Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jaws QB Countdown for 2012 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#45 : July 05, 2013, 11:58:37 PM

one of two types think Freeman is anywhere near good as Alex Smith...   Homers and dumbass,s. somehow you are talented enough to be both. Amazing....

Freeman is nowhere near as good as Alex smith. The guy has a 95 QB rating, 30 tds and 10 ints the past 2 seasons.  Freeman has more ints in the past two seasons then smith has in the past 4 combined.   and since some of you seem rather fond of freemans team records, Alex has a couple of them also and unlike Tampa, they have a couple hall of famers in the teams past..

49ers franchise records

Most game winning drives in a single season: 6 (2011)[66]
    Most 4th quarter comeback wins in a single season: 6 (2011)[66]
    Fewest interceptions in a single season: 5 in 2011 (16 starts) [66]
    Most consecutive pass attempts without an interception: 249 (previous record: 184, by Steve Young

Aftet that list, just off the top of my head I can see Freeman being ahead of Carson Palmer, Ryan Tannehill, Buffalo QB, maybe Alex Smith.

I think putting him in the low 20's, high teens is probably accurate. He may be a little higher on Jaws' list as I know Jaws has said a lot f positive things about him in the past, and Freeman has a number of weapons/contract year.

Troll harder. If you're gonna beat Morgy for replacing Java then you better put some effort in.

I said troll harder. Also, please try to learn how our quote system works.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#46 : July 07, 2013, 10:46:12 AM

He is ranked excellently by The Polish Rifle.

Oh wait, he is Polish? 

Never mind. Josh should be ranked 24th then. You know them Polacks...always gettin' stuff wrong.
😉(Part polish here)

But seriously, anyone with eyeballs can see how awful Josh can be.  Stick your franchise records where the sun probably doesn't shine in most cases.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#47 : July 07, 2013, 11:38:39 AM

Never mind. Josh should be ranked 24th[...]
But seriously, anyone with eyeballs can see how awful Josh can be.  Stick your franchise records where the sun probably doesn't shine in most cases.

Since you said it so well yourself, i read your 'opinion' under those circumstances here, lol

You know them Polacks...always gettin' stuff wrong.
😉(Part polish here)

Call me once we have another QB holding those franchise records or atleast is on the verge to, considering what kind of guys put up those numbers and how they did it, it should be an absolute must to shatter 'em rather quickly before calling him an great QB or just an upgrade to Freeman, allowing the whole TEAM to profit from, which is the ulimate goal.
But instead of TEAM, we talk QB. When seeing QB as the most important position in football, we think we just need to talk about what Freeman is NOT, instead of just admitting what he is.When trying to get an upgrade at QB, we think we just need to 'stop believing' in Freeman.  When we not having won a PO game since forever, we think we just need to avoid mediocrity.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#48 : July 07, 2013, 12:00:45 PM

Hahaha!

Look, some of you guys have it twisted and jammed up.

I truly want Free to shine. I am a Bucc fan.

But what I have observed is another. Regression, lack if general improvement...these sorts of things that have been bantered and brayed about, have left me feeling after watching football for three decades is that he lacks the commodity of a QB that can win big. He just lacks a lot of things that I see in good quarterbacks. He has a lot of work to do to settle the unease regarding his apparent lack of consistency.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#49 : July 07, 2013, 12:52:46 PM

I've heard of Bucs fans...but I'm not sure what bucc fan is...

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#50 : July 07, 2013, 02:06:21 PM

How exactly do you spell our team name, Chace?

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#51 : July 07, 2013, 03:27:48 PM

I think the 21 ranking is right on.    Close to average, slightly better than.

He is definitely not an elite QB in the league. But he is not as bad as some of the QB's in the league, that teams have to start because of desperation.

Agreed.  high teens/early twenties is about right.  You'd hope he'd be farther along by now but he isn't nearly as bad as he made out to be.   he is a scapegoat.  as inconsistent as he was last year he still had us in position to win with multiple 4th qtr leads that our historically bad defense blew. for too many of you he isnt an NFL starter and you lobby for drafting a QB or signing a FA.  I ask you: name a better option in the draft or FA.  Further, if Freeman was a FA there would be several teams in line to sign him.  I see the mistakes and understand the frustration.  HIs inconsistency and inaccuracy makes me want to throw my remote sometimes.  But there are also times when he can also get hot for a few games and tease you with what he could be.  The roller coaster ride is frustrating but I'd like to think there is still upside there.

I'll admit that I didn't want to draft him and have been critical of him in the past but even I can acknowledge that we don't have a better option and have to let him play this season out.  This his contract year.  HIs 2nd year in the system.  The best supporting cast he has had in his career. In short, there are no more excuses and he has everything in place to succeed.  its put up or shut up time. Another mediocre year and we'll start over again at QB. Cut down on the turnovers and he'll get big contract. 
: July 07, 2013, 03:29:25 PM rpc1978

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#52 : July 07, 2013, 03:28:38 PM

Can people stop putting Joseph and Nicks in the same sentence when talking about the offensive line improving? Davin isn't good and comparing him to Nicks is ridiculous.

Additionally, anyone who thinks someone with a career record under .500 at both the college and pro levels has proven himself to be a franchise guy is delusional.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#53 : July 07, 2013, 03:30:58 PM

Can people stop putting Joseph and Nicks in the same sentence when talking about the offensive line improving? Davin isn't good and comparing him to Nicks is ridiculous.

Additionally, anyone who thinks someone with a career record under .500 at both the college and pro levels has proven himself to be a franchise guy is delusional.

So Steven Jackson wasn't a franchise RB on those turrible Rams teams?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#54 : July 07, 2013, 04:38:04 PM

The answer is: No, they can't. People are still under the illusion that he is nearly as good as Nicks. We honestly won't see much of a difference between Meredith in 2012 and Davin in 2013 at the RG position.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#55 : July 07, 2013, 07:36:47 PM

I truly want Free to shine. I am a Bucc fan.

I do not want Freeman to shine, i want OUR QB to shine, because i am a fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Football TEAM. If its Freeman, nice. If its Glennon, maybe even better, considering his smaller contract short time. If its somebody else, cool, i just hope we get this guy anytime soon, not after 3 more 1st round busts.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#56 : July 07, 2013, 08:50:33 PM

Probably the dumbest defense of Freeman ever. Comparing him to a running back.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#57 : July 07, 2013, 09:00:10 PM

Not a defense of Freeman. It's a defense of the "team wins ≠ franchise player" theorem. I'll give you some time to wrap your head around it.

I present the Brown's Joe Thomas as another foil to your theory.
: July 07, 2013, 09:05:14 PM Lord Freesus

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#58 : July 07, 2013, 09:50:24 PM

Not a defense of Freeman. It's a defense of the "team wins ≠ franchise player" theorem. I'll give you some time to wrap your head around it.

I present the Brown's Joe Thomas as another foil to your theory.
Context is something the freeman apologists really fail to grasp.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#59 : July 07, 2013, 09:58:53 PM

Y'all sound like a bunch of Missy Elliott's rolling on acid. This crap is ridiculous. Freepologists clearly lose.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jaws QB Countdown for 2012 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools