Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jaws QB Countdown for 2012 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 05, 2013, 03:20:09 PM

Josh got married?  Hadn't heard that.  What's his husband's name?

Well good for him.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 05, 2013, 03:28:28 PM

BUT BUT BUT he had franchise records!!!!  FRANCHISE RECORDS!!!!  We have a strong history of great passers here!!!

FRANCHISE RECORDS!!!!

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 05, 2013, 06:07:41 PM

BUT BUT BUT he had franchise records!!!!  FRANCHISE RECORDS!!!!  We have a strong history of great passers here!!!

FRANCHISE RECORDS!!!!

xd, our franchise record holder is ranked by #21 by Jaws, we are set for years to come.. lets talk plan E at backup RB or how we wasted a 3rd round pick on Glennon.
I wonder how much money Freeman will make in 2014 and beyond.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 05, 2013, 06:18:02 PM

Freeman at #21 seem fair looking at his play. By the end of the year Freeman will be top 10.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 05, 2013, 06:39:51 PM

I think one thing all the Free "haters" and "poloists" can agree on is that its a make or break season for 5. If he cant put it together this season he will likely move on to another team and we will likely give Glennon a shot or a FA vet. I expect him to have his best season as a Buc but it doesnt really matter what I think. Josh has to go out and prove it himself.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#35 : July 05, 2013, 06:41:24 PM

A second year in the system and the return of Nicks and Joseph should help immensely.

How is that gonna aid him in going thru his progressions and improve his accuracy??

Subconsciously understanding the play, getting less frequently pressured and by this FEELING less pressure should allow him to use his ressources elsewhere, for instance going through his progression or focusing on his mechanics.

I wonder how you got through driving school, i guess checking the rearview mirror become a habit the moment you sat in a car for the first time, right? F/e not having to check every single road name to find the way to your destination , subconsciously following your route, allows you to concentrate on other things, like energy saving use of the gas pedal or flirting with the hottie in the car next to you.

Simple things like getting married might already have a huge impact on him, in case some of the rumors are true and those really have negative effects on his play right now.

The problem with your analogy is that he didn't just start driving. He was handed the keys and has been behind the wheel for 56 games with minimal improvement. And minimal is being generous.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

gone

Hall of Famer
#36 : July 05, 2013, 06:48:08 PM

A second year in the system and the return of Nicks and Joseph should help immensely.
im not sure that will help going through progressions.

when freeman knows where he is (or even has to) go with the ball presnap, its usually good.  when something changes and his first option doesnt come open...thats when i worry.

When Freeman feels stress, he seems to make quicker/misses reads than he does when he's feeling comfortable in the pocket. The return of Nicks and Joseph WILL help with that. Freeman is never going to be Tom Brady, but if the line can keep him comfortable, I think he'll do well.

While this sounds nice in theory, in practice it falls flat.  If Josh has longer in the pocket it just means he's going to stare down his receiver longer, until he imagines pressure that isn't there.  He simply does not work his progressions, no matter how much time you give him. Give him more time he just stares down his guy for longer before jumping to the checkdown or forcing the play. 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#37 : July 05, 2013, 06:56:45 PM

its quite possible that the ability to go through progressions as an NFL QB is a given talent, not a talent that can be acquired through hardwork.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Theoldbuc

Starter

#38 : July 05, 2013, 07:03:41 PM

I have to say, for a guy with such "glaring deficiencies," how in the heck did he ever throw for 27 tds and 4000 yards?  ::)  And to think, Eli in his 9th year in the same system only threw for 26 tds and 3900 yards. :o

At the end of the day, "we have a QB capable of accomplishing all of our goals." - Greg Schiano, infamous "competition response" press conference at the combine Feb. 2013.
: July 05, 2013, 07:09:48 PM Theoldbuc

gone

Hall of Famer
#39 : July 05, 2013, 07:05:35 PM

I have to say, for guy with such "glaring deficiencies," how in the heck did he ever throw for 27 tds and 4000 yards?  ::)  And to think, Eli in his 4th+ year in the same system only threw for 26 tds and 3900 yards. :o

At the end of the day, "we have a QB capable of accomplishing all of our goals." - Greg Schiano, infamous "competition response" press conference at the combine Feb. 2013.

Stats without perspective are pointless.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#40 : July 05, 2013, 07:09:06 PM

How is that gonna aid him in going thru his progressions and improve his accuracy??

Subconsciously understanding the play, getting less frequently pressured and by this FEELING less pressure should allow him to use his ressources elsewhere, for instance going through his progression or focusing on his mechanics.

I wonder how you got through driving school, i guess checking the rearview mirror become a habit the moment you sat in a car for the first time, right? F/e not having to check every single road name to find the way to your destination , subconsciously following your route, allows you to concentrate on other things, like energy saving use of the gas pedal or flirting with the hottie in the car next to you.

Simple things like getting married might already have a huge impact on him, in case some of the rumors are true and those really have negative effects on his play right now.

The problem with your analogy is that he didn't just start driving. He was handed the keys and has been behind the wheel for 56 games with minimal improvement. And minimal is being generous.

I was talking about new system and improved Oline. He should already figured out how to use the rear view mirror, no doubt.
You ever drove outside of the US, for instance in crazy europe or asia? How about a country not even sharing the same letters to show directions? I'm sure you will be master the traffic of a city like Cairo in a heart beat. You saw the motorbike in your mirror trying to overtake you, while you were still trying to figure out how to get to your hotel? Why are you still running in 3rd gear, its the autobahn, you are blocking the whole road, but better not try to overtake on right side. How to get out of that traffic circle again, but do not forget to use to mirror and turn signal.
Yeah im too generous, you are already driving for years, looking for direction in new city puts no stress on an expert driver like you, not making you miss on basics.

But yes, it does not take forever to adjust to new circumstances, he will have to show improvements sooner or later, not that he has alot of time here left anyway, but while adjusting to you make simple mistakes, which COULD be removed by getting more familiar with your surroundings.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#41 : July 05, 2013, 07:15:46 PM

I have to say, for guy with such "glaring deficiencies," how in the heck did he ever throw for 27 tds and 4000 yards?  ::)  And to think, Eli in his 4th+ year in the same system only threw for 26 tds and 3900 yards. :o

Stats without perspective are pointless.

I thought Schiano offered perspective, but I guess in your mind that doesn't count.  And for the record, only 7 QB's threw for more td's and only 9 threw for more yards. Are you saying that kind of production lacks perspective?
: July 05, 2013, 07:57:17 PM Theoldbuc

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 05, 2013, 07:53:13 PM

I think the 21 ranking is right on.    Close to average, slightly better than.

He is definitely not an elite QB in the league. But he is not as bad as some of the QB's in the league, that teams have to start because of desperation. 

ingey1968

Starter

#43 : July 05, 2013, 07:55:42 PM

one of two types think Freeman is anywhere near good as Alex Smith...   Homers and dumbass,s. somehow you are talented enough to be both. Amazing....

Freeman is nowhere near as good as Alex smith. The guy has a 95 QB rating, 30 tds and 10 ints the past 2 seasons.  Freeman has more ints in the past two seasons then smith has in the past 4 combined.   and since some of you seem rather fond of freemans team records, Alex has a couple of them also and unlike Tampa, they have a couple hall of famers in the teams past..

49ers franchise records

Most game winning drives in a single season: 6 (2011)[66]
    Most 4th quarter comeback wins in a single season: 6 (2011)[66]
    Fewest interceptions in a single season: 5 in 2011 (16 starts) [66]
    Most consecutive pass attempts without an interception: 249 (previous record: 184, by Steve Young

Aftet that list, just off the top of my head I can see Freeman being ahead of Carson Palmer, Ryan Tannehill, Buffalo QB, maybe Alex Smith.

I think putting him in the low 20's, high teens is probably accurate. He may be a little higher on Jaws' list as I know Jaws has said a lot f positive things about him in the past, and Freeman has a number of weapons/contract year.

Troll harder. If you're gonna beat Morgy for replacing Java then you better put some effort in.

ingey1968

Starter

#44 : July 05, 2013, 07:58:34 PM

oh, If you or anyone else wants to put your money where your mouth is, I will wager any amount that Smith guides KC to a better record then freeman takes tampa.

Freeman is nowhere near as good as Alex smith. The guy has a 95 QB rating, 30 tds and 10 ints the past 2 seasons.  Freeman has more ints in the past two seasons then smith has in the past 4 combined.   and since some of you seem rather fond of freemans team records, Alex has a couple of them also and unlike Tampa, they have a couple hall of famers in the teams past..

49ers franchise records

Most game winning drives in a single season: 6 (2011)[66]
    Most 4th quarter comeback wins in a single season: 6 (2011)[66]
    Fewest interceptions in a single season: 5 in 2011 (16 starts) [66]
    Most consecutive pass attempts without an interception: 249 (previous record: 184, by Steve Young

Aftet that list, just off the top of my head I can see Freeman being ahead of Carson Palmer, Ryan Tannehill, Buffalo QB, maybe Alex Smith.

I think putting him in the low 20's, high teens is probably accurate. He may be a little higher on Jaws' list as I know Jaws has said a lot f positive things about him in the past, and Freeman has a number of weapons/contract year.

Troll harder. If you're gonna beat Morgy for replacing Java then you better put some effort in.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jaws QB Countdown for 2012 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools