Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: the new regime « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 05, 2013, 11:32:17 AM

I'm a huge VT fan and Kam Chancellor was far from a "bum" in college. He wasnt on Eric Berry's college level, but he was a very solid player. I don't disagree with everything you're saying, but Chancellor was never a bum or even a mediocre player.
Well I'm a big UM fan and to me every player that plays for VT is a bum until they leave.  :P

Kam Chancellor is a baller BTW.

Sucks to be U!

http://youtu.be/blzftASduNc

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

youngone

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 05, 2013, 11:44:32 AM

I'm a huge VT fan and Kam Chancellor was far from a "bum" in college. He wasnt on Eric Berry's college level, but he was a very solid player. I don't disagree with everything you're saying, but Chancellor was never a bum or even a mediocre player.
Well I'm a big UM fan and to me every player that plays for VT is a bum until they leave.  :P

Kam Chancellor is a baller BTW.

Sucks to be U!

http://youtu.be/blzftASduNc
Mehhh.. Nice win for you guys but it's like they say.. The sun even shines on a dogs ass sometimes lol

I know we tapped that ass last season  ;D

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 05, 2013, 12:01:53 PM

3rd time in the past 10 years. You said something about a dogs ass? Lol.

It's my favorite VT rivalry. Our main rival is UVA but that's just a joke.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

youngone

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 05, 2013, 12:05:22 PM

3rd time in the past 10 years. You said something about a dogs ass? Lol.

It's my favorite VT rivalry. Our main rival is UVA but that's just a joke.
Lol hahahaha

I love the rivalry tho.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#19 : July 05, 2013, 12:05:42 PM

ok maybe Kam wasn't the worst safety in college but  my point was that as big as we are at DBs our guys have higher ceiling and i believe we will see that soon. 

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#20 : July 05, 2013, 12:10:48 PM

for as disruptive as SF and SEA defenses are, they dont really get many sacks.

my point exactly you don't have to 100 sacks as a team a year to be a great D. the amount of pressure those guys up front put on opposing QBs is ridiculous. if we happen to get a push like the Seahawks our DBs will blossom guaranteed

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 05, 2013, 12:16:19 PM

my point exactly you don't have to 100 sacks as a team a year to be a great D. the amount of pressure those guys up front put on opposing QBs is ridiculous. if we happen to get a push like the Seahawks our DBs will blossom guaranteed
or if we have better coverage our pressure/disruptiveness will look much better.  its very subjective.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 05, 2013, 01:45:55 PM

I mean...I get it. The point of the thread, that is. In an underhanded fashion, make a point that the success of Seattle's secondary was heavily predicated on the pass rush, and not the talent of the DBs. Make believe that it was this "excellent" or "suburb" unit that "really made those guys"......but it is just that, make believe. Like I said, I get it. With this false portrait painted, it will make it a lot easier to claim the Bucs secondary's potential success will be predicated on their talent, while Seattle's secondary only reaped the benefit of an excellent pass rush. Once again, I'm not saying that Seattle's pass rush was bad. They were good, and a hell of a lot better than ours, but saying that they were "excellent" and were mostly responsible for the secondary's success, is simply absurd.

maybe i'm just being a homer

Yes, I'd say so.

or if we have better coverage our pressure/disruptiveness will look much better.  its very subjective.

Nope. Apparently, if their DBs have success, since they weren't all 1st or upper round picks or winning collegiate awards, then it is because of their pass rush/scheme/magic fairies/football gods.
If our guys have success, it will be because they were all (pretty much) highly touted coming out of college, and had plenty of accolades coming in, which of course, all but guarantees NFL success/stardom...right?

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#23 : July 05, 2013, 02:32:34 PM

I mean...I get it. The point of the thread, that is. In an underhanded fashion, make a point that the success of Seattle's secondary was heavily predicated on the pass rush, and not the talent of the DBs. Make believe that it was this "excellent" or "suburb" unit that "really made those guys"......but it is just that, make believe. Like I said, I get it. With this false portrait painted, it will make it a lot easier to claim the Bucs secondary's potential success will be predicated on their talent, while Seattle's secondary only reaped the benefit of an excellent pass rush. Once again, I'm not saying that Seattle's pass rush was bad. They were good, and a hell of a lot better than ours, but saying that they were "excellent" and were mostly responsible for the secondary's success, is simply absurd.

maybe i'm just being a homer

Yes, I'd say so.

Nope. Apparently, if their DBs have success, since they weren't all 1st or upper round picks or winning collegiate awards, then it is because of their pass rush/scheme/magic fairies/football gods.
If our guys have success, it will be because they were all (pretty much) highly touted coming out of college, and had plenty of accolades coming in, which of course, all but guarantees NFL success/stardom...right?

look bro i'm not going to keep trying to prove my point to you because you obviously just dont get it. the Seahawks secondary have talent but IMO we're more talented. you exaggerated every point  i made and it's silly.without the front line they have i doubt Sherman and company would high profile players as they are now. but whatever you'll find a way to swing that too smh

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 05, 2013, 02:50:04 PM

Well, thank God, our DC's last two defenses were historically bad.  Gotta real good feeling about guys like that.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 05, 2013, 03:09:16 PM

Well, thank God, our DC's last two defenses were historically bad.  Gotta real good feeling about guys like that.

Do you think the players being coached had talent?

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 05, 2013, 03:48:22 PM

Do you think the players being coached had talent?

His schemes sucked at NY and here.  Not sure how anyone can RATIONALIZE it.  Dude just plain sucks as a DC.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#27 : July 05, 2013, 05:15:22 PM

His schemes sucked at NY and here. 
Do you believe we are running the same scheme as the giants ran under Sheridan?

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

Pro Bowler

#28 : July 05, 2013, 05:31:36 PM

Do you believe we are running the same scheme as the giants ran under Sheridan?

I think coach S has a few tweaks on Sheridans D. In NY he didnt have to blitz with the kind of push and pressure the DL was applying. last year he was compelled to send the heat because our DL wasnt getting enough push. so to answer your question NOPE!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 05, 2013, 05:46:49 PM

Oh wow...a college defense got destroyed in the pros.  Crazy thought.  Weird.

these 2 posts within the hour?  c'mon.  so which his it?  you are just throwing any type of negativity up against the wall to see if it will stick.  at least be honest with your criticisms.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: the new regime « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools