Boards > The Red Board

the new regime

(1/4) > >>

xBuCsX_4_XeVax:
I have a feeling that we're going to be  the second coming of the Seahawks. Mark Barron 6-2 213lbs, Dashon Goldson 6-2 200lbs, Jonathan Banks 6-2 185lbs and Derell Revis 5-11 198lbs. all tall and can be as good playmakers if not better. half of that secondary were bums in college (cough cough) Chancelor and Sherman! i also believe that what really made those guys was that superb pass rush they had in front of them. only if we can get half the production from the front line as the Seahawks last year would make at least two of our DBs  pro-bowl selection. i'm very excited to see us put this product on the field making sacks, ints,tfl ect. and winning with it. maybe i'm just being a homer but Can't wait! lol :o          go bucs!

NotDeadYet:
     Pass rush and secondary coverage go hand-in-hand. Better coverage, which is pretty much a given for this year, should create better pass rush, leading to more hurries and sacks.

captainjimbo:
Starters may be good but we're still very thin.  Gotta hope to stay healthy.

BucBalla85:
Can't wait to see this team play.

chace1986:
A. Seattle's pass rush wasn't "suburb".
B. What players do in college is rarely an indication of what they will do in the NFL. What they did in college is irrelevant the day they get drafted....and just because they we're 1st round picks, doesn't mean they were "bums". College "bums" don't get drafted.
C. Whether we have 2 guys selected to the pro-bowl or zero..its irrelevant to how successful the team is or how well they are playing. The pro bowl is a popularity contest that is largely decided by player reputation and media coverage, not necessarily elite play.
D. All that said, I hope they play like Seattle's group. Would be nice to have a good defense again.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax:

--- Quote from: chace1986 on July 04, 2013, 11:20:05 AM ---A. Seattle's pass rush wasn't "suburb".
B. What players do in college is rarely an indication of what they will do in the NFL. What they did in college is irrelevant the day they get drafted....and just because they we're 1st round picks, doesn't mean they were "bums". College "bums" don't get drafted.
C. Whether we have 2 guys selected to the pro-bowl or zero..its irrelevant to how successful the team is or how well they are playing. The pro bowl is a popularity contest that is largely decided by player reputation and media coverage, not necessarily elite play.
D. All that said, I hope they play like Seattle's group. Would be nice to have a good defense again.

--- End quote ---

So you sit there and there to say that Seattles pass rush wasn't excellent and you're damn wrong. Those guys were very disruptive and even with Clemons getting hurt they still had a push without having to blitz. That's when you know that you have a good pass rush D . So don't tell me that it wasn't great last year. Secondly yes "bums " do get drafted anyone can it all depends on the system of the NFL team thats drafts that certain player. Sherman and chancellor were below average DBs in college but they happen to fall in the right system so you can't be mad. But don't tell me that bad players don't get drafted cuz that would be stupid

chace1986:

--- Quote from: xBuCsX_4_XeVax on July 04, 2013, 10:31:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: chace1986 on July 04, 2013, 11:20:05 AM ---A. Seattle's pass rush wasn't "suburb".
B. What players do in college is rarely an indication of what they will do in the NFL. What they did in college is irrelevant the day they get drafted....and just because they we're 1st round picks, doesn't mean they were "bums". College "bums" don't get drafted.
C. Whether we have 2 guys selected to the pro-bowl or zero..its irrelevant to how successful the team is or how well they are playing. The pro bowl is a popularity contest that is largely decided by player reputation and media coverage, not necessarily elite play.
D. All that said, I hope they play like Seattle's group. Would be nice to have a good defense again.

--- End quote ---

So you sit there

--- End quote ---
No I was standing when I posted that, actually.


--- Quote from: xBuCsX_4_XeVax on July 04, 2013, 10:31:03 PM ---and there to say that Seattles pass rush wasn't excellent and you're damn wrong.

--- End quote ---
No, I'm not. I watched nearly all of Seattle's games on NFLReplay. Their pass rush was good, and a lot better than ours, but it wasn't "excellent" or "suburb". If they thought it was that great themselves, I doubt they would have went out and signed both Avril and Bennett.


--- Quote from: xBuCsX_4_XeVax on July 04, 2013, 10:31:03 PM ---Those guys were very disruptive and even with Clemons getting hurt they still had a push without having to blitz.

--- End quote ---
They were disruptive, they just weren't "excellent" or "suburb"


--- Quote from: xBuCsX_4_XeVax on July 04, 2013, 10:31:03 PM ---So don't tell me that it wasn't great last year.

--- End quote ---
It wasn't. It was good, not great.


--- Quote from: xBuCsX_4_XeVax on July 04, 2013, 10:31:03 PM ---Secondly yes "bums " do get drafted anyone can it all depends on the system of the NFL team thats drafts that certain player.

--- End quote ---
Agree to disagree here. I feel that if a player is a "bum" in college, then they aren't even going to get looked at or noticed by the NFL.


--- Quote from: xBuCsX_4_XeVax on July 04, 2013, 10:31:03 PM ---Sherman and chancellor were below average DBs in college but they happen to fall in the right system so you can't be mad.

--- End quote ---
Funny that Chancellor's VT DB coach stated that he was "the greatest Safety in Virginia Tech history". Yes, total collegiate bum...but I guess that will be pegged as "coach speak" to coincide with your argument. ::)


--- Quote from: xBuCsX_4_XeVax on July 04, 2013, 10:31:03 PM ---But don't tell me that bad players don't get drafted cuz that would be stupid

--- End quote ---

Do players get drafted and turn out to be bad NFL players? Yup. Do bad college players(bums) get drafted? 99% of the time, no.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax:

--- Quote from: chace1986 on July 04, 2013, 11:04:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: xBuCsX_4_XeVax on July 04, 2013, 10:31:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: chace1986 on July 04, 2013, 11:20:05 AM ---A. Seattle's pass rush wasn't "suburb".
B. What players do in college is rarely an indication of what they will do in the NFL. What they did in college is irrelevant the day they get drafted....and just because they we're 1st round picks, doesn't mean they were "bums". College "bums" don't get drafted.
C. Whether we have 2 guys selected to the pro-bowl or zero..its irrelevant to how successful the team is or how well they are playing. The pro bowl is a popularity contest that is largely decided by player reputation and media coverage, not necessarily elite play.
D. All that said, I hope they play like Seattle's group. Would be nice to have a good defense again.

--- End quote ---

So you sit there

--- End quote ---
No I was standing when I posted that, actually.


--- Quote from: xBuCsX_4_XeVax on July 04, 2013, 10:31:03 PM ---and there to say that Seattles pass rush wasn't excellent and you're damn wrong.

--- End quote ---
No, I'm not. I watched nearly all of Seattle's games on NFLReplay. Their pass rush was good, and a lot better than ours, but it wasn't "excellent" or "suburb". If they thought it was that great themselves, I doubt they would have went out and signed both Avril and Bennett.


--- Quote from: xBuCsX_4_XeVax on July 04, 2013, 10:31:03 PM ---Those guys were very disruptive and even with Clemons getting hurt they still had a push without having to blitz.

--- End quote ---
They were disruptive, they just weren't "excellent" or "suburb"


--- Quote from: xBuCsX_4_XeVax on July 04, 2013, 10:31:03 PM ---So don't tell me that it wasn't great last year.

--- End quote ---
It wasn't. It was good, not great.


--- Quote from: xBuCsX_4_XeVax on July 04, 2013, 10:31:03 PM ---Secondly yes "bums " do get drafted anyone can it all depends on the system of the NFL team thats drafts that certain player.

--- End quote ---
Agree to disagree here. I feel that if a player is a "bum" in college, then they aren't even going to get looked at or noticed by the NFL.


--- Quote from: xBuCsX_4_XeVax on July 04, 2013, 10:31:03 PM ---Sherman and chancellor were below average DBs in college but they happen to fall in the right system so you can't be mad.

--- End quote ---
Funny that Chancellor's VT DB coach stated that he was "the greatest Safety in Virginia Tech history". Yes, total collegiate bum...but I guess that will be pegged as "coach speak" to coincide with your argument. ::)


--- Quote from: xBuCsX_4_XeVax on July 04, 2013, 10:31:03 PM ---But don't tell me that bad players don't get drafted cuz that would be stupid

--- End quote ---

Do players get drafted and turn out to be bad NFL players? Yup. Do bad college players(bums) get drafted? 99% of the time, no.

--- End quote ---

ok bro you're obviously going to swing things your way so you're always going to have an argument. but one of my best friends is a Miami fan and most of us are RU fans i've seen Kam play a lot! and if his coach said that he's the best safty he has seen then anyone can be a college coach/recruitor. kam couldn't cover and whiffed on lot of tackles but  because of his frame would never go unnoticed. He walked in  the perfect system for him anywhere else i can assure you would be a below average DB..

xBuCsX_4_XeVax:
and your first point about" how are they great if they went after Bennett and Avril"? that's simple brother every team always has depth and especially them knowing  Irving was serving a 4 game suspension and Clemmons gettung hurt in the playoffs not knowing if he would be back 100% c'mon man they had to do something. PAyton Manning nearly won the  MVP last year with Decker and Thomas but that didnt stop the Broncos from adding yet another big time weapon did it? give me a break

chace1986:
I didn't say "how are they great if they went after Bennett and Avril?". I know they weren't "great", so I have know need to ask that rhetorical question. I said that if they felt that their pass rush was at the level that you say it is, which is excellent or suburb, then they would have seen no need to go after the top 2 edge rushers on the market. Having an excellent or suburb pass rush means that from top to bottom you can constantly generate pass rush no matter who is on the field. Seems they want to take their pass rush from the level of good, to the level excellent. Fact is, the Seahawks didn't generate at ton of pressure off the edge on a consistent basis and want to get better in that regard.

..and the Broncos WR comparison is flawed. Most of the time, you will see Decker, Thomas, and Welker on the field at one time. All three will start and play most of the offensive snaps. You wont see Clemons, Bennett, Avril, and Irvin on the field at once.

Still need a break? ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version