Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers Must Find Help for the Muscle Hamster « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : July 07, 2013, 09:52:53 AM

I rather wait and see who else will come available.

you mean sift thru other team's trash?

-------------------------------------------------------

youngone

Hall of Famer
#31 : July 07, 2013, 10:19:24 AM

Not exactly. Finding a young quantity RB is not rocket science especially when we have a good oline and dangerous passing attack in place already. People say it's sifting thru trash but we did get a 1000 yard back out of the scrap heap before. Decent RBs are a dime a dozen right now, and if ours disappoints then we'll make moves... Simple as that.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : July 07, 2013, 12:35:34 PM

Not exactly. Finding a young quantity RB is not rocket science especially when we have a good oline and dangerous passing attack in place already. People say it's sifting thru trash but we did get a 1000 yard back out of the scrap heap before. Decent RBs are a dime a dozen right now, and if ours disappoints then we'll make moves... Simple as that.

Only if your name is Mike Shanahan. Our history suggests it really isn't that simple.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#33 : July 07, 2013, 12:42:17 PM

Only if your name is Mike Shanahan. Our history suggests it really isn't that simple.
But what are we looking for? Somebody who can take 8-10 carries a game just to spell Doug. We don't need to find a world beater to do that. Sure you can what happens if Doug gets hurt, but if that happens unless we have a Ben Tate on the bench we'll have to adjust no matter who the back up is.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#34 : July 07, 2013, 12:44:09 PM

That's exactly what i'm lookin for.... a guy that could not only give Doug a breather, but could tote the pill if he has to miss a game or 3. I have no faith in Leonard to do that.

And nothing in his NFL history suggests that he can!!

youngone

Hall of Famer
#35 : July 07, 2013, 12:52:50 PM

That's exactly what i'm lookin for.... a guy that could not only give Doug a breather, but could tote the pill if he has to miss a game or 3. I have no faith in Leonard to do that.

And nothing in his NFL history suggests that he can!!
But the thing is.. Leonard will not be that guy and the team wouldn't be seeing Leonard as that guy either. I'm sure right now they want James/Smith/Demps to be that guy and if they can't prove it then they'll make a move. Brian Leonard will probably have the same amount of carries as Erik Lorig but will have more catches because that's who he is.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#36 : July 07, 2013, 12:55:16 PM

I too would love for James to be that guy but suppose he isn't, then what? McGahee would be great insurance... provided he's willing to come in at a salary that's suitable to Dom and if he doesn't work out, you send him packing.

What's the downside to that?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#37 : July 07, 2013, 01:29:53 PM

I too would love for James to be that guy but suppose he isn't, then what? McGahee would be great insurance... provided he's willing to come in at a salary that's suitable to Dom and if he doesn't work out, you send him packing.

Right now we don't really NEED him. Better to see what we have already especially when the pads  go on, then make a move  if they don't like what they see. So what we miss out on MaGahee if we wait but guys like Beenie Wells, Cedric Benson, and Kevin Smith are all still looking for jobs. There will be more after the 4th preseason game as well. They can take their time.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#38 : July 07, 2013, 01:35:55 PM

Right now we don't really NEED him. Better to see what we have already especially when the pads  go on, then make a move  if they don't like what they see. So what we miss out on MaGahee if we wait but guys like Beenie Wells, Cedric Benson, and Kevin Smith are all still looking for jobs. There will be more after the 4th preseason game as well. They can take their time.

Would take a chance on Benson but the other two can pound sand!!

youngone

Hall of Famer
#39 : July 07, 2013, 01:38:44 PM

Would take a chance on Benson but the other two can pound sand!!
There will be more. Younger guys will come available.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 07, 2013, 01:44:27 PM

Javon Ringer, Steven Slaton, Jaime Harper, Darren Evans are all still available. We will have alot of options if we need to pick someone up.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 07, 2013, 01:55:55 PM

Finding RB's for depth isn't difficult but the Buca make it more harder than it really is.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#42 : July 07, 2013, 02:04:19 PM

I can see S giving Steve Slaton a look as a result of his WVU cred...

Hate

Hall of Famer
#43 : July 07, 2013, 03:24:56 PM

Javon Ringer, Steven Slaton, Jaime Harper, Darren Evans are all still available. We will have alot of options if we need to pick someone up.

Dude, what are you doing, just pulling names outta your azz?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#44 : July 07, 2013, 03:29:09 PM

Dude, what are you doing, just pulling names outta your azz?
Young guys who could be decent back ups..
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers Must Find Help for the Muscle Hamster « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools