so there we go.  Give Williams that same deal and we can all move on.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 09, 2013, 03:50:13 PM

Yes, Stevie Johnson had completed his rookie contract and was set to become an unrestricted free agent.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 09, 2013, 10:15:26 PM

Not sure why you locked the other thread Michael218742154683425187.......but just to keep things in focus.....

Agree, now some of us may miss those pearls of wisdom you dropped in that other thread.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 09, 2013, 10:21:26 PM

Hey I was just sharing the actual numbers of other recent contracts for receivers. I think if you're going to have a discussion on the matter, it's good to have all the facts and a realistic perspective.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Mike Williams contract negotiations just get a little more complicated ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools