Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anybody else worried about RB? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 03, 2013, 11:20:32 AM

im not worried at all.  backup RB's are interchangable.  they block and they hit holes. 

some folks want to argue how great a back martin is...but in the same breath they expect to have a backup just as good.
i think you are forgetting we already had a capable backup in Blount before the draft and gave him away for basically nothing.  Replacing him him a guy that isn't capable of producing like we know LGB was is a step backwards. 

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 03, 2013, 11:25:17 AM

Skull has a point. Could have still had James and Blount.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 03, 2013, 11:26:25 AM

Teams with good offensive lines are supposed to be able to plug in anonymous back ups and get production.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 03, 2013, 11:35:40 AM

As long as Josh Freeman is playing well than our offense should be good enough so that throwing in any RB will be fine, especially with Joseph and Nicks coming back. We should have just kept Blount though. With the improved secondary  hopefully we can hold leads, which would make Blount more valuable than last year where we still needed to throw in the 4th quarter.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#19 : July 03, 2013, 11:37:10 AM

Skull has a point. Could have still had James and Blount.

We could have 52 more RBs to maybe step up incase for Martin goes down.

But we maybe also could look for a guy that has the ability to compliment Martin while he is still healthy, something Blount was unable to do last year.  At one point you run out of roster spots, draft picks  to fill those 'needs'.

Yeah those guys on the market now are clearly better than anyone that gets cut after the preseason, guys that are still under contract as of today.  They are not anyones garbage. lol

youngone

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 03, 2013, 11:37:45 AM

im not worried at all.  backup RB's are interchangable.  they block and they hit holes. 

some folks want to argue how great a back martin is...but in the same breath they expect to have a backup just as good.
i think you are forgetting we already had a capable backup in Blount before the draft and gave him away for basically nothing.  Replacing him him a guy that isn't capable of producing like we know LGB was is a step backwards.
Capable of what exactly? What did he do last year? He couldnt get on the field.

All Eyez on Me

Starter

#21 : July 03, 2013, 11:38:02 AM

I should have been clear that i never really cared much for Blount. Not saying we should not have traded him. Just worried with the 'unknown' behind Doug Martin. Some of you had a good point that our 0-line is like what denver used to be -- put any RB back there and they can have success. Lets hope Doug Martin finds a way to stay healthy all year though.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 03, 2013, 11:41:15 AM

capable of being a 1000 yard runner if starting.  Or are you going to pretend that didnt happen since it doesn't support your koolaid slurping. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 03, 2013, 11:44:29 AM

Dom is really rolling the dice this season at some key spots. Most notably at DE where there are just bags of rocks (in reality) for players, but Dom is hoping a diamond is in each bag. As I do.

I think DQB given a full slate of sixteen and the starting nod will have a beast season. Clayborn is Greg Spires deluxe. The return of the Dirty Crane.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#24 : July 03, 2013, 11:47:55 AM

...Just worried with the 'unknown' behind Doug Martin. ...

This is what happens when DRAFTING, especially with late picks.
How else do you want to adress the RB depth? Higher picks, which leads to missing out on potential starters at other positions? What are you doing with late picks then anyway? At one point you you also have to give those guys a chance to be more than just an unknow backup.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 03, 2013, 11:51:19 AM

i think you are forgetting he averaged 3.7 ypc last season.  his production has decreased every season.  i bet he'd be great in an individual sport, but he certainly doesnt look to be a team guy.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

All Eyez on Me

Starter

#26 : July 03, 2013, 11:51:27 AM

I hear you Qaz. Just saying that this is a position that worries me. I do feel better knowing that we have one of the better O-lines in football. This should help RBs no matter which one is playing. I just really want to know if Freeman is the guy or not this year, and if we lose our starting RB i am afraid it will make it difficult to judge him in some aspects. Same with if we lost Vincent Jackson for long.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#27 : July 03, 2013, 11:52:12 AM

capable of being a 1000 yard runner if starting.  Or are you going to pretend that didnt happen since it doesn't support your koolaid slurping.

What kept Blount from doing this in 2011? Which probably was the reason why we got Martin in 1st place. Blount could not compliment Martin last year, something we also should think about, the 'unlikely' scenario in which Martin stays healthy

youngone

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 03, 2013, 11:52:28 AM

Then if that's all it takes why is Micheal Turner and Willis MaGahee still jobless? Why did we even draft Martin then? Blount had a 1000 yards some ago, and so did Derrick Ward.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 03, 2013, 11:52:40 AM

What exactly is a "team guy"?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anybody else worried about RB? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools